Wednesday, July 31, 2019

RockTape, Beige, 2" x 16.4' (5cmx5m)

RockTape, Beige, 2" x 16.4' (5cmx5m)

RockTape, Beige, 2

I've tried several different kinesiology tapes, here are the results of my head-to-head comparisons...

In order of stretchiness:
KT Tape Pro: Super stretchy spandex-type material. Dries super fast. Breathes excellently even in multiple layers.
KT Tape: High-elastic content cotton. Dries reasonably fast. Adequate breathability in multiple layers.
Rocktape H2O: High-elastic content cotton. Dries reasonably fast. Adequate breathability in multiple layers.
Rocktape: Moderate-elastic content cotton. Takes the longest to dry but that's still fast. Not very breathable, can feel slightly stifling in multiple layers.

In order of stickiness:
Rocktape H2O: Can be repositioned, and will stick just as well after repositioning. Sticks to tape well. Can be uncomfortable to remove.
Rocktape: Can be repositioned, but loses some stickiness each time. Edges tend to peel up. Doesn't stick to tape very well. Okay removal.
KT Tape Pro: Can be repositioned, but won't stick for more than a day if you do.
Sticks to tape well. Easily removed.
KT Tape: Cannot be repositioned, edges tend to peel. Sticks to tape adequately well. Seems more painful to remove than others.

In order of longevity:
Rocktape H2O: 3+ days. Stays put until you take it off.
KT Tape Pro: 2-4 days. Once you get it stuck on, it stays. Less peeling than Rocktape.
Rocktape: 2-4 days. Edges tend to peel up on day 2, so you've got to trim it down.
KT Tape: 1 day. Edges and entire parts of strips peel up almost immediately.

In order of support:
Rocktape: Very stable support. Multiple layers offer similar support to a lightly structured brace. Useful for areas where you need a lot of stability like knees and ankles.
Rocktape H2O: Stable support.
Multiple layers offer similar support to a soft compression brace. Useful for areas where you need both stretch and support, better adhesion and superior stretch offers excellent 'massage' for sore muscles.
KT Tape: Moderately stable support. Multiple layers offer similar support to a compression sleeve.
KT Tape Pro: Light to moderate support. Multiple layers offer similar support to a soft compression sleeve. Useful for areas where you need flexibility first, particularly well-suited to wrists and fingers.

This tape, I don't even know where to begin! My seamstress Diane introduced me to this tape to help eliminate back fat from my strapless dress along with that annoying bunch at the underarms. It works and its amazing!!! Every bride needs to know this trick. You take the tape and, making sure that the first end doesn't extend above your dress line, you attach it to your problem area. Then pull the tape downwards and/or out, depending on how you want the skin to smooth. As you pull, press the tape onto your skin and smooth it down. Like a charm! I loved this dress but I was dismayed to see my rear reflection when I first tried it on. Because of that I almost didn't choose it. I read that the proper seamstress can cut the dress in a way to reduce the appearance of back fat, but this tape did that and allowed the dress to be nice and snug, without any weird alterations. I had the tape on for several hours after each fitting and all day/night for my wedding. I never felt it and it didn't rip out my hair when I went to take it off. They should honestly market this tape specifically to the wedding industry and offer it in a variety of skin tones. A large part of me feeling stunning in my dress and totally self confident was because of the way that this tape worked. Thank you seems insufficient.

I am a LMT in Chicago. I use this tape to tape my arm back to my shoulder and to support my shoulder from rounding forward. It is great if you abuse your body or have posture problems because you can literally tape your limbs back on to your body and the pain goes away. It also supports healthy posture so the fascia in your body can restring itself correctly.

This is the best if you need a tape that will stay on for 5 days. Get something less costly if you plan on changing it often. After 5 days, it is still on, but my skin gets itchy so I need to take it off. Tape does not adhere to itself well, so make sure you anchor on the skin, not over another piece of tape. Round the corners to prevent catching on clothing. If you need to remove it, soak it in rubbing alcohol first. I've ripped my skin off by ignoring this vital step.

The videos from Rocktape and KTape are detailed and effective. No need for special training.

I put it to the test. Day one, wore it to work. Day two, went biking and running and then showered afterward. Day three of tape, I was in a wet sauna, hot tub, cold pool, shower, and dry sauna at 180 degrees (yes, KingSpa) and this morning it is still stuck like the day I put it on. It doesn't even smell like chlorine, which is a mystery. Took this pic morning of day 4.

I don't know anything about kinesiology taping, but bought this tape on good recommendation as a blister prevention tape for feet. I was raised on moleskin, but gave it up because there's no reason to use something so thick and felt-like. I moved on to various 1st aid tapes, which work but don't stay on well. Rock Tape is elastic, so it goes on curved and odd-shaped parts of you without wrinkles, and the adhesive is robust.

The last couple of years I've been unable to find trail running shoes that don't rub my heels the wrong way, so I use a lot of this stuff. It's stayed on without any issues through all my training, and I never got a blister, even with shoes that would start hurting in under a mile on naked heels. The adhesive met its match last fall when I hiked the Pemi Loop ... a many-hour celebration of bad trails and bad judgment in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. By the end of the day the tape, which I'd applied to heels prepped with alcohol and tincture of benzoin, had partially disintegrated and partially come off. But it was still doing its job—no blisters! My feet were the only body part that didn't hurt, so even though I found this tape's limits, I credit it with a success.

There are cheaper tapes that are similar. I'm half tempted to try them, but also feel that since I've found something that works, saving a few bucks a season isn't a very compelling reason to experiment. Maybe if I read a stellar review of another tape I'll try it. For now, I'm buying more of this.

I had been using KT Pro Tape and had pretty good results with that. For whatever reason, that brand only lasted a day on my wife's back. Her chiropracter told her to use RockTape and since then, she has had zero issues with the tape coming off early. It's very durable, water resistant and sticks well even under warm and humid conditions. I understand the H2O version lasts even longer under these conditions. It is easy enough to tear or cut with some shears My only gripe is the cost, which seems a bit high given how much product you get.

I hope you found my review helpful and if so, please click the yes button below. Thanks!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • THE WORLDS BEST TAPE : RockTape is the world's best kinesiology tape, helps treat sports / non-sports injuries: Ankle Sprain, Groin Pull, Hamstring Strain, Knee & Back Pain, Shin Splints, Plantar Fasciitis, Runner's Knee, Various Muscle & Joint pain.
  • STRONG ADHESIVE AND BIG STRECTH : RockTape's secret is in our high-grade adhesives and unique fabrics. Unlike other kinesiology tapes, RockTape is designed to stay on longer, move and flex with your skin, and repel moisture.
  • HYPOALLERGENIC - ZINC & LATEX FREE : RockTape is made safe for all skin types including those sensitive to zinc and latex.
  • EASY TO USE : Every roll of RockTape includes a detailed instruction sheet, along with quick links to over 100+ videos on RockTape's YouTube Channel.
  • TRUSTED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS : Over 50,000 medical professionals use and trust RockTape to deliver relief to their patients. Get the same professional grade kinesiology tape direct from Amazon!

Description

RockTape is a premium kinesiology tape (often mispelled as Kenisology Tape or abbreviated as KT ) with a tighter weave, greater elasticity and stronger adhesive than other kinesiology tapes. It stays on longer and provides enhanced support, even under the toughest conditions.Ideal for high performance athletes and those competing in extreme sports. Rock Tape provides the same therapeutic benefits as regular kinesiology tape, but is manufactured with superior materials and advesives versus the competition allowing it to stay on longer and with less irritation. The mechanical lifting effect of kinesiology tape is best observed when tape is used over swollen & bruised areas. Time after time we have seen dramatic changes in inflammation and bruising when kinesiology tape is fanned over the affected area. Often in 1-2 days a bruise is almost completely cleared, & we have seen exciting effects on limb edema following lymphectomies and other procedures that can result in chronic edema and swelling. It is likely that by decompressing the skin & the layers of tissue beneath it, lymphatic ducts can clear fluid more efficiently, resulting in these often-dramatic changes. Rock Tape ideal for high performance athletes & those competing in extreme sports. The biomechanical lifting action of the tape may allow it to enhance oxygen delivery to muscles. This may translate directly into greater endurance and faster recovery.RockTape's taping protocols involves taping entire kinetic chains associated with different movement patterns, which enhances muscle activation for more powerful and efficient movement. Rolls are perfect for sport bags, travel kits & home recovery. Includes poster showing a variety of therapeutic & performance-enhancing applications. *Not clinically proven for all injuries. Our products and website are not intended to replace professional medical advice or treatment. Warranties and remedies are limited to replacement cost.



I'm a believer now. At first I thought Kinesiology Tape was a bunch of malarkey. But now that I have experience its benefits I would not be without it. In fact, while in Scotland with my cousin her knees became so sore she could barely walk. We didn't know how she would complete the trip. So I taped her bad knee up as I had seen my Chiropractor tape me and her pain was reduce. The reduction is pain was enough that she was able to continue the trip and all the walking we were doing. Even she was impressed with how well the Rock Tape worked for her.

I have been using it almost daily for a shoulder issue for which I refuse to have yet one more surgery perform. IMO the rotator cuff surgery did more harm than good. The anchors pulls out of the humerus after first surgery and had to have a second surgery to repair the first one. I have been in much more pain now that before the surgery. Hopefully, my experience was unique. The Rock Tape keeps me functional enough to allow me to keep throwing the ball for my dogs while I explore non-surgical options like PRP injections and dry needling for the pain. Ice and Rock Tape keep me going without the use of pain medications.

I've used a couple different brands and I like Rock Tape the best. It sticks but doesn't stick so much as to nearly rip one's skin off when it is removed. One brand my Chiropractor ordered for me (100 foot roll) sticks so much that it is painful to remove. Not good.

I can't say that the Rock Tape visibly reduces inflammation as some have claimed, but then I don't know how to specifically use it for that purpose. I primarily use it to support my joint/muscle/tendons to reduce pain. Maybe it reduces inflammation and I'm just not aware.

I would recommend this brand without hesitation.

I bought this tape, Spartan tape, and KT tape.
Compared to Spartan tape, Rocktape is about the same. Its sticks for just as long!
Compared to KT tape (the regular pre-cut ones), Spartan stayed on for much longer. I noticed that the KT tape would start to fall off within 24 hour.
I have also showered with both the Rocktape and the Spartan tape and they both stay on pretty well when they get wet!

Use:
For reference, I use this tape for figure skating. I have had stress fractures in my shins in the past, and still have terrible pain due to muscle imbalances. This tape helps relieve my pain! I wear it on and off the ice. I also make sure to stretch out the muscles while on the ice and at home.

Tips:
Make sure that you DO NOT put this tape on hair. Make sure to SHAVE the area before placing it on your skin. Also, make sure you DO NOT have oils or lotion on your skin because the tape will not stick as long. I use different techniques to tape my leg. I do not really follow the booklet on how to tape your shins. I found that it was not as effective as the other ways i have found online.

I hope this helps!

I have arthritis in both knees, and besides being painful, the deterioration of the joints has led to instability and balance issues. I have tried two other popular brands of kinesiology tape, and have been extremely disappointed. Despite using prep spray, I found both brands totally ineffective because they began to peel off after just a couple of hours. One brand did not even last long enough for me to pull on a pair of slacks -- the tape came off onto the pant fabric within minutes after I put the tape on my knees. I tried foregoing any sort of lotion on my legs, despite having dry skin, and even tried swabbing the area with rubbing alcohol before applying the tape. At best I could get 2 to 3 hours before the tape began to peel off. I decided I would try one more brand, because while the tape lasts, it provides much-needed support to my weakened knee joints. RockTape lasted a full 24 hours! I did not try to shower with it on, but instead I applied it (along with prep spray) to my dry skin after I showered. It lasted through two clothing changes and overnight! It had started to peel off slightly by morning, so I removed it, showered, and started again. Yesterday was one of the most productive days I've had in a long time, primarily because the tape allowed me to stand and walk a lot more than I usually can.

I am new to kinesiology tape, so I am speaking from limited experience - about six months. I first started using the tape at a Airosti clinic for a lower back injury. The tape worked well and I have added it to my tennis preparation and weight training to support my shoulder and elbow, as well as a bad knee. Kinesiology Tape is a miracle for us "older" athletes that tend to find two or three new injuries every heavy activity. I added tape to my tennis regimine when I found that my shoulder would get really sore during warmups when I would try to serve with power and that by the time the match started, I would resort to just putting lots of spin on my serve and not risk injury. After taping my shoulder, there is never a second thought about going for aces during the match and I have not had any tenderness or aches the following day.

So being sold on the tape, next I have to start purchasing my own tape as the clinic was no longer providing me tape and free installation! The clinic used rocktape and I found that I could leave it on for up to five days, including two or three showers a day. I purchased the KT tape for my personal use found that it did not last past the tennis match as I would be peeling off the tape as the edges loosened and the tape started coming off. I also found that the KT tape did not stick to itself well. I decided that I would go back to the Rock Tape and found that it works much better in regards to staying in place and maintaining the "stickiness" throughout a heavy workout or tennis in the heat of Houston in the summer. I was not a fan of the billboard tape advertising, but if it works why go to something different. I will try the H2O next time, but for now I will stick with the Rock Tape and recommend this to others as the best of products that I have found.

I use all kinds of KT tape for different things. Have tried lots of different brands, waterproof ones, professional grade ones, etc. The adhesive on ROCK tape seems to last longest for me.

Other than the adhesive issue, all these different brands work great supporting different body parts that have issues. This stuff is like a miracle! There are all kinds of quick videos and illustrations online to help you figure out how to apply it where-- what configuration of tape, how much tension, etc. Plus, you can just experiment and see what feels best. As soon as you apply it, you should notice a difference (more support, less aching, etc). If you don't, try a different configuration! Good luck!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment