Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Amazon Brand - Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels, Huge Roll, 12 Count = 30 Regular Rolls

Amazon Brand - Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels, Huge Roll, 12 Count = 30 Regular Rolls

Amazon Brand - Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels, Huge Roll, 12 Count = 30 Regular Rolls

We (shamefully) go through a lot of paper towels. The cheap ones aren't worth the money so I always look for coupons for Bounty or Viva, large bulk packs. Presto! popped up on my app and I compared prices at different stores for the name brands. I compared length, package content, etc. As much as I love Amazon, I took a chance. I love these towels. They are strong and absorbent. If someone didn't see the packaging they wouldn't know it was a big overpriced store brand. I highly recommend these towels. I put the toilet paper on subscribe and save as well, I will review on Jan. 4th!

The diameter of the hole of these rolls is 40mm. The outer diameter of the roll is 140mm. The halfway point between those is a diameter of 90mm. The average circumference of each layer of paper towel is therefore pi x 90 = 307.44mm. Using a micrometer I have determined that the thickness of a single paper towel is .64mm. Since there are 50mm of thickness on each side of the roll, there must be 78.125 layers of paper towel, i.e. 78 layers with an overlap of .125 of the circumference of an average layer. With an average circumference of 307.44mm, the total length of the towels must be 24018.75mm. The width of each sheet is 6", or 152.4mm. This means there must be 157.6 sheets. Rounding off, 158 is a fair representation of the number of sheets on each roll.

I can therefore confirm that these rolls are, according to my calculations, indeed huge.

They also seem to be strong and absorbent, but I haven't confirmed that mathematically.

I wanted to give these a try because many reviewers compared them to Bounty, which I find to be the best for the kitchen. Presto is wonderful and if I didn't see the label I would think they were Bounty. A great paper towel at a bargain price!

I love all things Amazon, so I was thrilled to hear about their private-label household line, Presto! I am really picky about paper towels and almost exclusively purchase Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, Huge Roll, 12 Count , but I was intrigued to try this out. And I'm pleasantly surprised that it is a really close, high-quality substitute! My favorite feature is the Flex-A-Size, because we usually don't need a whole sheet for household messes (cleaning little faces and hands, wiping up a spill, etc...) It has a subtle design with no logo, which I also really like. I think we'll be making the switch as the price is very comparable, too, at $39.99 for 24 count (12 packs of 2 huge rolls.)

I was a bit skeptical on ordering these, as I am very picky about paper towels. I love the fact they are plain white, as I am not a fan of prints. The quality is great! Thicker than most, so they hold up well. They leave zero lint behind. I have had issues with other paper towels that do not tear along the perforations, these separate from the roll perfectly every time! I will be ordering Presto paper towel from now on!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Up to 75% more absorbent versus leading 1-ply brand
  • Includes 12 Huge Rolls (2 Packs of 6 Huge Rolls) of 158 2-ply sheets per roll
  • 12 Huge Rolls = 30 Regular Rolls (based on a regular roll with 63 sheets)
  • Flex-a-Size lets you suit your towel to your mess
  • Made with pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources
  • Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
  • An Amazon brand

Description

Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels are strong and absorbent, ideal for tough messes. Up to 75% more absorbent versus leading 1-ply brand, each huge roll lasts 2.5X longer than a regular paper towel roll (based on a regular roll with 63 half sheets). Presto! Flex-a-Size Paper Towels are PEFC certified and made with pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources.



I'm not picky with my paper towels. Store brand, especially from a Club store, works fine for me, but I live in an urban area with no Club stores nearby and I have to walk a city block to my car and then go up six floors to my home. I prefer to order from Amazon and make them do that, so that's how I ended up buying these towels.
The towels are good and I'm happy with them. They're very absorbent and strong. They do the job of cleaning up messes. The rolls are large and last me a long time. I have repurchased them and am on my second order. They get five stars for quality.
My one compliant, is I don't think they're a much better value than Bounty, Viva, or Brawny, especially if those brands are on sale and you have a coupon. If you have a club store near you, club brand(member's mark, Kirkland) towels are just as good and cheaper. It bothers me that Amazon creates their own brand but then charges premium pricing for it and makes it hard to decide to take a risk on it. If you don't have the annoying living situation I have, why pay the same, give or take, amount of money for Amazon brand when you could just go to Target or Costco and get the same value for a big name brand that is a little more trusted?

Not really sure what to say. They’re huge rolls of paper towels. They dry hands and clean spills. Good quality, the rolls last forever even with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and an infantryman haha! It’ll take forever to run out, but I’ll definitely buy again.

I have been a bounty user for awhile now. I thought I'd try based on the reviews. It compares equal on all categories next to bounty, including the select-a-size size (its the exact same size) i will be buying these from now on!

I'll admit - I'm sick of bringing home bulky crap from the store. Paper towels, toilet paper, tissue boxes ... all that crap is a pain in the butt to deal with, takes up too much room in my car (thus forcing two trips to the store for my weekly errands), etc. However, until I found Presto paper towels, I wasn't sure I wanted to pay the Amazon premium for branded paper towel delivery. Skeptical, I subscribed to these towels ... and after receiving my first shipment, I'm glad I did! Quality is similar to Bounty or other thicker branded towels, with no issues shredding or disintegration when wet (I have a toddler and we do lots of damp paper towel wipe downs on dirty face and hands). Towel rolls are larger than similar in store generics, so I'm not swapping in a new roll every couple of days. Overall, I'm very pleased!

Strong and good quality paper towels. I love the flex size option. The product was delivered a day sooner than promised. I am very satisfied with the purchase and transaction.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment