Sunday, September 1, 2019

Brita Small 5 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, BPA Free – Metro, Red

Brita Small 5 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, BPA Free – Metro, Red

Brita Small 5 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, BPA Free – Metro, Red

First, read the directions when you put this pitcher into service.

I had an old Brita and wanted to update it. I don't know how old my unit was and felt I should get a BPA free unit. This newer model looks nicer than the old boxy white unit.
There were some negative reviews that I want to address so as to not scare off other purchasers.
The filter does not fit? The filter needs to be oriented a specific way or the water will flow in without filtering. My filter fit perfectly. You also need to run cold water through the filter (according to the instructions) before you put it into use.
You need to wash the pitcher before using it. I could not get the fill insert out of the clear plastic base until I ran some soapy water through all of it and the insert slipped out nicely.
The water does not empty out from the fill area to the bottom container? Not in my case. Took about 30 seconds. What I did notice was, the fill area only holds enough water to fill half the bottom container. So, I filled the top a second time and all the water filled the bottom perfectly.
In summary, this pitcher looks nice enough for the table and is smaller in the refrigerator.

I bought this to replace my old Brita that cracked after three years. I like that it doesn’t take up much room in the refrigerator like most standard sized models. This unit is good for one or two people, but if you have a family I would recommend upsizing.
Also, this is a real deal Brita. It arrived in a Brita shipping box and was packaged accordingly. See photos.

Long time Brita user and switched to 5 cup pitcher to check out whether it fits our usage. Looks like it does! It is not super heavy like the 10 cup one and this is just the right size. Only exception is when we have guests. You can't serve many people from this, you will need to refill and wait for the filtering to complete. Also, I wish it had an opening flap kind of opening instead of removing the lid every single time to refill.

Purchased this to leave in the refrigerator at my job - it's the perfect size for a workdays worth of water and the slim design means it doesn't take up much room, leaving plenty of space for lunches. The fountain water is not trustworthy but I am comfortable knowing that my Brita filter is working to remove any harm before I drink it. I can taste a difference and that gives me some peace of mind. Love the Turquoise color - not too green or blue, not bright - just a nice color. (Hey, some people are picky about colors.) The handle is comfortable when lifting the full pitcher. Refilling is a breeze as the lid comes off / on easily; replacing the filter is quick & painless too. I have recommended this to others. For the price you can't go wrong.

This pitcher is perfectly sized for my needs, and best of all it is short enough to fit under the sink tap, as well as in my slightly smaller than average refrigerator. I have a dual-basin sink, and my previous pitcher was too tall to fit under the faucet (on the "ledge" between the two basins). I didn't have any trouble with the lid once I made sure that the filter was seated correctly. I would have preferred the red color, but I wasn't about to spend $3 more just for differently colored plastic. I also liked the fact it came with one of the advanced/expert/ultimate/platinum/omega/whatever-it's-called higher-quality filters.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • SMALL WATER PITCHER: This small, plastic water filtration pitcher is easy to pour and refill. The space efficient pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves and is great for families. Height 9.8"; Width 4.45"; Length/Depth 9.37"; Weight 1.39 pounds
  • CLEANER AND GREAT TASTING: The BPA free Brita filter reduces chlorine (taste and odor), copper, mercury, zinc and cadmium impurities found in tap water for cleaner great tasting water. *Substances reduced may not be in all users' water
  • FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: For optimum performance, a helpful status indicator on your filtered water pitcher notifies you when your water filter needs to be replaced
  • REDUCE WASTE & SAVE: One Brita water filter can replace 300 standard 16 oz. water bottles which saves you money and reduces plastic waste
  • REPLACEMENTS: Change Brita standard filters every 40 gallons, about 2 months for the average household for optimal performance - that's 2.5x longer than Zerowater filters

Description

Drink healthier, great tasting tap water with this BPA free Brita 5 cup water pitcher. With the Advanced filter technology, Brita cuts the taste and odor of chlorine to deliver great tasting water, and is certified to reduce copper, cadmium and mercury impurities, which can adversely affect your health over time. This Brita water pitcher is ergonomically design with a flip top lid that makes refilling a breeze and an electronic filter indicator that lets you know when it is time to change the Brita replacement filter. The small pitcher comes with 1 water filter, which should be changed every 40 gallons or about 2 months for best results. Start drinking healthier, great tasting water with Brita today.



Very sleek design, the perfect size for our small fridge. Most importantly, it transformed our cloudly NYC water to not just drinkable but actually really great tasting water. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the lid is annoying to snap back on and off, to the point where refilling it sometimes feels like an effort. But I'd still buy it again!

I had several Brita's many years ago.
After 4-5 months of use with this model, I have replaced the filter once (and the filters were not all that expensive in a 3 pack). The slim fit is perfect for a cramped kitchen/fridge. I tried regular tap water the other day and wow, it tasted pretty weird now that I am used to this. I'm sure there are even better brands out there, but this was a good price, reasonably attractive, and doesn't have some of the other Brita models' "spilling while refilling" problems. I'm not sure how accurate the "when to change the filter" led light system is, but one can judge by taste as well.
The water. as expected, tastes a little "sweeter" than tap water. Filter replacement costs not being ridiculous, make this a sustainable system for long-term use. BPA free is definitely a plus!

Firstly, I like this green water pitcher because this changes my life style. I purchase this water pitcher to improve the water taste and quality. The main reason I refuse to drink plain tap water is that the tap water tasting bad. We have very hard water and I think the city uses a lot of lime in processing the water, so filtering the water to drink it necessary. So that, I usually buy bottle water before I choose this pitcher. This pitcher saves me a lot of effort than buying bottle water every week. Not only drinking bottle water is expensive but also generates a bunch of plastic trash. It is a good movement to do something better for the environment protection.
The Birta water pitcher is made by plastic which is very light and easy to carry on. After that, the size of the Birta water pitcher is suiting for people living alone or a couple. The shape is thin and taking minimal place in the table or refrigerator. What’s more, one of Brita pitcher’s advantage is convenient. This pitcher has a little indicator which can tell people the percentage of the filter’s duration. Birta also comes with digital lights that indicate when the filter should be replaced. The sensors work by measuring each pour. After you are closing the lid, the light will flash green when the filter is still good. People will have an intuitive feeling for looking these number and lights. To be honest, I like the Birta because it provides a better service. They send me an email after I bought this pitcher and asked me to comment on their product.
I really like this product except the speed of filtering. On the one hand, the pitcher needs about 4 minutes to filter through to get about one liter of water. And I need to spend 6 minutes to fill the whole water pitcher up. On the other hand, it is inconvenient to fill the pitcher because of the lid is not attached with hinge. Every time I fill the water, I need to remove the lid and set aside. Cleaning is also a problem when I use this pitcher. Every few weeks, I try to clean the bottle from every angle, but I find that is difficult to completely disassemble this pitcher.
Overall, I like Birta water pitcher and this is a nice product with good looking and convenient function. And this little thing really changes my life style.

My water sink has these chemicals/taste: chlorine, fluoride, whatever you want to call it. It just has a distinct taste. Its drinkable ; but its not the best.

The first day i used this to filter the water, it was night and day. It was crystal clear. The water was already clear ; this just made it pristine. It made me want to drink more water. It was refreshing ; especially out of the fridge. This thing is a miracle worker: if you think your water at home out of the sink is fine, i would dare you to try this for a few days. Its like magic.

Im thinking of buying a larger pitcher version ; this 5 cups is good enough, fills a couple of water bottles here and there. Those bottles last half a day, and after refilling the pitcher im good to go for the rest of the day, even into the next morning.

I cant say how fast this filters to be honest ; it says 15 mins? I leave it in for an hour just to be sure. Every time i fill it and leave it in the fridge for an hour, its just refreshing clear water.

This was definitely a good purchase after being skeptical about all this "Water filter" bologna: its just water, why filter it? This thing turned me around.

Soooo I was worried purchasing this water filter pitcher was a mistake because, I could smell chlorine so bad that I was worried about my health. I followed the directions and I just thought that the tap water here is so bad that this filter is no match. Before I called the water company and emailed Brit’s for advice, I thought I would dump out the water for the 5th time and give it one more shot. Well, apparently The filter has a ridge that fits in a groove in the pitcher and I just needed to press it in pretty firmly and it created a seal. Which means I was drinking unfiltered tap water! This works great and I am so happy with my purchase.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment