Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Blender Bottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce 2-Pack, All Black and Clear/Black

Blender Bottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce 2-Pack, All Black and Clear/Black

Blender Bottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce 2-Pack, All Black and Clear/Black

Alright, let's get something clear. I love Soylent. I use blender bottles a lot. Man, if you want to make your shaker bottles better, you talk to the Soylent subreddit. That's facts.

That being said, they are very effective at mixing fine powders ;). Chunky peanut butter was easy to mix in. Haven't tried anything thicker than that. The spout is a good size and the bottles a pleasure to drink from.

Now some critical feedback:

Noise: They are loud. You get the liquid sloshing sound and the rattling of the metal mixer ball and it's pretty loud. And the flip lid has a sharp snap (made quieter by closing it only when the lids screwed on). When you finish your drank, the ball rattles loudly. Idk, what do you expect. Can't stop gravity, dummy.

Seal: The secure seal inspires confidence to the point that I can throw a closed maybe quarter full bottle in the backseat of my car and I know, there's a 99% chance it's Gucci.

Cleaning: They are easy to handwash and dry (even air-drying is a BREEZE). However there are parts of the bottle that are just too small a nook to clean easily.

Wear over time: Dark colored bottles like the light purple/pink? one wear visibly as stress marks in the plastic show as lighter areas like any other plastic would. I think it's okay, plastic is a good material for this. Also the lid hinge on the top becomes more floppy over time. This can become annoying if eventually you take a drink and your shake gets on your face. Hasn't happened many times at all so far but I can tell it's getting there.

[A bit of deeper feedback for BB, I have been closing the flip lid one side first by twisting it. In an effort to make the lid less loud, it goes on like a paint can lid, one side to the other]

These days, some companies believe they've earned the asking price for their products and some of them are right. I think blender bottle is the latter.

Good job Blender Bottle!

I recently bought the 28-ounce 2-pack Plum/ Teal Blender Bottle Classic. After receiving the product, I took some time to figure out the pros and cons of the Blend Bottle Classic; and who would like to have a product like this.
Review:
The Blender Bottle Classic is a good bottle to have for everyday use. I found that it was built to be durable. I took the Blender Bottles with me when I worked out after I received them. The bottles have a heavier feel for the size of the bottle. This gives a person confidence that the bottles can withstand any drops or accidents. When working out, I did drop the bottle a few times, whether from fumbling it while running, or just having it fall out of my bag when unpacking it. I had no cracks or any failures from the bottles. The lid never leaked, and the loop was a nice feature to hook the bottles onto my bag. The whisk, combined with shaking, mixed my pre-workout power very quickly, and successfully.
While the bottle was great to use when working out, it wasn’t always ideal for times outside of the gym. The whisk used to blend anything you dumped into the bottle would often clank around. In the class room, it was hard to us the bottle discreetly. The lid is hard to open without a loud pop at times, which can be disrupting during class. Also, when the bottle was close to being empty the whisk would loudly roll around when either tipping the bottle or walking around with the bottle in my bag.
Overall, I did enjoy the Blender Bottle a lot. It was great to use when I was working out. I found the Blender Bottle to have durable features. While sometimes using the bottle could be noisy, I often found myself using the bottle nearly every day, even when I wasn’t working out. There are many different colors and designs that a person could use.
Those that are serious about working out or focusing on a healthier lifestyle should look into this product. People who like to mix into different powders into their drinks such as: amino acids, pre-workout, protein, the Blender Bottles could help those that want to mix powders into their drink quickly.

I've never owned a blender bottle, so I don't know how these compare to the others out there, but the stainless steel ball that helps blend your shake was somebody's good idea. The balls fit in the silverware holder in my dishwasher, and I can angle a few spoons on either side to keep it from getting flushed up into the dishwasher when it's washing. Of course, rinsing them off under tap water works fine as well, but sometimes I want to be able to use one in a mason jar to gently stir my milk kefir ferment without removing the lid and I wanted to be able to sanitize them periodically.

I've only had these a week, and so far so good. No cracks, no leaking (unless I screw the top on off-kilter), and the snap-on spout is snug. The trick to getting it to snap close is to put uniform pressure on the top. Also use two hands to hold the bottle and press up with two thumbs to pop the spout open; easier on the hands and also reduces the chances of spilling.

These are working out great. I had tried just using the loose shaker balls in existing containers, but that didn't really work and then I lost the loose shaker balls and needed a replacement. I picked these up to use for soylent for breakfast and for lunch. They are working rather well. A few things that have helped me out. First of all, make the soylent the night before and put it in the fridge overnight. The soylent will dissolve just fine in the cool to room temperature if you shake it well, using the shaker balls of course. In my opinion, the actual soylent is much better tasting when its cold. As part of making it, after you add water to the bottle, they are graduated so that's easy, and the soylent to the water, and the ball to the bottle, and tighten the lid, take the time to shake for a few seconds to dissolve the material in the water. If you don't do this right away the caked, wet powder doesn't dissolve as well in the morning.

The bottles wash well with a washcloth and soap and water. When washing them, do be careful as the shaker balls can get tangled up and that will really slow down your process as you struggle to untangle them.

Blends powders beautifully and lump-free, and just rinses clean -- no difficult areas to reach even if you're making a shake with something obnoxious and sticky. I shake everything up, then pour it into a glass and immediately rinse the shaker. These let me do a quick kill-the-sweet-tooth chocolate protein shake in the wee hours without the noise and mess of the blender. I never would've dreamed a stainless wire ball could make that much difference, but it does. These are big and roomy, too. I usually use about 10 oz. milk with protein powder, green powder, and cocoa, plus 3 ice cubes (that don't fully melt, just chill everything down), and when shaken the container is nearly full.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Pack of two, 28-ounce capacity (note: measurements only go to 20 ounces) shaker cups for mixing protein shakes, smoothies, and supplements
  • Patented mixing system uses 316 surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall wire whisk found only in BlenderBottle brand shaker bottles
  • Screw-on lid creates leak-proof seal, and flip cap snaps securely shut to keep contents contained; loop top for easy carrying or attaching keys
  • Wide mouth makes it easy to add mix scoops and liquids, and embossed markings measure both ounces and milliliters
  • Includes two shaker bottles; BPA and phthalate-free, dishwasher safe; manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty

Description

The 2-pack of BlenderBottle Classic 28-Ounce Shaker Cups makes it easy to maintain proper nutrition and hydration on-the-go. While one dishwasher-safe bottle is getting clean, there’s another on hand for mixing protein shakes, smoothies, fiber drinks, and meal replacements. Featuring a patented mixing system, the 316 surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall wire whisk (found only in BlenderBottle brand shaker cups) moves freely inside the bottle to smooth out drink mixes and meal ingredients. It’s also a handy kitchen tool for mixing pancake batter, scrambled eggs, and salad dressings. The wide mouth makes it easy to add scoops of powdered mixes, meal ingredients, and liquids, and embossed markings show both ounces and milliliters for easy measuring anywhere (note that markings on the 28-ounce capacity shaker cup only go up to 20 ounces). Bottle contents and liquids are securely contained thanks to a tightly threaded screw-on lid that creates a leakproof seal, and a flip cap that snaps securely shut for shaking and transportation. The convenient loop top makes it easy to carry the bottle and offers a place to attach car keys while at the gym. The BlenderBottle Classic 28-Ounce Shaker Bottle can also be used as a water bottle; the ball can be left inside, as it will never rust, chip, or peel. Includes two, 28-ounce BlenderBottles. BPA and phthalate-free, dishwasher safe. Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty.



Kinda big, but works great. I have been using a battery operated mixer that sucks up battery juice after a few uses. If you want to go green - this mixer is a big plus. Also, price is incredibly reasonable for the pair.
I use this for mixing "Amazing Grass Green Superfood" which is impossible to stir with a spoon. A few shakes with this blender bottle and it's done. Going to order the smaller size which is more suitable for me.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like these are sturdier than the original ones that I bought. The plastic feels thicker.

I really like these for protein shakes after a work out. It blends my protein powder well.

The only thing that I don't really like about these is after a while whether you clean it immediately after using it or not, it starts to smell like whatever you put into it. I clean them immediately after use every time but this is the second set of bottles I've needed to buy because my original one started to smell to the point where I could almost taste it.

I like the two pack because my boyfriend also uses these. But he doesn't always wash them right away so his smell too. I don't want him to use my bottle so I like the two pack. We saved money by buying them together.

I normally wouldn't take the time to write a review for something like an inexpensive shaker...but this so one so exceeded my expectations that I had to! This is one of those seemingly simple products where every little detail has been considered and quality has been well engineered. Starting with the top, the lid snaps super tight. You can shake this thing with maximum velocity, knowing your contents won't escape. Not even a drop. And they even thought of holding convenience with the little tilt-out "finder handle" on top which makes carrying it a breeze. Then the bottle itself has nice 'ribs' on the side which enhance the ability to mix protein powders and the like with liquid. That and the clever wire shaker balls, mix really well. They clean up really well, too. I just add a dab of liquid soap and fill the bottle (with shaker ball still in it) with clean water, snap the lid tight and shake it much like I do initially with the protein powders. 20 seconds later, dump out the water and give it a quick rinse and it (bottle and shaker ball) are clean and ready to dry and use again. This is really close to a perfect thing - if by thing you are talking about a way to mix up shakes and smoothies! I hadn't noticed the "colors may vary" disclaimer prior to ordering, but I ended up getting the dark blue and a black one, so maybe I lucked out as far as color. I guess that would be my only suggestion for improvement - give consumers on Amazon the ability to select at least a few color combination choices.

My wife used to go to work without eating breakfast. By the time lunchtime rolled around, she was obviously starving...not the ideal situation nutritionally or for her health. She purchased a couple of these blender bottles and not makes a protein shake to take with her to work in the morning. She has something to "eat" for breakfast and isn't starving by the lunch hour. They're dishwasher safe (top shelf only) and the stainless steel blender ball goes into the silverware caddy. Easy to clean and re-use. A WINNER!!

I have actually bought these twice (one set of clear with black lids and the blue & purple set). It is cheaper to buy the two pack than to buy them in stores. I use these almost every day both for just water and for protein shakes after workouts. They work well, just make sure you screw the lids on properly otherwise they can leak (but once you put the lid on correctly they hold water perfectly!). I would recommend these.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment