Saturday, July 13, 2019

Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Toothbrush Replacement Brush Heads, 3ct

Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Toothbrush Replacement Brush Heads, 3ct

Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Toothbrush Replacement Brush Heads, 3ct

The wife's Braun finally gave up the ghost so she assigned me the task of finding a replacement. I was looking for a Braun and wasn't paying attention I guess and ordered this Oral B. I figured she'd be mad and beat me up again for not getting the right one but as it turns out Oral B and Braun are both owned by Protor and Gamble. They make good stuff. As it turns out this Oral B is just like the old Braun. It says made in Germany everywhere I could find so I'm assuming Proctor took the Braun and put it in the Oral B packaging. At least for this model. Well you can't beat them Germans on quality and best of all the wife loves it. Very happy with the purchase. Joke for you... Did you know that the toothbrush was invented in (enter the place of your choice, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama etc)? Response: Why no, I did not know that. Are you sure? Punch line: Sure I'm sure! If it had been invented anywhere else it would be called a TEETHBRUSH! Sorry. Buy this toothbrush. It's way better than the joke.

I had a sonicare for years and my hygienist discussed getting me to switch to this kind of brush instead. I replaced the sonicare brush with the Oral B 1000 after the old one quit working and so far I am happy with the results. When you get it, just take it out of the box and let it charge overnight before using it. My battery light was solid the next morning, showing it was fully charged. (this was a complaint of some people). *if you have multiple people using this unit then buy the base that goes with it and color code the brush heads. The base is sold separately for about 6.95

Negatives : It doesn't have variable speed as the directions said. I tried different methods according to what instructions said but it only turns on and off for this model. It also seems like it didn't automatically shut off. I had brushed all my teeth and it was still running. I timed the model applying pressure on the stem like I was brushing and every 30 seconds it pulsed to signal you need to change quadrants so that is good but after 2 minutes it didn't shut off automatically it just pulsed again to signal to change quadrants of my mouth.

Positives: The brush isn't bulky so it is easy to handle. I feel like I just came from the dentist after I am done brushing. The pressure sensor seems to work fine to make sure I am not brushing too hard. Overall this is a good basic replacement for my previous brush.

PSA
I've never gone to the dentist regularly because every time i had multiple cavities that they would fill (through a painful and expensive process) then no matter what i did I would go back and my fillings would have cavities around them and I'd end up losing my tooth anyways. So i saw absolutely no point in getting fillings- just take the tooth when it's time.
HOWEVER i was told last time i went (3 years ago) that i should really try an electric toothbrush. The one they had was over $100 so i got this one off amazon for $40.
And you guys... I went in today and have NO CAVITIES. 😮What?? I even asked straight out "Wait, I don't have ANY? " I always have 2 or 3! So my point is if you struggle with cavities even though you're doing everything right (or maybe especially if you're not) this toothbrush is so worth it! And you can pop the head on and off easily so more than one person can use the handle and you just have separate replacement heads.
I really wish I'd known how great these are before! It could have saved me a few teeth!😬
And also- if you hear any complaints about mold growing where the head connects- it says clearly in the directions to remove the head after every use and rinse. So that's the user's error. It's not that hard to rinse the head people.

I bought this to replace my Sonicare. I am a LONG time user of the Sonicare and loved it. I didnt like how I would occasionally touch my teeth with the brush head hard plastic. My dentist says no way this can hurt/chip my teeth BUT over the past few years, I was having more breakage and chipping of teeth. So I switched. This Oral-B seems much gentler but also seems to have plenty of brushing power and effectiveness. I still get the slick, super clean tooth feeling, like I did with my Sonicare. I can also reach back teeth easier and it is easier to do the back of my front teeth due to the smaller brush head. After a few moths I am still happy with the Oral-B. The brush head has good life, doesnt jam up with old toothpaste and the battery charge lasts a week. Battery life not as good as Sonicare, but more than good enough.

Update: I have been using it for couple of weeks now and still going strong!! No problems.... and I am beginning to realize just how much effort I am saving. Literally, no furious scrubbing back and forth and up and down, just slowly moving the head from one tooth to another with a little bit of tilting here and there. Sometimes I have a second go just because its kind of relaxing and I get lost in my thoughts. Easily one of my best impulse amazon purchases ever. I did end up buying an after market add-on for stand to hold extra heads. And a couple of different heads just to try them out.

Okay, let me be very clear..... I was not in the market when I bought this product.
I was actually drunk amazon-ing (You all know you've done it!!)
That being said, I am glad I did!! Honestly it is quite possibly the cleanest that my teeth and gums have ever felt.
Lets go through the pros and cons real quick, then I will address some concerning reports that other purchasers have made.

Pros
- Inexpensive
- Works great
- Cool little alert when to move to other part of your chompers (every 30 seconds it pulses to let you know)
- Simple and easy to get started using

Cons
- No holder for additional Oral B heads
- No additional head
- Very basic functionality

Now, I would suggest those cons be taken with the understanding in mind. this is a base model, introductory power tooth brush.

In regards to complaints from others.... I have not noticed any weird gunk coming out of my battery. I have not had any "staining" of the handle. My best guess is that these things are the result of people not rinsing off their toothbrush and wiping it down after they use it (which is kind of just basic cleanliness...). My box was not opened and had not been tampered with upon receipt, I feel like that complaint is not really relevant to the product, and more of a single incident that should be addressed with amazon.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Package includes 3 Genuine Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Toothbrush Replacement Brush Head Refills
  • Extra soft bristles for sensitive gums provide a superior and gentle clean vs. a regular manual toothbrush
  • Round brush head is inspired by dental professional tools for a tooth-by-tooth clean, with specially engineered bristles
  • Oral-B is the #1 dentist-recommended toothbrush brand worldwide
  • Compatible with the entire lineup of Oral-B rechargeable handles, except for Oral-B Sonic toothbrushes

Description

The Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care replacement toothbrush head features extra soft bristles for a superior* gentle clean, ideal for cleaning around sensitive and inflamed areas. The round brush head is inspired by dental professional tools for a tooth-by-tooth clean, with specially engineered bristles for optimal tooth coverage. Compatible with Oral-B Genius 8000, Oral-B PRO 7000, 6000, 5000, 3000 and 1000, and Oral-B Vitality. Each order comes with 3 Oral-B Sensitive Gum Care Electric Replacement Toothbrush Heads. *vs. a regular manual toothbrush



Despite the fact this toothbrush is rather loud - we're talking a "leaf blower type sound coming from inside your head as you use it" loud, I love it. I'm not sure if it's because I was using a 10+ year old model or what, but it is so fast, the angled brushes do a better job of cleaning than my previous one did, the replaceable head is small, like the other, and easy to attach/detach for cleaning (unlike the Vitality model). You don't need to leave this on the charger daily as it can last 7 days off. My biggest complaint about this model is that the handle is so THIN and too smooth. If your hands get wet, it's easy to lose your grip and drop this, which I have already once, straight down on the base of it against the edge of my ceramic sink. So consider that when you're looking for this model. It doesn't have any silicone to grip and the power button is not where the handle gently extrudes like the Vitality -- it's just above it where there's a slight depression. This messes me up a lot when trying to turn it off.

My dentist - while cleaning my teeth last week - kept drilling me, "YOU HAVE TO GET AN ELECTRIC TOOTH BRUSH TO FIGHT OFF YOUR PLAQUE BUILD-UP YOU ALWAYS GET!"

So, I decided to follow her advice.
I saw the ratings on this and was very skeptical because of the bargain price.
This is the best toothbrush I have ever used! It gets the job done, it notifies you via vibration when you've completed 2 minutes of brushing, and it's very sensitive on the teeth. I've never had cleaner teeth every morning and night like this.

Must buy and try!

I’ve used several different models of Oral-B toothbrushes through the years since my dental hygienist recommended Oral-B over the Sonicare. I had an older rechargeable model once but was always bothered by the charging stand and cord taking up valuable space on my tiny bathroom vanity area. Since my dental office offered the Oral-B Pro-Health Precision Clean Battery Toothbrush for sale (powered by 2-AA batteries) I purchased it from them ($15) and had been using it for years. I saw the Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush on Amazon and decided to try it since it looked like the charging stand was tiny and it has the 30 second timer feature which the Precision Clean Battery model lacks. Also there was a nice bonus online coupon that day.
I’ve been using the brush for a week now. There is supposed to be an indicator to tell you whether you are pressing too hard on your teeth but I could not really figure it out. Instructions say that the audible tone would change. “Tone” only changed for me if I pressed on my teeth and gums to the point of pain. This feature doesn’t concern me too much since I try not to press hard anyway.
Instructions said that initial charge would take up to one full day and would last a week. All of that turned out to be true. I did 14-15 brushing sessions until the low battery light came on. My second full charge also took a whole day. I was intending to keep only the brush on my small vanity counter and the charger elsewhere and charge when needed. It looks like will need to keep the brush on the charger all the time now on my counter since waiting a full day is too long. Charging stand is small so it’s not too bad. Instructions do say to fully discharge every 6 months for battery health.
The toothbrush works great since it has the 30-second time I had been wanting but I give it 4 stars for a design feature I find cumbersome. The Oral-B Pro 1000 has a slender, straight sided handle with the on/off button surrounded by some small ridges in a rubberized area. So with wet hands it is sometimes hard to find the button to turn off the toothbrush when you are done since there is not much height to the button. It wouldn’t be so bad if the brush turned itself off after two minutes but it’s either brush several seconds more until my thumb finds the button or have toothpaste flying all over if you take the brush out of your mouth to visually look for it. The Oral-B battery toothbrush I used previously had a chunkier handle but a nice contoured thumb area where the on/off button sits so it was a no-brainer to find it.
I’m still happy I made this purchase but will need to train myself now how to turn it off more easily. I'm adding photos of the two brushes for comparison

Love my Oral B electric toothbrush! These brushes are great for sensitive gums.I never realized there were so many different brushes to choose from until I bought the wrong ones. Boy did I find out quick that I needed the sensitive gum bristles. I would definitely recommend these for anyone with sensitive gums

I floss twice a day and use an Oral B electric tooth brush. I traveled for a couple of months and had to use a regular (non electric) toothbrush, my gums became sensitive and started to bleed while flossing. I went back to my Oral B toothbrush and gargled with salt water, within 3 days my gums were back to normal and no bleeding while flossing.

I never realized how important and effective an electric toothbrush was until this moment.

I regularly change the toothbrush head every 30 days , I wish the brush would last longer but the bristles start to fray after 30 days.

I now take my electrical toothbrush with me during traveling (even though it’s bulky) , healthy gums and teeth are imperative.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment