Sunday, August 4, 2019

Classic Brands Cool Gel 1.0 Ultimate Gel Memory Foam 14-Inch Mattress with BONUS Pillow, Twin

Classic Brands Cool Gel 1.0 Ultimate Gel Memory Foam 14-Inch Mattress with BONUS Pillow, Twin

Classic Brands Cool Gel 1.0 Ultimate Gel Memory Foam 14-Inch Mattress with BONUS Pillow, Twin

Let me start off with a bit of background. I'm a relatively big guy (6'2" and 285 lbs), and have severe back issues.I had a tumor grow on my spinal cord, inside my spine which crushed my spinal cord resulting in paralysis from the chest down. Surgery removed the tumor and many functions returned. I can walk again (unsteady and not far). The surgery left me with 4 herniated disks and many completely numb areas, especially in the hips. I say this to explain that I have more back pain/issues than most can ever imagine. This mattress was unbelievably helpful. I used to wake up and turn side to side 4 to 6 times an hour. Sleeping flat on my back was impossible. Side sleeping would result in severe deep throbbing in my numb areas. Now I wake only 3 or 4 times a night. After the first night my morning pain level went down a lot and after a couple of weeks I am mostly pain free in the morning.

I have never had any kind of foam mattress before. I have generally slept on traditional inner springs my 60+ years. I didn't know if I could manage the change in feel to a foam mattress. The wife and I went to many mattress stores and tried out the foam mattresses. I found that the spring and firmness was very important for me. I need enough firmness to help me turn over with my weakened lower body. I also found through research that because of my size it was suggested that i needed at least a 10-12" foam mattress with a thicker base core foam to firm up against my weight. This mattress seemed to meet all the suggestions and then some extra so I gave it a shot. I ordered the adjustable base and this mattress.

When it arrived we assembled the base which only took about 30 minutes. Unpacked and unrolled the mattress. Amazing to watch the expansion. There was a very slight odor. Not strong at all and it mostly dissipated in a couple of hours and was gone the next day. I slept on the mattress after about 4 hours. It was very soft and I had trouble moving around. This worried me of course, but I realized that the foam needs a few weeks to stabilize so I would watch it. Over the course of the next day the bed became firmer. Over the next 2 days the bed became VERY firm. Still completely comfortable, but VERY firm. Much firmer than any inner spring I have had, but it retained it's soft feel pressure wise. Again I would wait and see. After 2 weeks the bed began to soften somewhat. Now after a month it has become near perfection for me. I sink in just enough to where I have a little resistance to turning over, but it is almost the same as my old pillow top. It gives great support to my back and body. I no longer wake to numb or tingling arms (I sleep on them under my head). No more sore shoulders or back pain. No more waking with my hips or butt throbbing from the pressure (nerve damage is a nightmare that is hard to explain or understand). I used to have to get up and walk around in the night to get things back in "perspective". That is a thing of the past. I only get up at night now for a bathroom break and right back to sleep.

The first night I slept on the bed I had issues going to sleep. The different feel of a foam mattress seemed to agitate me. Once I fell asleep though it was a sound all night sleep. My first in years. Over the first week I would wake up very stiff and had some issues with soreness. I was trying to sleep in the flat position without the head raised 6 inches or so. Something I have not been able to do for over 20 years.This went away over a few days until I am now relatively pain free (for me anyway). I swear it had to do with my spine realigning from having proper support because I can sleep comfortably flat now though a slight 3 inch head raise makes it seem better.

My wife and I have not slept in the same bed due to my constant tossing, turning and up and down, for many years. She has tried a few nights nights on the mattress to see how it does for her. Her king size is arriving tomorrow. She loved it as well and said she woke up with much less pain and slept sounder on it. OH, the free pillows are great. No numb ear or face tracks (I have to have CPAP as well since my diaphragm is affected also.)

I am subject to night sweats and this mattress seems better than my old mattress. I don't wake up hot and drippy. Warm, yes, but not hot so I believe the cool gel works.

Is this the perfect mattress for everyone? Probably not. Is it a great mattress? I would say yes. If you are a big person and worried about a foam mattress being firm enough to support you I would say go for this. Also, give it some time for the foam to stabilize. It really does take a couple of weeks.. If foam is new to you, wait to adapt to the different feel. It's a big change to your body memory, but it will be worth it in the end.

Enough of my rambling. I just wanted to tell you my experience with this mattress since it has made a huge difference in my life. And no, I don't work for the company of even know anybody who does. I will update this if something changes.

Comfortable and supportive mattress, but didn't actually come with the 2 free pillows.

Edit: I'm an idiot. For almost 3 weeks we were sleeping on the pillows. They were UNDER the mattress the entire time and we were wondering why it seemed bowed in the middle. Just found them. The mattress is much more comfortable now lol.

Okay, so when I was debating on whether or not to buy this mattress, I read all these reviews and I promised myself that I would attempt to write the very best review that actually described the firm/soft situation with this mattress. It appears that there is no central reference point for firm and soft and everyone has his or her own opinion about what's firm and what's soft. So, in my review, I will put what I think is firm and soft before I describe the mattress. I think of FIRM as rock hard -- like nearly board-like or a little softer. It gives when you sit down, but kind of snaps back. People seem to think these are good for bad backs, but I have no idea how this is true. When I sleep on a super firm bed, my back wants to die the next morning. Anyway -- soft, to me, is laying down on something and it giving a lot -- I recently read a review of a hotel I stayed at where I loved the mattresses, but everyone was complaining that they were too soft. I didn't think so. So, I think I have a preference toward the soft. An in-between, I think, is one of those mattresses that you lie down on and they give at the top, but hold you kind of firm -- and I am referring to innerspring mattresses -- so keep that in mind.

NOW -- as for this mattress, which is a memory foam mattress -- I absolutely love it and I think that it is a gift from the universe. It kind of circumvents the firm-soft argument, because is just different. I have slept on different types of memory foam mattresses in the past -- some that were actually pretty hard, but that conformed so well to the body that they were super comfortable. This mattress feels soft when you first lie down on it. You can press in and you're like -- dang, that's soft, wtf. And you do sink into it at the hips a few inches laying on your side. Back, too, but the beautiful thing is that the mattress conforms to your body and then holds you, suspended, in a more firm layer right below the very soft top. I was going to go with a memory foam mattress from a leading discount furniture store, but it was $1,400 -- this was MUUUUUCH more inexpensive, so I decided to gamble on it -- and I won. I can't tell you if you will win, but it does feel like it's quality, and it feels better than those other mattresses in a box that are latex and kind of too firm. This feels like a high-end memory foam mattress. It's probably like an Aldi-type version of a Tempur-Pedic and other people have said that in the comments. I wouldn't say its quite as nice, but it's in that type of family.

The edge is fine -- I'm a big person and can sit on it and sleep right up to the edge and it's fine. It's not too hot -- I'm a hot sleeper, and I haven't noticed any difference -- being more hot or anything. What I have noticed is that I haven't laid in a bed more than 7 hours and woke up without my lower back muscles screaming in a decade. There are some good reviews from mattress outlets on YouTube, and they also helped make the decision. I love it. and I feel great about saving a thousand dollars!

Ok I have had this mattress now for almost 2 weeks. I have waited to do a review so that I could be as honest and fair as possible. Lets start with the shipping....

The mattress was delivered in shrink wrap only. After going through many sorting facilities and different trucks on its way to its destination, it arrived with a tear and a hole and several stains. The shrink wrap had been torn and ripped in several places leaving the mattress exposed. It also has red marker on it where someone at one of the sorting facilities wrote on the packaging but because the shrink wrap was torn the red marker got onto the mattress. I'm not very happy with how the product was packaged. It was not very well protected at all.

Ok moving on to the quality/satisfaction of the bed. When you first unpackage the mattress it is really soft, almost too soft. Over the first 3 days it gradually increased in firmness becoming so firm that it was uncomfortable. Well I am now on night 11 and I must say it has broken in quite well. It is on the firmer side but that is precisely why I ordered this one. I have lower back problems and I sleep great on this mattress. And it truly is fourteen inches. The pillows that were included with the mattress are a solid 4 out of 5 stars. They started out kind of hard but have also broken in nicely. They are just a little too thin for my liking, but still really nice.

Overall I am very satisfied with the bed and would recommend it to anyone that likes a semi firm memory foam mattress. 5 stars for the product, especially at such a great price. Just wish it wouldn't have came stained and torn. 1 star for the packaging. Decided to rate it 4 stars because we were very disappointed that it came in the state it was in. If it was packaged correctly and arrived in great condition it would definitely have gotten 5 stars from us.
Adding pictures next. If you buy this bed... you will not be disappointed. It IS all it's hyped up to be.

For the first time in many months, I did not wake up with screaming sciatica pain! First of all, this mattress is solid, it is not a fluffy piece of junk. The top layer is a medium firmness and there is enough of it to cradle my curves. Underneath that, I feel a firmness that holds my spine straight without torturing my hips. The impressions pop up immediately when you turn. No stuck in the mattress feeling. The edges are soft, but if I sit farther back, I'm fine. I am a heavy side sleeper. I woke up only once last night. I had been waking up every 1-2 hours prior to getting this mattress. This mattress replaced a $1200, 4 month old, well advertised dreamy mattress "great for all types of sleepers". Do not even bother with all of the mattress reviews. They are paid for referrals to the companies they rave about. Secondly, they are young and healthy...they'd probably sleep great on the floor. I'm 62, have had 3 back surgeries in the last year and am needing a hip replacement. So, I understand pain and the need for a comfortable, yet supportive, mattress.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Premium pressure-relieving memory foam and high-density aerated cool gel memory foam are combined together to provide the essential support and comfort for a deeper night's sleep
  • 39" W x 75" L x 14" H
  • Beautifully tailored and detailed with a stretch knit fabric cover with waterfall edge and matching knit side panels
  • Gel infused ventilated memory foam creates a plush and comfortable sleeping surface for a more restful night's sleep; high-density base foam relieves pressure points and conforms to your body, and provides unparalleled support during the night
  • High-quality memory foam conforms to your body while the cool gel regulates temperature; memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites and meets CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability
  • Medium-Plush Feel with Firm Support and Adjustable Base Friendly; 10 Year Warranty
  • BONUS Shredded Memory Foam Standard Pillow FREE

Description

Experience cloud-like luxury with Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate Gel Memory Foam 14- Inch Mattress. The newest generation of memory foam and gel technology, this mattress offers a plusher and incredibly comfortable sleeping surface. Beautifully tailored and detailed with a corded waterfall edge knit cover and contrasting border. Get a more restful night's sleep on this mattress knowing that it is made of the highest quality materials without worrying about the price. Plus, mattress includes a bonus shredded memory foam pillow with plush down-like feel with twin, twin extra long, and full or two bonus pillows with queen, king, or california king sizes.

The Classic Brands 14-inch profile Ultimate Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress is designed for comfort and support. Starting with a 2-inch top layer, which consists of breathable ventilated Cool Gel memory foam that conforms to your shape and has a faster recovery factor than conventional memory foam. A second layer of 2-inch memory foam works with the 2-inch comfort foam support layer providing you with the ultimate sleeping experience. The 8-inch base layer maintains the strength and effectiveness of the layers. The layers work together to bring you the relaxation you crave and the ultimate sleeping experience, while lessening motion transfer.

Benefits of Gel Memory Foam
A gel memory foam mattress can support each part of the body evenly and individually. Gel Memory foam slowly and automatically adjusts to your body weight and temperature. In addition to the slow, conforming response, gel memory foam offers complete, luxurious and stress-free support. Additionally, when you do move in bed, memory foam gently 'fills in' and reshapes itself to your new sleeping posture, cradling every contour of your body.

The Latest Gel Memory Foam Technology
Gel Memory Foam is a unique material that infuses gel particles into visco-elastic memory foam, creating a plusher and cooler sleeping material. Gel memory foam is more porous or open than conventional foam meaning the cells are interconnected unlike closed cell foam; thereby is more breathable and comfortable than higher density visco-elastic foam. The open-celled physical structure of our foams is self-ventilating. Air travels throughout the material and dissipates body heat regulating your body temperature. Gel Memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria and dust mites.

Why Buy a Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress?
Cool Gel mattresses with gel infused memory foam disperse body heat and create a cooler sleeping surface while retaining the pressure-relieving properties of traditional memory foam. Tossing and turning are dramatically diminished and disrupted sleep patterns are greatly eliminated so you can sleep longer without moving and enjoy the benefits of a deeper, more restful sleep pattern.

Adjustable Base Friendly
Classic Brands 14-Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress is adjustable base friendly, which means it is the best choice to be paired up with an adjustable base instead of a traditional bed frame for added lifestyle and health benefits. The mattress is flexible and durable enough that it will maintain the support and integrity even after bending with the adjustable base.

CertiPUR-US Certified
Classic Brands gel memory foam mattresses are CertiPUR-US Certified. The CertiPUR-US program is a voluntary testing, analysis and certification program for flexible polyurethane foam used as a cushioning material in home furnishings such as adult mattresses, crib mattresses, upholstered furniture and some accessory comfort products. Certified flexible polyurethane foams have been independently laboratory tested.

Get it Right the First Time
It is also a good idea to know the size and the height of your mattress ahead of time to make sure you are ordering the correct size. Keep in mind that you should combine the height of your bed frame, foundation, or adjustable bed base with the height of your mattress to get a gauge of the how tall your sleep system will be.

Twin Size - 39"" W x 75"" L x 14"" H
Twin XL Size - 39"" W x 80"" L x 14"" H
Full Size - 54"" W x 75"" L x 14"" H
Queen Size – 60"" W x 80"" L x 14"" H
King Size – 76"" W x 80"" L x 14"" H
California King Size – 72"" W x 84"" L x 14"" H

Classic Brands Smart Packaging
Classic Brands also uses Smart Packaging. Smart packaging reduces the carbon footprint in the manufacturers shipping process. Our advanced packaging technology means we can roll-pack our mattresses and ship them at one-third of the normal size. Because of this process, we can ship more mattresses per delivery and reduce the amount of carbon emissions. A mattress that is roll-packed still retains its initial quality, as each will quickly recover and return to its original shape after being removed from its packaging.

Quality Assurance
The Classic Brands 14-Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress is backed with a 10-year worry-free warranty.

Look for more innovative specialty sleep products from Classic Brands.



I purchased this because my wife was having back issues and I had a sore shoulder every morning. She likes a soft mattress while I like a firm one. I went with this one because it was advertised as "Plush" and she would appreciate it.

The mattress arrived quickly and the packaging was pretty intact. It weighed a lot. I carried it myself but would recommend getting help if possible. I set it up on a new Zinus 14" platform. After unrolling, it expanded to 14 inches quick readily. We slept on it the first night.

The first night, it was very soft. I found I was ok with it though. It was soft, but supportive enough. I've been tracking my sleep for months and my sleep improved right away. I also woke up to a, much less, sore shoulder. My wife reported less back pain the first day also. The next few days we improved more, and by the end of the week, had no more soreness upon waking in the morning.

The bed did get firmer over the first 5 days. At one point, I thought it was going to be too firm but we still sunk in enough and had proper support. Memory foam mattresses are different in their feel than coils.

I also noticed it was a bit warmer sleeping than our old mattress. it was not horrible, but it was warmer. I purchased some very nice cotton sheets and that took care of it.

The pillows are also nice. I have been using down pillows, and love them, but decided to try the gel foam pillow. To my surprise, I really enjoyed it. I'm not yet willing to throw my down pillows away, but I have not used them since I got the foam pillows.

Pros:
Cooler than some foam mattresses
Soft yet firm. Always good feeling support for two people that prefer different levels of support.
Reduced pressure on sore areas
Affordable
Easy to set up
Removable cover
Appears to be durable

Cons:
Slightly warm sleeping

Purchased this bed to replace an old worn out innerspring Simmons beauty rest mattress. This mattress is compressed,vacuum sealed, wrapped in plastic and in a cardboard box. I am not sure how the UPS guy got it off the truck but it took everything i had to get it up 2 flights of stairs. Prior to purchasing this mattress I looked at several competitors and more expensive mattresses. The more research I did the more confused I came. Latex, memory foam, innerspring, Pocket spring?

I decided to get a memory foam, but wait, I then read that memory foam gets hot and you sink into it. My wife is a Hot sleeper and I am a bigger guy 6'2 and 260 lbs. Back to square 1, back to being lost with no idea on what to buy. I can overhaul an engine, but cant figure out what mattress is best for me.

Eventually my deciding factors where Price, I could purchase this mattress for less than half of the others I was looking at. Quality, several layers of foam at the recommended densities. Cooling gel layer, Gimmick? will it work? no idea at the time but figured I would have to bite the bullet and find out for myself.

My observations. I have been sleeping on this mattress for a month now.
I no longer wake up sweaty and throw the sheets off.
I am a bigger guy and don't feel that I sink into the mattress like its quick sand.
My wife is a side sleeper but I caught her sleeping on her back snoring away on this new mattress.
I no longer wake up at 3 Am and stare at the clock on the wall wondering why my back hurts.
I no longer go to sleep feeling fine and waking up with back pain.
I don't really care for the free pillows, they are nice, just to poofy for me.
I slept at a brand new hotel with new king size bed, and felt my classic brands mattress at home was better.

Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate Gel Memory Cal King Bed is a phenomenal purchase. This was an odd order experience as I was tracking it like a hawk ending in a "ready for pickup" cue from a Post Office in another state. That aside, I did not pick it up. Amazon sent another in its stead to my door step thankfully. This comes in a large box. When I say large I mean tall. It weighed approximately 180 pounds. I had to move it in and up my stairs. Not bad for a mid-age 165 lb. man. I highly suggest to work as a team with someone else though. The contents inside have a heavy clear plastic wrap/thick outer clear layer of plastic with instructions laid underneath clearly defining the opening of the mattress. Think "giant cannoli" and that sums up the look of this machine rolled wonder of a package. The 2 included pillows are not much to bark about as I would use them back support or a throw of some sort. They were rolled on the inside of the package. The outer layer of the mattress is not elegant but it is well made. Put a sheet cover on and forget about it. Some people let this rise back to its normal size for 24-72 hours but that is not necessary. That is a statement by the manufacturer saying this item will reach its full potential within that time. It however did so in 3 hours flat. 14 inch is what I observed and I will add photos soon. The smell that some people talked about was minor at best. I turned on the fan while letting the mattress regain its shape and no traces or hints of it were left as I put top sheet on. This Cal King is big and it fully filled out my bed frame which the Sealy I had previously left minor gaps. Good on Classic Brands. There was a weird very hard to notice green stain on the side of the bed I noticed but it was very faint. Not to worried but definitely look your bed over and document before moving forward with sleeping on it. The bed is firm. A lot more firm than I anticipated. That being said it is still very comfortable.

More to follow (Pictures and Checkin over time). Hope this helps. I think it was great bargain and upgrade for my body and sleep.

There are reviews here for both the Classic Brands 11" and 14". This is for the 14" Cool Gel. For years we slept on a traditional inner spring mattress with memory foam topper for comfort. I found that the memory foam traps heat. So while the topper made the mattress more comfortable, the heat was unbearable. We bought a Sealy memory foam mattress for our guest bedroom. I found it more comfortable than the old inner spring, but a bit too firm and too hot. The Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate 14" Plush was the answer. As plush as an inner spring pillow top, but without the eventually troublesome springs that soon cause lumpy mattress syndrome. And, the cool gel works - keeping the mattress from overheating. I e-mailed Classic Brands before the purchase, asking them about foam density. I had read to avoid the low density memory foams as they don't hold up well. Classic responded quickly that they use 2" of 4 lb cool gel memory foam on top on 2" of 4 lb memory foam. The article I read recommended 4 lb foam and that sealed the deal for me. The mattress was made in China and Amazon estimated 1-3 months for delivery. We got it in 3 weeks. When I saw the box sitting on my patio where the delivery man left it, I was horrified. The box was badly damaged and the plastic inner cover was ripped open. These things are tightly compacted and rolled for shipping and once unwrapped expand from a few inches thick to the full 14". Since the inner wrapper was torn, one end of the bed had already begun to expand. With one end still compressed, this thing looked like a giant mushroom. I contacted Classic and they said to inspect the cover and the foam for damage. If the foam was not damaged, we could keep the mattress and they would send a new cover if needed, or we could exchange it for a new one. The cover was smudged and the foam seemed undamaged, so we unwrapped it. Soon, the mattress had expanded to it's full 14". We put it in the living room, under the windows for a day to expand. The chemical/foam smell was strong but dissipated after a day or so. Then we moved it to our bedroom and were able to clean the smudges from the cover. Despite the horrible package/shipping, the bed seemed in good condition. But the best part is sleeping on it. It's the perfect combination of firm-enough support and plush, soft comfort. And the cool gel really does work.. For the first time in a long time, I didn't wake up in the middle of the night overheated. When morning came, I got out of bed without the accustomed aches and pains. And my wife loved it as well from the first night sleeping on it. It comes with 2 cool gel memory foam pillows, which are quite firm compared to the old feather pillows I was used too. By putting an old feather pillow on top of the foam pillow, I got the perfect combination of firm support and plush comfort - just like the mattress, with no overheating. Very impressed with the responsiveness/communication from Classic Brands.

Last year I bought one for my daughter(older model). We were thoroughly impressed with its level of quality, support and comfort. So much so that when the wife and I decided to replace our mattress we did not hesitate to try this newer 2018 model..and I am so glad we did. Never slept better. My morning aches and pains are almost gone within the first few nights. Mattress stays nice a cool and is fantastic for side sleepers. Sets up very quickly. My daughters older version decompressed out of the box in just a few hours. My new 2018 version decompressed in just a few minutes. Don't forget..the 2 pillows are underneath. Our sheets fit perfectly and stayed on night after night. No issues there. Everything was clean and packaging was nice with no odor as I have read in others reviews. Im a 250 lb guy and prefer a more firm bed and was a bit worried about how my body was going to adjust to the initial plush feel of this newer 2018 model. But I was amazed to feel the amount of support this bed delivers. The price is absolutely phenomenal compared to over hyped name brand memory foam mattresses sold at our area retail stores and would not hesitate to compare this one to some of the best out there. I am now convinced that those mattresses sold are a complete rip off and grossly overpriced. Im not saying this one is better than those sold at $4000 to $7000 but they are definitely not $5000 worth better. I see much, MUCH more value in this at $500. If you are the fence about getting one of these...get it...you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend it and so does my family.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment