Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Brabantia Steam Rest Ironing Board with Linen Rack, C - Wide, Ecru

Brabantia Steam Rest Ironing Board with Linen Rack, C - Wide, Ecru

Brabantia Steam Rest Ironing Board with Linen Rack, C - Wide, Ecru

This ironing board provides a great setup for my Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam Steam Iron Station. I wanted a little wider work area than the regular size ironing board with a side rack to put the iron on so that it wasn't in the way. The linen rack on the bottom provides the perfect spot for the base of the steam station and the rack on the end of the board fits the iron perfectly. The narrower end of the board is wider than a regular size ironing board but still very useable. I use a sleeve board and dressmaker's ham for more specific ironing and the wider area of this board actually give me more work space for that. This board is a little more expensive than some other ironing boards, but well worth it for me. It also came with the cotton cover already on, so I didn't have the hassle that you usually have in putting that on. I would definitely recommend it.

I iron church linens, in particular altar cloths made out of medium weight 100% pure linen (dimensions 24 inches wide and around 180 inches long) with lace about 6 inches running the entire length. This ironing board cut my time in half! I did buy another cover to put over the one it comes with, but that's because I want additional padding to avoid some of the issues that can occur when dealing with linen fabric.

The larger surface area is fantastic AND the board max height is higher than a standard board, so I'm not hunched over when ironing (I'm 5'6"). I do wish the iron holder at the end was detachable or collapsible but it's not a deal breaker (and I had been worried about it getting in the way).

If you need a larger smoother surface area to iron fabrics, this is a great buy. Also I have wood floors, and the angled rubber feet are fantastic too!

I love, love, love this ironing board. After my last wonderful ironing board (not a Brabantia) was assassinated by my cats I was insistent on getting a high quality replacement that would withstand the demands of a rogue woman who actually irons her clothes as well as irons her quilting projects. This was very expensive for my budget so it does not stand opened and accessible to cat attacks now. The wide platform at the end easily holds my iron, spray starch and water spray bottle as well as being a convenient hanger-hold for the waiting garments. I know this isn't the board for everybody but if you are a serious quilter/sewist/ironed-clothing-wearer you should really consider the Brabantia ironing board.

Now why have I not done this years ago? What a difference from my cheap, ancient ironing board. This puppy is rock solid with no shifting when pressed on. Substantial without being overpowering in weight. I am 59 and of average strength and I can lift it without problems. The different heights that it can be adjusted to are great for ironing different items and I've found that the higher I go, the less stress on my neck and back. The rack on the bottom is very handy. There is NOTHING I do not love about this ironing board. The cover is taut and obviously of good quality. I never thought I would say this, but I'm looking forward to doing more ironing with this!

I looked at a lot of ironing boards before deciding on this one. In short, very solid construction and stable. Would definitely recommend the Size - C wide width. Makes ironing shirts and trousers a lot easier and quicker. I was a little bit concerned about the length (my previous ironing board was about 6" longer), but it turned out to be OK. Long enough for trousers.

I noticed some reviews on this product were critical of the iron holder attachment at the rear of the board. Because I iron in a small utility room next to a counter, I didn't need it, so I simply cut it off. You can't tell it by looking at the ironing board (see photos). I agree that it would be better if it could be detached, but that wasn't possible -- it's welded to the frame. It too is well constructed, so if you need the iron holder, you will be pleased with the quality.

In summary, I think this is a quality product that is worth the price.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Size: C, wide ironing board dimensions: Size - 49 x 18 inches with a 0.98 inch Ivory Frame
  • Ironing board with standard steam iron rest and convenient linen rack to hold ironing
  • Handy transport lock keeps the table folded when stored or transported
  • Extra-wide and ergonomic - adjustable to 4 different heights (30 - 38 inches) and non-slip feet
  • Brabantia - 10 year guarantee

Description

This Brabantia Ironing Board is sturdy and reliable and comes with a 10 Year Brabantia Guarantee. It includes a linen rack that allows you to pile folded items for later and it also comes with a heat-resistant ironing cover. Its pointed end is ideal for trousers and thanks to its wide surface you can iron shirts and linen.



I am glad I purchased this ironing board. It is sturdy and the tray holds my Rowenta steam generating iron without sagging. The cats can jump on it and off it without having the board move. They know they are not allowed on it so they are on and off in a few seconds with less than graceful jumps.

This board also works well for a 6' 5" man who usually had to iron hunched over smaller boards. He likes the longer and wider board size so he is not having to move his clothes around. I sew and and knit, the board is a good size, doesn't get soggy when I block my knitting, and the pad that comes with it is thick enough not to show the metal mesh pattern.

The board is not perfect, I would love to see it have an extension cord and a plug for the steam generator like my board in Germany had, and I did add a thin pad. Taking it down is not as easy as I would like, you have to stand it up straight, but I understand why it functions as it does. The price was a bit much, but given what is available here in the US for $30 or so less...

This is a high-quality, solid ironing table. It's very sturdy, and the padding is quite adequate. I'm not crazy about the cover's design, but that's a personal choice. It's too bad you can't select from a few designs.
The only thing I would point out is that it really is quite wide. If you have smaller-sized shirts that don't have buttons (i.e., t-shirts), you won't be able to put them over the ironing board, but will instead need to iron them by lying them flat across the board (so ironing front and back at the same time--not ideal for a wrinkle-free look).

This iron board is fantastic. I now LOVE to iron. It's big, broad, soft, stable and extremely well made. I'm excited in the knowledge that I now own my forever-ironing board. I know for sure that I will never have to buy another ironing board again. Worth every penny.

This is a heavy duty, good quality ironing board. I hate ironing, and while this board does not make me love it, it does make it less painful because the wide parts of the board make it easy to do the backs of my shirts at one go. The little hanging area, and space for folded clothes are also helpful.

This board replaces a much smaller ancient worn out regular board.
This is about 50% broader than a regular board and provides an excellent surface for steam ironing.
We use it with a cordless iron, so the generous end table holds the base station with ease.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P6CRLO/

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment