Friday, November 8, 2019

OXO Good Grips SimplyTear Standing Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel

OXO Good Grips SimplyTear Standing Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel

OXO Good Grips SimplyTear Standing Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel

Works as advertised for the first two thirds of the roll, but then the pressure is not enough to hold the roll while you tear a towel off. If you place a finger on either the roll or the pressure plate, it still works perfectly, but if you don't, you'll have the same problem as you thought you were correcting: it won't tear off cleanly and you'll end up with more towels than you wanted.
At the beginning of the roll, when this device is working as it's supposed to, there is still a caveat. You must align the perforation just beyond the pressure plate, no more than an inch in order to tear off the towel with one hand; otherwise you will only sometimes get a single towel. I've tried numerous devices to get the desired result and this one comes the closest to actually working. The ratchet-driven system tightens up as it gets closer to the end of the roll, which theoretically would solve the problem, but it gets too tight and you can't pull the towels out without using both hands. This one doesn't tighten the roll, but the pressure plate doesn't get tighter, which is the problem. I don't think there is an ideal solution to this perplexing problem.

Excellent Holder! Even holds the extra large Costco paper towels. Works one handed as advertised. At work, I was using an inexpensive holder, and a full Costco roll wouldn’t fit! This is perfect! Works great, and it works better than the expensive ratchet paper towel holder we keep around the house for cleaning; this really is a one handed operation.

I purchased this OXO paper towel holder to replace one that had a suction cup base. As expected, this OXO paper towel holder meets and exceeds my expectations in quality and function. I like how the roll of towels just slides on in comparison to my old one where I had to remove the top. The brushed metal finish looks good and just adds to the sleek and modern design. But the most important thing is the weight of the OXO holder. I am able to remove a towel with one hand and get a clean tear every time without the holder moving. OXO never disappoints with the products they offer. I've included some photos where I have a double roll on the holder. I hope I've helped you with your choice. I can highly recommended this for your kitchen too!

This is a very nice option for paper towel holders. I have tried a few and they all have some issues. There are some with heavy bases, and most require you to unscrew something to put the roll in.

This OXO holder is 'weighty' enough with a wide enough base to stand quite sturdy and does not require any unscrewing to put the roll on. We use mostly bounty select a size paper towels and it seems to work quite well thus far.

the only minor issue i've seen up to this point is that the 'arm,' which holds the roll so that you can do one hand operation to tear off a sheet, isn't always strong/efficient enough to hold down. if the perforated 'tear' strip is on the 'arm' or slightly behind it, you can still take the sheet, but then the next sheet is 'behind' the arm, so you have to manually move it forward. I don't foresee this as a major issue, just need to get the 'hang' of tearing off the optimal way

Holds roll nicely, 4 stars, not 5 because it doesn't tear as easily as I had hoped, but does NOT topple, so that's good.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Tear a single piece of paper towel single handedly, paper towel edge is always accessible and does not unravel
  • Spring-activated arm locks open for loading, weighted, non-slip base for stability
  • Freestanding paper towel holder accommodates any size or brand of paper towels
  • Brushed stainless steel, measures 7 inches in diameter by 14 inches high
  • Dimensions 6.85 x 6.85 x 12.9 inches, packaged weight 2.01 pounds

Description

The SimplyTear Paper Towel Holder has a Spring activated arm to hold the roll securely and allows for a one handed tear. No matter what brand or size paper towel roll you use, the arm automatically adjusts to the width of the roll. The stainless steel arm keeps the paper towel edge accessible at all times so you do not have to search for the edge. The SimplyTear Paper Towel Holder is designed with internal resistance to prevent the paper towel roll from unraveling. Loading the Paper Towel Holder is easy. The arm pivots away from the center pole and locks open, allowing you to slip the paper towel roll over the center pole without a fuss. A weighted stainless steel base and non-slip ring keep the Paper Towel Holder in place. Made of brushed stainless steel with black plastic accents, OXO’s SimplyTear Paper Towel Holder is an elegant addition to any kitchen countertop.



OK...this was one of many Mother's Day gifts: one of those things where the wife says, "I wish I had one of those towel stands that holds the side of the roll".....and I remembered...

She and I are very pleased with the performance of the holder and the fact that the free end of the roll stays compactly closed. Our older one...great quality, but unfortunately does not have the side arm feature.

I earned "points" for remembering....

I bought this one as a replacement for one that I bought (different brand, different style) that started rusting in the round screw-on knob at the top. It got to where none of us (my husband, daughter and I) couldn't get that knob off to replace the paper towel roll. In frustration, I ordered this one that's designed for the roll to simply go over the top without having to unscrew anything. I like the looks and design of this one, and am very pleased with my purchase.

We just remodeled our kitchen and did't want to hang paper towels under the cabinets. We use oversize paper-towel rolls and this will work for all sizes until you get down to about 5-10 sheets left. At that point the stand falls over when you go to tear a sheet off. Up until then... flawless. My wife chooses to put one hand on top to keep it sturdy but I'm not so dainty. Over-all I have to say it is a pretty good product. I would give it 5 stars if the base was a bit heavier. My wife would give it a 5 but I gave it a 4.

I switched to the TrippNT Paper Towel Holder that dispenses tri-fold paper towels one at a time over a year ago, but my husband still likes to keep a roll of select-a-size paper towels in the kitchen. I, too like the select-a-size towels but didn't like how I had to touch the towels and/or holder when my hands were messy/wet to tear one off.

This Oxo Good Grips holder works beautifully requiring no touching of the towels or the holder in order to tear off a towel. It works just as shown in the video. I particularly like the look of this holder and how little space its vertical design takes up in our small kitchen. It's also weighty enough that it doesn't tip or wobble when I tear off a towel. All in all, this is a well designed and made holder.

Perfect in every way. I have a kitchen island so I need this style of holder. It has good weight, balance and grip on the counter. Very easy to pull and tear off with one hand as many or few towels as you want. Extremely easy to change rolls. Nice solid knob on top to move with. The only thing about this that's not obvious is that it needs to be picked up by top knob. What looks like a handle on the side is the spring mechanism that holds the end towel in placel and acts as a stop for tearing off towels. It's the key that makes this so good. I don't know why I didn't just buy OXO in the first place.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment