Friday, November 29, 2019

Home Premium Rubber Door Stopper - Multi Surface Door Stop Wedge with Heavy Duty Design - Flexible and Non Scratching Door Holder (4 Pack, Brown)

Home Premium Rubber Door Stopper - Multi Surface Door Stop Wedge with Heavy Duty Design - Flexible and Non Scratching Door Holder (4 Pack, Brown)

Home Premium Rubber Door Stopper - Multi Surface Door Stop Wedge with Heavy Duty Design - Flexible and Non Scratching Door Holder (4 Pack, Brown)

The door stoppers were perfect. I sent them to my daughter, a teacher in AZ. After the FL shooting, I wanted her to have this little bit of added defense should there be a problem with an intruder in her school. Learned that their doors open out into the hallway, and the doorstops would not help. The doorstops are being used by those doors that open in and they are strong and work really well with the heavy school doors. A lesson was learned and your doorstops may never be used for the reason I purchased them (please G-d), but these well constructed items are in a high school in AZ

As you can hopefully see it on the pictures, I needed this product for several doors, one of them having a close to 1 1/4" gap at the bottom when opened. It is a heavy door too so I needed something strong that also does not slide like a piece of hard plastic would.
These doorstops are actually very strong yet somewhat soft so that they do not scratch surfaces. They are larger than the normal stops that I found and therefore (although I was skeptical and bought two for that one door) just one of them holds that heavy door with a closing spring that is on the picture. Since we also have a door mat there it is even easier to keep the door open when we want it.
I hope it helps you chose!
Also the seller sent me an e-mail without me even asking anything, to let me know that there is a lifetime warranty on the product and I just need to e-mail if I am ever dissatisfied with the product in the future. I do not think I will ever need that service but it was surely a nice gesture and excellent customer service that came with this excellent product!

Gotta admit...best doorstops I've ever bought. So far, they've stopped every door dead in it's tracks. Good smell of old fashioned rubber. Remind me of an old Mighty Mouse action figure I had as a kid. And remember...Mighty Mouse stopped those evil alley cat gangsters dead in their tracks too.

They are good standard hard rubber like doorstops. We have what you might call slick simulated wood floors and if you jam right in the door By shoving them a little under the opening of the door at the bottom and pulling the door slightly onto them, they work perfectly. No slide at all. I am very satisfied with my purchase. This is after going to a few stores locally and finding cheap ones that did not work or not finding them at all.

Door stoppers may be old fashioned but they get the job done nicely. I had been using a box with canned drinks inside before, to keep our cat out of my room when I wanted peace. The cat learned to push the door open with that box but not now with the door stoppers.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • BIGGER, STRONGER, VALUE PACK - No more placing door stops on top of each other to hold your door open. Get this improved version which is bigger and more solid compared to other rubber door stoppers you'll see at hardware stores. They can hold doors with clearances up to 1.2" and they measure 4.5" X 2.05" X 1.2" (our most satisfied customers say it works best for clearances between 0.5-1 inches)
  • MULTI SURFACE DOOR STOP - Whether it is tile, concrete or wooden floor, these door wedges will stop your door from moving. They are best suited for institutional and office use though they can fit perfectly at home as well
  • DURABLE, NON MARKING, HIGH QUALITY RUBBER - Which helps protect hardwood and laminate floors from scratches and dents. These wedges are made of quality certified rubber and are safe to use
  • ANTI SLIP BASE KEEPS THEM IN PLACE - And also provides ultimate gripping power. With their unique hollow design, they wedge doors like no other. They have additional skirting around them to make them even more unlikely to flip over or move should a strong wind come racing through your home
  • LIFETIME 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We're so confident that you'll love the Home Premium door stopper that we'll refund every penny if you don't like it! Actually, most customers like it so much they buy more than one package and give it out to their friends and family or take it to their office!

Description

Heavy duty construction, keeps any type of door openThese door stopper are intended for holding heavy doors and are best for office and institutional use, though they can fit perfectly at home as wellSimple, elegant design that gets the job doneWe believe in keeping things simple. We focus on delivering our customers quality products that get the job done and last long. And this is exactly what these door stoppers are all about.Suitable for most types of common use surfacesWhether it is tile, concrete or wooden floor, these stoppers will stop your door from moving. They have a strong, flexible rubber grip 100% Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee With our Lifetime 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, you will never have to worry about buying yet another door stopper - if you are not completely satisfied with the Home Premium Door Stoppers, we will refund your money. No questions asked!IMPORTANT: please check the gap clearance between your door and surface before purchasing any type of door stopper. These doorstops max height is 1.2" so if your doors have bigger clearance they won't work



These are great, just what we needed. Our 10 month old grandson is quite apt to stick his fingers in the opening between the door and the wall, running the risk of getting his fingers crunched even if the door doesn't slam. I was looking for a door stop that would be strong enough to keep him from moving the door at all and these do the trick. The first time he encountered an unmovable door he tried with all his might to push it -- while I held my breath. Sure enough the stop held and he finally gave up. Thanks, these have made things so much easier for us especially when the grandkids are over. Love the white color and particularly love being able to push them in myself firmly enough to stay put, no need to have husband do it!

Update (10 Sep 2017):

My original review was 5 stars, and I still believe these are good quality and work very well. However, my experience with the white color is that they quickly start turning yellow. Almost any white or near white color plastic will yellow over time, presumably from UV exposure, but these took very little time to start turning and become a bit ugly looking. The good news: I contacted the vendor who agreed to immediately ship out an equal number of brown door stoppers. I received those in less than a week. As they are a darker color, UV exposure will have a much less obvious affect on them. We'll see how they hold up. Bottom line: I'm still a fan of these, but not a fan of the white color. Dimensions and composition are still very positive features, and clearly customer service is very responsive.

Original Review:

I tried a few different door stops before coming across these, and for me these have an ideal combination of toughness, flexibility and height. We have under-door gaps ranging from 1/2" (most interior doors) to about an inch (deck and balcony doors), and these fit perfectly in this range (they'll actually work with doors having clearances of from about 3/8" to about 1-1/8"). We have floors covered with different types/textures of tile, hardwood and one room with carpet, and these stops work great on every surface. The rubber composition prefers smooth surfaces, but it's flexible enough to work fine with the more textured surfaces of some tiles by simply pre-loading it a bit... meaning, place your foot in front of the stop and gently pull the door toward you to ride the door a little ways up the stop to compress it a little. If you do this, I can't imagine any surface that this stop would not work on. It's also nice to have these stops come in both an off-white and a brown color. We are using white on our darker floors so the stops can be more easily found in dim light at night.

How well the rubber composition holds up over time is an unknown since I've had them for only a short while, so there's no way to know if they will become more brittle over time. But my guess is they'll be fine for years, and for now they work at least as well as any I've tried and they cost less than $3 each which is a good deal, Highly recommended.

Bought these for my high schoolers and teacher friends to carry for an emergency of an active shooter at school. These are heavy duty and I believe would work very well for keeping the door closed if needed, or open what ever you need it for. My reason to buy them is probably different than yours, but wanted a simple solution to help protect my children in case of an emergency. Also a client of mine after I shared this tip, bought some to take on her travels to ensure her safety as well as many other of my friends to keep in their kid's backpacks. Great buy, great quality!

The doorstops appear to be we'll made and seem like they will last. Received an (unsolicited) email from the company wanting to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase before I even received the item. The email even said that if I was not happy with the doorstops, I could keep them and I'd still be given a refund. I appreciate good customer service, especially these days when many don't stand behind their product after the purchase. I didn't pay attention to the fact that these only fill a gap of approx 1 1/2" or less. One of my interior doors has a larger gap than that so I just inverted 2 of the stoppers, stacking them on top of each other, to make it work.. and it does. The only minor issue I have is, I ordered a set of dark brown stoppers (and in the picture they look dark brown). But when mine came they appear to be more of a reddish brown. Just doesn't match the color scheme as well but I'm happy with the quality of the product.

These doorstops are probably fine for most doors, but for the commercial doors in my residence hall, these are a bit flimsy and tend to slide.

EDIT: A month later, these door stops have inexplicably become better, Although they still deform somewhat under pressure, they also seem to stick to the floor better, and one doorstop is now enough to hold open my door. I wonder if the doorstops were still slippery/oily from the factory, and got stickier after they finished outgassing? Either way, I take back my earlier criticism, these are fine doorstops. Just be aware you might have to wash or age them a little to get them to work properly. Also, kudos to the seller for excellent customer service: if they hadn't contacted me, I wouldn't have thought to update this review.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment