Saturday, September 21, 2019

Kenney Beckett 5/8" Standard Decorative Window Curtain Rod, 28-48", Black

Kenney Beckett 5/8" Standard Decorative Window Curtain Rod, 28-48", Black

Kenney Beckett 5/8

I was impressed with the quality and the appearance. The finish rivals any of the high end Chandeliers when i was in that line of work. As usual though,design limitations are the breakfast crossword puzzles that engineers enjoy but never really finish. The tippy top mounting screw holes are within an 1/4" of the knee portion of the brackets. This is not a major factor if you are using an appropriate screw driver say; A #1 Phillips Head Screw Driver with a 4" shank. They send lots of screws and plastic molly anchors so when you ruin a screw,you do not have to rob the odds and end drawers. Instead you get to add more screws to that prized collection. The rods are more than study enough to carry the 36" span that i needed and the top quality Black Out curtains are indeed well hung. For price,quality and gorgeous looks especially on the finial ends,these are the ones to get. Operative word here is;Value.

I've installed a lot of curtain rods, Venetian blinds, Roman shades, and other window treatments. This curtain rod is hands-down the easiest one to install I've come across. Just two screws on each side, and they provide mollies for installing directly into drywall. The two brackets have screws for holding the rod tight in place. Other reviewers have said they won't hold up a heavy curtain, but as long as you install the curtain rod properly on a wall that can hold the weight, these curtain rods can hold the heaviest of curtains.

You only get four screws and four mollies, and the instructions are four tiny pictures printed on the cardboard hang-tag. You could probably install this curtain rod without the use of any instructions, but it would have been nice for them to include one or two extra screws and mollies. They are a pretty standard size so you could replace them, but this seems like an oversight to me.

This is a nice looking curtain rod that does the job for a good price. I ordered two of them, but I only put on one grommeted drapery panel per rod/window because that is the look I wanted. I remember thinking when I put the first panel on that it was good I wasn't putting on two panels per rod because my lined panels are heavy and I had extended the rod (which is designed to fit 28"- 48") out to 45". I think the weight of two panels would have required a center support which is not included in the hardware package. So, think about the length of the rod and the weight of your panels and order a center support if you think it might be necessary. With that caveat, I'd say this rod is worth the money.

I bought the 48-86" pewter colored rods for an extra wide bedroom window. Although the rods are a bit thin, they hold FIVE Heavy, Black Out curtain panels very well!! With the longer rods, they come with 3 mounts for the extra length and weight support - and it's perfect! So, if you are hesitant (as I was with a smaller budget), I would say go for it!! Worked Well for Me!

Got these to put up in a rarely used guest room. Since it’s not occupied much I didn’t want to spend a lot of money right now. These were super affordable and look good. While they are not the same quality as my more expensive ones, they have a similar finish so they don’t stray too far from the look in the rest of the house and they certainly do their job. The curtains I have are if medium weight and they support them just fine!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The Kenney Beckett 5/8" Standard Decorative Window Curtain Rod features soft square shaped finials
  • 5/8" diameter curtain rod projects 3.5" from the wall and adjusts from 28-48" to fit your window
  • For use with light to medium weight curtains in your kitchen, bedroom, dining room, and living room
  • Steel rod in black finish with plastic decorative finials and matching mounting hardware
  • Includes: One telescoping curtain rod with finials, two brackets, screws, drywall anchors, and installation instructions

Description

Add a touch of style to your home with the Beckett Decorative Window Curtain Rod by Kenney. The 5/8 inch diameter Beckett curtain rod in black features matching soft square shaped finial ends. Use in your kitchen, bedroom, dining room, and living room to hang light to medium weight curtains. The telescoping rod adjusts from 28 inches to 48 inches to fit your window and projects 3.5 inches from the wall. It is ideal for hanging curtains with pockets, grommets, back tabs, and tab tops, but can also be used with clip rings. Drapery Hardware Set Includes: one telescoping steel curtain rod with decorative plastic finials (1.94" L x 1.45" W x 1.45" H), two mounting brackets, screws, drywall anchors, and installation instructions.



What a great value!
I have been searching for a 'rustic' look curtain rod for quite some time now yet did not want to pay what most companies were asking.
When I saw these on Amazon I thought they were too good to be true.
They are absolutely perfect!
They look fantastic, seem very sturdy and well worth the price.
I bought two sizes for the areas I needed them for a larger window and then the standard sized single window. I liked them so much I have bought another set to replace old boring rods I have had forever.
Not only was the price well worth it, but they arrived right on time in perfect packaging!

This is the first curtain rod I have ever installed due to having to move every couple years. I have always used command hooks to hang rods. I decided to purchase this curtain rod to go with new curtains that I had purchased. Once I figured out the placement of the brackets and made a pattern to use above my windows, the installation went quickly. I only had an issue with one of the end pieces. It wasn't screwed in like the other side, and I was never able to get it to completely look like the other side. It's not that noticeable once the curtains are put on the rod.

The curtain rod does its job, no problem with that. The product quality is obviously reflects the price. It smells like cheap plastic and it has some small defects on the shape moldings. Once installed, all of those small defects are gone. Anyone that walks into my house doesnt pay attention to rod. The pretty curtains take most of the critic. I am very neutral about this product. I like it, but I dont love it. I honestly forgot about them when being used because I never look up at them. Gave it 4 stars because it works just like it states.

This is very good quality. I was quite surprised to get such a sturdy curtain rod at this price. I had been looking for new curtain rods at local stores and at this price point the quality was not very good so I was not sure how sturdy the curtain rod would be but it is very sturdy and attractive. I have medium weight curtains on the rod at this time but this rod could handle much heavier curtains. Good product, good price.

You can obviously tell that they are not $50 curtain rods when holding them and messing with them, but not by looking at them. Their is really no point to spend the extra money on more expensive ones when these are just as sturdy as the other ones. You also can not even tell that they are cheaper just by looking. I would most definitely recommend this product to anyone. Even if you can afford the more expensive rods I would use the money for something different. These are great!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment