Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Household Essentials 144222 Over The Door Small Ironing Board with Iron Holder | Natural Cotton Cover

Household Essentials 144222 Over The Door Small Ironing Board with Iron Holder | Natural Cotton Cover

Household Essentials 144222 Over The Door Small Ironing Board with Iron Holder | Natural Cotton Cover

I live in South Beach. About the only thing that we have less use for than irons is socks. Nevertheless I do have some linen shorts and some other things that need some ironing. This is about perfect. I put some Velcro on the bottom legs to keep it from bouncing around every time I open or close the door.

The ironing surface is actually larger than I expected. It may feel a bit flimsy but actually it is not. There is some spring action until you press down firmly and then it is a steady surface.

My only gripe is that the hooks are overkill — too thick and they interfere with closing the door.

Oh and about the iron holder … It is designed perfectly to send you to the emergency room after the hot iron crashes into your skull. The wound will be cauterized if that helps.

Purchased it to conveniently get to it and iron my shirts in the morning before work. Product has a nice sturdy, light frame, seems up to the task for frequent ironings after about 2 months of ownership.

Only gripe is the hooks are rather thick, don’t allow me to close the door (getting stuck against the door frame). I decided to drill holes into the frame and mount it directly to the door with screws. Worked like a charm, can now close the door. The ironing board is light enough that you can secure it with a couple of good screws.

I've not had an ironing board for the last 4 years due to college life and moving. Decided it was time to return to Adult-land and get a new one. My space is limited, and the use of an iron is also limited to once or twice a month...so this was my choice. I've hung it inside a coat closet near an outlet so when I do iron, it will be easy to set up.

Keep in mind, this is not an industrial ironing board. It's not meant to be leaned on hard. You are going to be doing those light touch-ups so you look polished for a date or maybe an interview...you are not going to be ironing Grandmom's quilt on this; it won't hold up to the excess weight.

It is what I needed for the casual Arizona lifestyle.

Because of space issues, I was shopping for a wall mounted ironing board, but at $150 plus dollars and how large they were, I looked into the over-the-door ironing board. It came a couple of days ago and I am so pleased with it. It mounted easily on the door and the board moves up and down without problem. The ironing area was surprisingly large. The pictures make the board look tiny, but it's not. There was a little bumping at the bottom when the door opened or closed but I took care of that with sticky Velcro patches...worked like a charm. I will say, for those wondering about stability, that while quite stable, it gives a little and it's not rock solid like my old Brabantia board, but I'm not going to miss it for a second because this one is so compact.

This fold-away ironing board is just what I needed. It was easy to install and the ironing board is fairly sturdy. However, in the extended position, there is a bit of play (about a couple of inches) when pressing down on the board. I don't press down too firmly when I iron, so it has not presented a problem for me. I purchased an additional pad & cover set (Ritz Professional) as well as the Dritz Ironing Board Cover Fasteners. Although the pad & cover were a bit large, I folded the excess under the board and fastened securely with the Dritz Fasteners. Although the ironing board remains secure in the upright position, I also added a small bungee cord across the rails for added security & to keep things nice and tight when opening & closing the door.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Mini space-saving OTD ironing board with self-close technology and hanger hook to store iron
  • Built-in U-hook iron holder at the top of the board
  • Sturdier design with support feet that stabilizes board while open and protects doors
  • Includes hooks for standard and commercial doors and cover/pad
  • The ironing surface is 14 inches wide and 42 inches long

Description

Household Essentials 144222 OTD Over the Door Self-Ironing Board with satin silver steel frame, natural-colored 100% cotton cover, and fiber ironing pad. This space-saving ironing board hangs on the door and comes with 1.5-inch residential hooks and 2-inch commercial hooks with cushions to protect doors. The steel mesh ironing surface is 14 x 41 inches and is perfect for steam irons. It comes with a 100% cotton cover and fiber pad installed (thick cord adjustment for best fit). Silicone-coated replacement cover #2011 with additional padding also available (sold separately). Rubberized plastic stabilizers (feet) brace the bottom of the frame against the door and lift it, reducing noise and protecting the door from scratches and scrapes. The frame’s built-in iron holder hook threads through an iron’s handle to hold it safely. This compact ironing board, with hooks installed, measures 17 inches wide x 52.25 inches long. *Item includes cover and pad (replacement cover and pad #2011 sold separately).



With this ironing board, I am no longer tripping over the full-size ironing board that my husband leaves out all the time! Installation was a piece of cake, it fit right over the top of the door. Folding and unfolding is equally simple. One thing that is frustrating, and a bit of a design flaw, is that the place to hang the iron after use is not safe if the iron is hot. So as a result, we have to wait for the iron to completely cool before folding the ironing board back up, which is kind of a bummer. Still, it does have a place for the iron to go, which is nice.

I have stackable washer & dryer in a small apartment closet, so I didn't have much space to work with. This over the door ironing board was the perfect solution! My doors are also bigger than most interior doors and these hooks fit perfect. The board is sturdy, not squeaky and works exactly like it should! If you want your ironing board out of your way--look no further!!

Works great and folds up nicely.
Its much closer to a full size board than I expected which is awesome!

Awesome ironing board! It fits perfectly over my closet door. I live in 600 sq. ft., so my large ironing board was a pain to store. This was the perfect solution! I also purchased a holder for my iron, two door stoppers to secure the door, and some velcro to fasten the bottom of the board against the door. I should have done this years ago!

I have always had a free standing ironing board and found it a pain to iron since I had to pull out the board and find a place for it. This product conveniently hooks onto a door frame allowing the door to close and it always available for use! It has a place to put the iron, though at the top of the product is rather high for a shorter woman like myself. I wouldn't suggest leaning on the board to hard or placing a laundry basic on top as there is no support once the board is folded down. All in all, I am extremely pleased with the product!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment