Sunday, August 4, 2019

Mirari OK to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light

Mirari OK to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light

Mirari OK to Wake!  Alarm Clock & Night-Light

Works great. The kids understood not to wake mom up until the green light went on. They found ways to entertain themselves until the light came on.

This little alarm clock is a great investment to corral your kids into staying in their bed until a certain time in the morning. Little bastards learn to obey the light god!

My son just turned 3 and we introduced the OK to Wake clock simultaneously at both my house and his dad's house. He loves it! He immediately took to it and we had a drastic reduction in him calling for me in the middle of the night and waking up too early in the morning. We went from every night one of the two was happening to now maybe once a week this past month -- when he actually has an issue he needs addressed. I used to always go in saying, "it's still nighttime." (Identifying nighttime is extra confusing for him since we live in Alaska and sun-up varies widely throughout the year from 10:30am around Christmas to the sky always being light in the middle of summer.) Now he knows on his own! I'll hear him when he wakes up in the morning because he yells, "Mama! It's green! It's wake-up time!" So cute. It has also been awesome for nap time since he doesn't always sleep (sometimes it's just quiet resting time in the dark). I highly recommend this. I realize it won't work so well for every child but if your child has issues with getting up in the night or too early in the morning, it is so worth trying in case it does.

Was this review helpful for you? If so, please click the "Yes" button below. If not, feel free to let me know why and I'll do my best to improve it. :)

This product has saved my life. My daughter (22 months) has been a terrible sleeper since birth. First I could never put her down (so I slept sitting up), then when I finally got her in a crib, she would wake up multiple times a night. Even when she started sleeping more steadily, she would wake up at 4AM. Everyday. Sometimes earlier. And she wouldn't just wake up and chill by herself - she would immediately start crying, wanting me to come get her. I would cry out of exhaustion. I looked up ideas online to get her to stay in her crib for longer, and I found this! Thank GOD. I'm not even joking, it took her about a week to understand what the light meant, and now she stays asleep until 5:30, when I have the light set for. She usually wakes up earlier than that, but I watch her on the monitor, and she just peeks over at the clock, sees its not lit, and lies back down again. And when it does light up, she just stands there, calmly waiting for me to come get her. AMAZING. This is literally groundbreaking for us. I figured someone else might be able to relate to my story, and invest in this amazing product too. You won't be sorry.

This worked great for our 20 month old, who had started waking up super early once we eliminated her early morning nurse. Often she'd wake up as early as 5:30am (when she used to nurse), and while we'd go in to comfort her and tell her it was still time for sleep, she'd fight falling back asleep, and we'd finally get her up around 6. Once we got this clock, we integrated it into our routine by setting the initial "ok to wake" time at 6am at first, then making a big deal about the green light when we finally went in to get her up. "Yay, green light, time to get out of bed!" stuff like that, so she'd make the association between the green light and getting out of bed. Eventually, we'd hear her wake up, but she'd chat to herself quietly until 6, then call for us when the light went on. Once that happened, we knew she understood the clock, and we gradually started pushing the "ok to wake" time later by 10-15 minutes every week or so. At some point, we realized that she was quietly waiting long enough that she'd fall back asleep, and wouldn't wake up til 7 or later, even though the light would go on earlier (it's not bright enough to wake her if she's asleep when it turns on). Once we pushed the "ok to wake" time all the way back to 7, we chose to leave it there since that seemed to work well for our family's schedule. Sometimes she calls us right at 7, other times she sleeps til 7:30 or later. Either way, she rests and we get to sleep til 7am, which makes for a much happier family. I forgot to take it on a trip recently and she started calling us earlier and earlier, so I know the clock really does make a difference, and plan to take it with us from now on. Hooray for this clock, and hope it works for you!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • OK to Wake, color changing night-light timer teaches children to stay in bed longer in the morning so parents get more sleep
  • Customizable: Parents set the "OK to Wake", time and brightness. Ages 3-5 - Teach me when it's "OK to Wake!". Ages 5+ - Teach me to use an Alarm Clock!
  • Separate "Nap Timer" allows for afternoon napping without disrupting usual alarm and night-light settings
  • Alarm clock with snooze function allows older kids to get up "on their own"
  • Fun "toe" buttons designed for kids invoke funny facial animations on the LCD.Runs for approximately 3 months under normal operating conditions

Description

This bedside alarm clock features fun animations that give it personality! The convenient nap timer and dual night light that glows green to tell children it’s OK to get out of bed make this alarm clock a must-have for families with young children! Includes two fun, interchangeable faceplates: pink flower and green bug. USB cord with battery backup (4 AA, not included). Wall adaper not included. Approximately 4.5".



We have one of these clocks for each of our children and I really love them. They're easy to set up, easy to use, and the kids took to them really quickly. The light is a soft glow, and there are options to have a little night light on for 30 minutes or so (auto-shut off). The screen is not illuminated which is something I like. We tried another clock that had an illuminated screen which we found too dark, even at its lowest level. I returned that and bought another one of these.

The reason I tried another clock was because I wanted a clock that had a light in between the on and off. My daughter sometimes misses her light altogether, so she wakes up and waits for the light to come on (but it's already been on and off). So the next morning, she wakes up early and gets out of bed because she thinks she missed the light again. The clock I tried with the always-illuminated face had an in-between light (a yellow - "ok to get up and play quietly" and then a green - "ok to get up ") which was great, but that lcd face was not. So I went back to what worked.

I'd recommend it for sure!

This has officially helped my 3 year old be able to stay in bed until the "clock turns green" and the sun comes up. It has also been great because when the light turns green it doesn't make noise so if my son is still sleeping it wont wake him up when it hits 6am. I would recommend this product for 3 and older. I got this for my son when he was 2.5 years and he wasn't quite ready because he would come into my room whenever he wanted and make me sit in his room with him until the clock turned green... lol.... now that he is 3 he totally gets it and gets so excited to go to sleep to see the green light when he wakes up.

Omg! This thing works wonders! Ever have those nights where your toddler keeps waking up and coming in your room to wake you up just so you can walk them back to their bed and say “it’s not time yet go back to sleep”. Well this clock lets them know when it’s time. Not an alarm clock! We still want them to sleep if they can lol. The whole clock turns green when it’s ok to go in Mom and Pops room.

Charlie would wake us up two to three times a night. One night out of a week he’d sleep all the way through. A friend showed us this and Boom! First night he slept all the way through. Second night, was perfect! I woke up before him and went to the gym. Got back at 7:15. His clock is set for 7:00am he heard me come in so was slowly waking up. I ran to his door to listen. He starts whispering to himself “ok I’m awake, is it green? It’s GREEN! I’m going to go tell pops...”

It’s now night 5 and all five nights he stayed in bed. 💚💚💚

I bought this for my 2 year old son a few months ago because he kept waking up at 6am or earlier and needed to try something new to encourage him to wake later, as nothing else was working. This has been amazing! He almost instantly responded to it. We really built it up as this exciting thing and he really bought in too it. We set it for 7am and even if he wakes earlier he won't bug us to come get him until the wake up light goes on, its really fantastic! He also gets really excited when the wake up green light goes on. He loves, we love, I recommend it to all the tired parents. I think the trick it to really sell it as the most exciting thing ever.

I wish I could give this thing 10 stars.
My toddler was having this problem where she would get up at 6am...OR SOONER. For no reason. We tried adjusting bedtime, gave her lavender shampoo and lavender lotion, we cuddled her up in warm jammies, let her pick special blankets to sleep with...we even gave her melatonin, everyone. I'm not even ashamed. I was at the end of my rope and exhausted. Nobody needs to start their day with a toddler screaming at them before the sun is even up.
So we gave her this alarm. If the light is green, you can call out to mom, you can open your door, you can start playing with toys, you can do whatever. If the light is dark, you go back to sleep. No matter what. If you hear us in the kitchen, but the light is dark, go back to sleep. If you see the sun trying to rise on the other side of your blinds, but the light is dark, go back to sleep.
Literally overnight, she got it. I am sleeping until 7. And the nap function is AMAZING. It stays on for 30 minutes after the "alarm" is set (you might be able to adjust that setting, I didn't need to), so if she slept a little late, she would still see it lit up green when it was time to get up. The only trouble I had is if she slept for 31 minutes longer than nap time, she wouldn't see the light, and she'd GO BACK TO SLEEP. I'm not joking, I tricked her into a 3 hour nap one day.
This alarm clock is magic, I want everyone to know the joy of waking up before their 2 year old, this purchase is my favorite ever.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment