Friday, July 5, 2019

Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, FH50700

Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, FH50700

Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, FH50700

First off, I LOVE this machine. I did about 500sq ft the first day it was delivered. While I love his pristine and clean it got my carpets, it does have a few quirks.

This is the ideal carpet cleaning machine for apartment-dwellers with pets and carpets. Even if you use a “spot eliminator” device like I do, you know eventually you need to clean larger areas of carpet a spot device just can’t handle — or you want to clean the entire carpet in your space.

The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to assemble the machine once you get the parts out of the box. One caveat: the cap on the solution/water bottle. Push the inside of the cap out BEFORE you position the bottle (upside-down) in the machine — otherwise it will leak. I learned this after doing the wrong thing on the first fill. This quirk should be addressed on the quick set-up card for impulsive people such as myself.

The second thing I immediately noticed was how loud this machine is. It’s louder than most vacuums. I would definitely recommend not using it in the morning or evening — unless you want your neighbors to hate you.

Another quirk. The price point means certain “luxury” features are gone. If you hear the noise change, that is telling you either the cleaner/water bottle is empty — or the dirty water tank is full. Fill up the cleaner and dump the dirty tank at the same time. There is no light or other mechanism other than the way the machine sounds to tell you this.

Last quirk: the dirty water tank. You press the button from behind the machine and slide it out. The first time I put the handle down and was confused since no other machine I had worked this way. My advice: just take a few minutes to read the instructions.

Overall, i’m in love with this machine. If you are on a budget and can forgo luxury features, this machine will be for you. If you like tons of features, you might be disappointed by this particular machine.

I love that it’s small and easy to store; if you need to clean more than three large rooms, consider a machine with a wider path. Each room took me about three fills and three times emptying the dirty water tank. If you want a larger capacity machine, look for one with larger tanks and a larger cleaning path.

But if you don’t mind a little extra work, this machine is a solid 4.5 stars for me (too bad I can only give 4 on Amazon’s rating — 5 Stars would be too much considering the loudness and quirks).

I am so happy with this little machine! I used to have one of those big carpet shampooers that are so very heavy. I had to have my grandson come over to help me with it! I could barely push it. This little Hoover is so much lighter it is hard to believe what a great job it does! The carpet looks amazingly clean. The machine is so light it is very easy to handle and I did not need anyone's help. And so quick! We have two little dachshunds that don't always make it outside in time. So maybe you can imagine. The carpet is so clean now you would never know the pups were there! And absolutely no smell. It is incredible. So if you are wavering between this and a bigger, more expensive machine because you think that will work better because of the price, waver no more. This little Hoover works just as well, if not better! I swear!

I really like it! It cleaned the carpet very well. I attached a before and after of the main spot in my carpet without being pretreated. The only problems are that the clean water tank is very small, I had to empty and refill it 4 times just for my small apartment living room. The dirty water tank is also hard to clean, there's just some cat litter sitting in the bottom that I can't reach to clean out.
Overall great purchase. It's small enough to have in my closet, it's lightweight and easy to use and put together.

I freaking love this thing. It's small but extremely powerful! The soap that comes with it is excellent! When I ran out I bought a gallon of it! The amount of cat hair this thing sucks up is insane! I'm 6 months pregnant and have absolutely no trouble with this thing. It snaps together easy to fill and change water. I wish I could give it 10 stars.

I run dog services, boarding and daycare, out of my home. You can imagine my carpet sees high traffic regularly and potty accidents on occasion from the puppers. Love this Hoover! Holy moly! It picks up a CRAZY amount of deeply imbedded debris, dirt, stains, and hair. The difference in how much cleaner my carpet is after using it is OUTSTANDING!! I regularly vacuum and spot clean with other carpet cleaners and couldn’t fathom the filth I was actually living in after using the Hoover. It’s easy to assemble and light weight too. You can’t deny the results when cleaning out the dirty water tank either. Easily the best purchase I have made for my small business! Finally no more “spots” on my carpet from spot cleaning stains. And my new regular go to when cleaning my carpets and area rugs throughout my home! Very Impressive!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 2X More Cleaning Power than the leading lightweight carpet cleaner
  • PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll delivers powerful cleaning with antimicrobial protection
  • HeatForce power means faster drying. Clean Water Capacity- 0.5 Gallons
  • Lightweight design for ease of use
  • Powerful cleaning for high traffic areas and small spaces

Description

The Hoover PowerDash Complete Carpet Cleaner easily tackles pet messes and everyday stains. It delivers 2X More Cleaning Power than the leading lightweight carpet cleaner. Our new PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll provides a powerful clean for high traffic areas and small spaces and the antimicrobial protection keeps your brush roll safe from odor and bacteria. The lightweight design makes it easy to use anywhere, while the compact design makes storage a breeze. Designed with HeatForce power to deliver faster drying for all your messes. Our Dual Tank System keeps clean and dirty water separate plus its is easy to fill, empty and rinse, while the removable nozzle allows you to easily clean away all that dirt and grime. The Low Profile Foot helps you easily reach and remove stains in tight places and under furniture for a more convenient cleaning experience. Tackle pet messes and everyday stains with the new Hoover PowerDash Complete Carpet Cleaner.



I have a Doberman with a sensitive stomach and impeccable aim for my white area rug. As much fun as endlessly spot cleaning the rug is, it was time for a deeper clean. I had read good reviews about this and decided that the time was right. I’m really pleased with how easy it was to assemble and how simple it is to use. Hold the trigger down to spray the water and cleaning solution and release it to suck the water up. So simple and effective. Note: if you’re trying to clean a specific spot you should still spot clean it before using this, but this just gives everything nice overall clean.

Bought this because of other positive reviews and am not disappointed! Yes, you do have to full the water reservoir multiple times but that works for me since 90% of home is hardwood floors so I only need it for a few area rugs (which one is shag carpet and cleans it wonderfully) and downstairs carpeted living room. Does a fantastic job and is easy to operate and take apart to clean!

One of our cats, if given the chance, will pee on almost anything left on the floor--clothes, paper, the dogs' toys, you name it. We have a Bissell Little Green that's fine for quick, shallow spots, but carpet is tough to really clean. I decided it was time to invest in something that was actually meant for carpet cleaning. This guy had good reviews and a good price tag, so I decided to give it a shot.

So far, I'm really happy with it! If you take a look at the pictures, you can see 1) how much junk came out of the carpet after one cleaning; 2) what one section of carpet looked like before cleaning; and 3) the same section of carpet right after cleaning. You can still see some of the stains, but there's a huge improvement, and I think with another pass or two the rest of the stains will come out--and considering that stains are about a year old, that's not too shabby. For reference, we have all Berber carpeting.

Pros: Lightweight, easy to assemble, easy to load and empty, simple to use and does a good job.

Cons: Only covers 10-15 square feet per tank of clean water (but it's so easy to reload that this doesn't really bother me), inconvenient to clean brush and brush compartment (as some other reviewers have pointed out, you have to remove five screws to open the brush compartment, and then remove the belt from the brush itself to remove and clean everything).

For me, the pros of this little thing definitely outweigh the cons! As far as cleaning the brush goes, I've just been smushing a rag up behind the brush and it gets most of the crap out. As another reviewer mentioned, it's difficult to completely empty the dirty water tank--but since the only thing that's going back in is more dirty water, this doesn't really bother me. And now if we catch our cat committing the crime, we can just quickly run this over the stain and get it right away.

NOTE: If you let the dirty water tank get too full, the spray and suction functions will stop working!! It's not broken--just empty the dirty water tank and it should be good as new.

As someone who plans to ALWAYS have pets, I'm very happy with this machine. I'd rather refill a water tank twenty times than rent and lug around a big machine, or pay for someone to come in and clean!

So much lighter than my old Hoover shampooer and it's so much easier to use. Cleaned my carpet beautifully. Wish I had bought this a long time ago. Now I can clean my carpet more often. Room smelled so much more fresh after just one cleaning. While some said it didn't suck up enough water, I did not have that problem at all. Mine sucked up the water just fine. Maybe some people are spraying too much water into their carpet at once. I always go over the wet area a few times to make sure I've sucked up most of the water. One thing you need to know is that this really puts out a lot of water when you use the sprayer, so what I found is to go fairly quick when spraying the carpet with water and go very slow when sucking it back up. Works great!

I bought this cleaner for some terrible pet stains on our carpet. We had an old dog who started having accidents and then got a new dog who smelled them and decided to pee there also. I had Stanley Steamer clean the carpet at least twice and it always looks good for a week or two and then the spots return. Rather than having them out monthly, I thought I would try and clean them myself when the spots returned.
I used it yesterday for the first time and am very impressed. It was light weight and very easy to use. At this point, the carpet looks great. The spots will most likely return, but I don't mind doing this myself every so often.
I was able to clean out both water tanks with ease. My only issue, is the roller brush. It says in the manual you can pull up and remove it, but when I pulled up, the only thing that came off was the clear plastic shield. I could not figure out how to get the brush off. I was able to turn it with my fingers and get most of the gunk out, but need to figure out how to actually get the brush out.
I think for the price, this is a great machine.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment