Thursday, November 7, 2019

Lasko 2002W Personal Fan, 6-Inch, White, 2002

Lasko 2002W Personal Fan, 6-Inch, White, 2002

Lasko 2002W Personal Fan, 6-Inch, White, 2002

While the air this blows is not as cool as some comments suggested, this is really an excellent product. I'm a semi-invalid. I rent a room in a private house, with access to bathroom and kitchen. The only time I've been out of the house in the last 3+ years has been to go to the hospital. This is the first summer I've been here in my room for a couple of years -- and 2016 has thus far been a REALLY hot NYC summer. I say that to explain how valuable this fan has been. I like the twist top. It allows one fan to blow on me, and the other on my aide. Also, this fan has been going 24/7 since it arrived. It's so quiet, I don't eve hear it when at my desk less than a meter away. I cannot recommend this product too highly. Oh, yeah... The price. As a senior citizen, living on a VERY limited budget, the price was a definite plus. Oh, one more thing: I RARELY make comments. Something has to REALLY be outstanding for me to do so. 'Nuff said. God bless.

Fans are always so hard to buy, especially online, because half of reviewers say the fan is extremely quiet, and the other half say the fans are ridiculously loud. I watched video reviews for this fan on Youtube because I came across that problem. The videos in my opinion show a fan that is quieter than most. When I tried it at home, it also seemed like a good, non-noisy fan. Ultimately, I find the fan fairly low on noise but it does depend on what setting you're on, and where you're at. At home, the middle setting seems much less quiet than at my office (where I use it), which can be dead silent at times. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, love the gray color, that you can split the direction of air flow, and that it oscillates. It's hard to find small, desktop fans that oscillate. Haven't had a bad Lasko fan yet. 5 stars.

January 29, 2013
I've had this fan for about 6 years, running at least 7 hours a day / 5 days a week. I'm a guy who definitely likes it cold. Having this fan at my cubicle does the job perfectly. It is relatively quiet and won't disturb those around you. I also appreciate that little bit of "white noise". The build quality is decent and the clip holds it right where I aim it. The air flow from it is very direct, with a wind pattern that is narrow and tall.

My only concern is that over time, it will start to make noise when dust works its way into the bearing at the end opposite the switch. In the 6 years I've had it, I've had to take it apart 3 or 4 times to clean it up and lube up the bearing. The bearing is actually just a brass washer type thing. It would be nice if it was a sealed bearing, but a little oil and a philips screwdriver does the trick. I just cleaned it again tonight and this time I am trying liquid Teflon instead of an oil. We'll see how it does, but regardless, I wouldn't trade this fan for another any day. If this one ever dies, hopefully they'll still sell this model.

I took off the 1 star for the brass bearing versus a sealed bearing.

I will add some pictures for how to open and clean.

Update: 12/31/2015
So it has been almost 3 years since my original review. The liquid Teflon has finally given out and the fan is starting to squeak a bit again. I will definitely go this route again when I get around to cleaning / lubing it up. Not an issue, the fan is still going. This has got 9+ years under it's belt now. I'm bumping it up from 4 stars to 5 stars, regardless of the bearing. I have never had a fan last this long, especially with this amount of usage.

I've slept with a fan since Vietnam (‘68).They gave me a Lasko 2004W when I was in hospital last year as a sleep aid. The little champ was just what the doctor ordered! It clamps, firmly, onto just about any surface up to approx 1 ¾” thick. Not only did it stir up a surprising breeze for its diminutive size but it produced a pleasant white noise. If the breeze became too much I’d point it away so I’t'd still cover the hospital noises. Perfect little fan to travel with!

I’ve always had a hot head but it seems to be getting worse in my old age. My DW can’t stand the breeze produced by my big fan so she has slowly caused it to be pointed so as not to disturb her sleep. It’d reached a point to where only my feet got the fan. End result was hot head and cold feet. So, I switched ends of the bed for my head. That worked but covers being what they are sucked at the same time.

I started digging for my Lasko 2004W. I knew I brought that bad boy home; but I couldn't find it. As usual I hit the Internet. I wanted a small fan I could wall mount so as not to bother DW. Nobody sells a “small” wall mounted fan anywhere near my price range. So I gave up on that and decided to get another Lasko 2004W. Of course, Amazon has the best deals on most things; so, I ordered one (Prime). It was not due in till today but it came in yesterday.

Now the kicker. I didn't find this info even on Lasko Products web site; but, the 2004W has a wall mount screw hole! The fan light enough it wouldn't take much of a wall molly to mount it but I found a stud and mounted it solid a couple feet over my head. Mistake. That’s too close. Who’d thought this little fan would make way too much breeze? I’ll either move it higher or mount it more solid to the wall so I can rotate it away. I love this little fan! BTW, as predicted, I found my original one, a few minutes ago, in a drawer in my shop.

Note: picture added. It’s not beautiful wall mounted but what fan is? I did drill a hole (5/16”) in the top of the clamp so I could get a screwdriver on the screw to finish tightening it down. I also backed it with a piece of firm rubber to dampen any possible vibrations ... just in case.

<*)))><
In His Grace
Elton

UPDATE: Earlier today, 2/5/18, I wrote the below review and gave this product 2/5 stars. Since then, I took the fan apart and found that one of the two screw-in brackets that holds the motor to the oscillating unit (fan blades) was loose. This bracket also keeps the fan blades in place rather than moving around freely while spinning. I tightened these down and the fan is now working as good as when it was brand new, possibly even more quietly. I'm very happy that it wasn't anything more serious like a bearing in the motor actually having failed so early on. I'm giving this product 4/5 stars because I shouldn't have had to fix this fan so early on. Otherwise, this fan would receive a 5/5 for its small footprint, quiet nature, and for serving its purpose well, which is to be a desk fan at my office.

Great fan for the first 2 months. Now it's screaming loudly. I don't know if there's something that is rubbing up against the frame inside or if it's a bearing that is loose, it's not a knocking sound. But, in any case, I'm very disappointed in this. I'd be happy if someone would contact me about getting a replacement, I would be more than willing to send my current one back if anyone wants to inspect it. I did really like the fan when it worked.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ETL listed, patented, fused safety plug
  • Pivots up and down for focused airflow
  • Assembles easily with no tools needed
  • Features storage compartment for holding coins and paper clips
  • Easy grip rotary control
  • Note: The 6" refers to the size of the blades

Description

Lasko's quiet No. 2002W 6-inch Personal fan tilts and pivots to direct air flow where needed for cooling comfort. Made in the USA from Domestic and Imported Parts. Lasko; 100+ years of quality, comfort and durability.



Great fan

I have this fan on my desk at work - bought it over a year ago. It has high and low settings and you can tilt it up or down. My favorite thing about it is that it is quiet. It would be great for a bedroom. I will be ordering at least one more

In my experience so far, Lasko is a good brand. I have a Lasko space heater that I have been using for five years in the cooler months, and now two Lasko fans for the hotter months. This Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan is very small and lightweight, so it doesn't take up much space, and yet it has a far-reach (of several feet) and plenty of power for its size. It does a much better job than fans I've had that are much larger. The only annoying thing is that it can get knocked over easily if it is slightly bumped, because it is so lightweight, but I resolved that issue by sandwiching the fan between two more sturdy items (which obviously eliminates the fans ability to oscillate, but that was not a factor for me). I think it was a good purchase.

SO quiet. I am in a cubicle and even my cube mate could not hear it. Fits nicely on my desk and three settings is great.

My boss is so sensitive to the cold she doesn't like the A/C on. Well I'm the opposite. We work in Texas, just north of Houston. It gets hot here, even in the winter. This little fan is perfect. I clipped it to the shelf next to my computer and my CSR didn't even notice it until I said something. Very quite and helps keep me cool even on the lower setting. I can still hear my radio and/or my phone while it is running. Considering buying one for my bedroom too.

EXCELLENT FAN POWER, SO EASY TO CLEAN, don't worry about dirty blades.

I LOVE LASKO FANS!!! They're by far the easiest to clean. No screws - just pop off the front piece with your fingers. I bought this 6" after replacing my 17" with a new one. It lasted 20 years!!!! Great quality.

Most fans don't allow for cleaning the blades so you're just blowing dust in your face. Not good for folks with allergies. Or anyone else.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment