Monday, March 25, 2019

Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask, Blindfold, Super Smooth Eye Mask (One Strap)

Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask, Blindfold, Super Smooth Eye Mask (One Strap)

Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask, Blindfold, Super Smooth Eye Mask (One Strap)

I love these eye masks. In fact, I've bought several as backups, just in case I happen to lose the one I've been sleeping with. I was having trouble sleeping as my room was too bright, but this eye mask helps to block out light and get a great nights sleep. I used to use eye masks that I received from international flights I've taken, some masks better than others, however they pale in comparison to the Alaska Bear eye mask. This mask is large and super comfortable, with an adjustable strap that is easy to use and get the right amount of tension.

I do find that some light can be visible, coming through where my nose comes in contact with the eye mask, however this is only when my eyes are open. Once I close my eyes, I feel like I'm in total darkness. I have tried the version with the nose baffle, however it didn't work great for me and personally I felt it was better to get the version without it.

I love that these are extra big in size covering a large portion of my face to block out light, silky smooth and very comfortable to sleep with. I use mine every night at home and it also works great on aeroplanes. Much better than what the airlines give you!

Bought it to help with my extremely severe dry eye which occurred due to a medication reaction. Nothing else worked from restasis to corticosteroids for longer term relief. This mask plus refresh PM at night has really made a difference in quality of life for me.

This mask is high quality. The silk is very nice and is great for sensitive skin. It fits snug and has an adjustable strap to accommodated all sizes. The strap and clip does not ever get tied up in my shoulder length hair and the clasp lays flat so it does not disturb when I sleep. initially I was very worried about the clasp because larger ones give me headaches, but this one is totally not noticeable in my opinion.This mask is a complete blackout mask and could be used for air travel. I cannot tell when the lights are on at all when I've got the mask on. The mask stays snug at night too.

The printed versions are identical to the black one (I've got both the black one and the Van Goh one) and both are made of the same soft silk. I handwash mine with baby shampoo and hang dry on the bathroom doorknob. The printed mask came with a bag to wash with and it's own little box, which was a nice touch. The black silk is extremely colorfast and I have not had a problem with the dye running when I wash it or when I sleep with it on my sheets or pillows.

I struggle to sleep if there is very much light. But my wife and I seem to have different sleep cycles and schedules, so she likes to read later into the night while I need to get up early in the mornings. To accommodate, I purchased this sleep mask to block out the light so I can sleep. From the first day it worked like a charm. Even after my wife turns out the lights, I keep it on all night to block out night lights, neighbors' lights, clock lights, etc. I've been sleeping better and longer than I have for a long time. Wish I had done this years ago.

The first mask I ordered felt a little tight so the company contacted me and sent me a two strap mask. I thought that was great customer service. What's more important then service from a company that sells you goods or services! ?

In the summertime these masks have become particularly helpful when the sun rises earlier. I've been wearing it nightly and sleeping very well (except when the cat or dog wakes us.) Of course we have earbplugs we can use in those instances. Ha ha.

We plan on taking these masks when we travel to a warm location, this winter. It's always nice to have in a hotel setting.

Recommended.

After using several different types of sleep masks, even ones with 3D molded eyecups, this is by far the most comfortable sleep mask I have used. I change sleeping positions during the night from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my stomach and for that reason a lot of sleep masks were either uncomfortable or would slip off. The Alaska bear mask is very comfortable and I can hardly feel it when I am wearing it. I have a medium sized face and have had no issues with fit. I thought the little black clips on the side of the mask would bug me but honestly I do not even feel them when I am sleeping. The only issue I can see for some people would be that the mask fits snug against your eyes and that might bother people with long/sensitive eyelashes. But for me it almost feels like a weighted blanket for my eyes and helps me relax and destress. The silk material the mask uses is very smooth and have had no issues wearing it for prolonged periods of time. I would definitely recommend this mask if you are a side sleeper.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • A sleep aid and eye relaxer, made of 100% top-quality 19 momme natural mulberry silk on BOTH sides. Only super-soft, super-smooth pure silk offers the breathable, cool relaxation of the soothing masks found at the world's premier spas
  • Gentle, easy-to-adjust headband won't tangle hair or snag pillow. And the plastic adjuster stays at the back of your head, not at your temples, which can be uncomfortable for side-sleepers. Fits comfortably with ear plugs and even with a CPAP facial mask. Fully adjustable strap from 15.8 inches to 27.6 inches, suitable for women/men/kids
  • Ideal for insomnia, migraine headaches and dry-eye sufferers, as the breathable, natural fibers of hypoallergenic silk allows healthy oxygen in while keeping dry air out
  • Get the benefits of total blackout, whether at home, in a hotel or on the plane (where bright led light and dry air can be especially harsh). The perfect travel accessories to help keep you feeling rested and refreshed

Description

Alaska BearEnhance your Life

You won't believe how smooth it feels!


Our natural silk sleep masks not only feel smooth against your skin but are also hypoallergenic, great for those with sensitive skin. Mulberry silk is the fabric of the emperors. It is the most elegant of all the silks with a luminous sheen and a smooth touch. Buy for yourself or as a gift or consider it an investment in your travel accessories. Everyone will love the beauty and SIMPLE COMFORT of this silk.

Why using a sleep mask?
The hormone Melatonin regulates the day-night cycle of the human body and controls the recovery phases during the sleep. For the production of this hormone, the human body requires sufficient darkness. Lightness prevents the production of Melatonin. Even a little light caused, for example, by a digital alarm clock can be a disturbance. The best sleeping mask however will naturally help you increase melatonin levels and increase REM sleep.

Sleep masks- what for?
- if your bedroom cannot completely be shaded by black-out curtains and you want to sleep in
- if you cannot fall asleep because your partner wants to read or watch TV
- if you want to sleep while travelling, e.g. on airplanes or in trains
- if you are looking for perfect relaxation during yoga, wellness or meditation



I purchased this product, and left the comment below after the original one fell apart. However, they were quick to contact me and send a replacement. I have had no problems with the replacement. I'm now satisfied both with the product and, especially, with their customer service.

Original comment:This mask was lovely at first, but after 3 months the top and bottom layers have come off completely and just the middle layer of foam remains. I was shocked to see it fall apart so dramatically.

The "Almond Blossom" sleep mask from Alaska Bear is not only lovely to look at and comfortable to wear, but it also serves its purpose well. That is, it cuts out the light adequately, and it stays on my head all night. Some people have complained about color rubbing off on their pillows. I have not had that problem with this one. Some people have complained about light leaking through. I have only had that problem when I've hurried in putting it on and not centered it on my face. Otherwise, no light and a good night's sleep. Some people have complained about the size. I find it fits my relatively large head just fine. Might not work too well for a child or someone with a small head. So far, this is the best sleep mask I have acquired.

I bought four (4) of these (all different colors), three (3) for gifts, and a 5th in a couple days after their arrival because coincidentally my daughter's son had been asking her for one and wanted one of these, too. My other daughter said she loved hers, and has been sleeping much better. These are bigger than what I'd had before and had given away because too small. Great light block-pit. and comfortable. Best I've ever had. Probably will wash by hand in cold water if and when it becomes necessary.

Background:
Needed this to block out the light so I don't wake up in the morning. I also have a very sensitive head so definitely did not want something that felt like it was going to smother my face.

Pros:
- It is very large & covers a lot of your face (mid forehead to nose)
- it is very light & airy, feels very breathable. Won't make your face too warm.
- nice silky texture. Feels very soft, like a feather.
- really like the van gogh pattern (very pretty)
- long strap (can probably fit any head size)

Cons:
- strap isn't that tight, so the mask can fall off by the morning.
- unless you wear it tight, it won't completely "seal" the darkness in. There will be a tiny sliver of light coming in around your nose area. I don't mind this so much as I can just pull the mask down a bit more to cover that area, and it blocks enough that if I close my eyes I won't be able to tell.

I purchased this for traveling but then decided it was too nice to wear on a smelly plane. I managed to use it adter a couple of nights of major insomnia. This changed my life... I’ve never felt anything so gorgeously soft. Sooo soft and silky, not heavy, the right amount of coverage to keep any light out, gentle on face so it leaves no nasty line marks. The elastic on the back is adjustable so nothing presses where it shouldn’t. I’m totakly in love and I’m gonna but one for every friend I know that needs one. You will not regret this purchase... ohhh and the black with white stars is super cute too! LOVE!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment