Sunday, April 7, 2019

O2COOL Treva 10-Inch Portable Desktop Air Circulation Battery Fan - 2 Cooling Speeds - with AC Adapter

O2COOL Treva 10-Inch Portable Desktop Air Circulation Battery Fan - 2 Cooling Speeds - with AC Adapter

O2COOL Treva 10-Inch Portable Desktop Air Circulation Battery Fan - 2 Cooling Speeds - with AC Adapter

I ordered this last March in case of power loss during a hurricane since I live in South Florida. I'm so glad I did. This fan saved me during Hurricane Irma. My power went out around 5pm Sunday afternoon and I turned the fan on. It was on continuously until it needed the batteries replaced on Wednesday morning. That's a long time and worth the price of the 6 D batteries. I bought the 12 pack by Amazon so I was prepared until the power came back on last night. What did I miss most after 4 days without power? Hot coffee in the morning. I can't honestly say AC because the fan kept me fairly cool even though it was 99 degrees outside.

I live in Estero, Florida, just north of Naples and have lost power due to Irma. We are on day four of no power and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I have have a battery operated fan to help us sleep at night. We are still on our first set of D batteries but we have been keeping it on low just to make sure they last. I have another set of ten D's when these wear out. The fan is pretty quiet for those of you that like it quiet when you sleep.

One suggestion for consumers, tape a small zip-lock bag to the back and place a Phillips head screw driver in it because you need one to open and close the battery compartment. If using this during a power outage you would not want to be digging for one should the batteries run out in the middle of the night.

Suggestions for the manufacturer; a slot on the side for the above mentioned screw driver as well as a compartment to store the power cord when it is being used with the batteries. Heck I'd even purchase a little stand separately that was made specifically for this fan if the stand contained a screw driver/space for a screw driver, as well as space for the power cord and battery.

I bought two of these and took them camping and they worked PERFECT! They feel like an actual fan (even on the Low setting) and they are pretty good about the battery life. I used the Amazon basics D batteries because I didn't want to make a second trip anywhere to get batteries. The fans lasted me a 4 night, 5 day trip without having to be changed (granted they were pretty close to dying by the end). I used both fans on high every night (one for me and one for my dog) and we were both very comfortable. If you are looking for the perfect camping fan, look no further this is it!!

O2Cool is the best product out there. Every time I travel abroad I make a purchase of a O2Cool fan and am never disappointed. I would keep the fan, but I leave it for those who don't have a fan in Haiti. This product makes the night without electricity in the Haiti heat more comfortable. Having the option of battery or electric is wonderful.. When there is electricity save your batteries. When no electricity use D batteries. Duracell stands up to the warm climate temperatures and will last up to four nights on the low setting. I take the fan and a top sheet, place the sheet partially over the fan, allowing the back of the fan to draw air, creating a wind tunnel under the sheet to cool off quicker - I call this 'Haiti air conditioning'. It really works - even on the warmest of nights (after a shower) to cool one off for a good night's sleep.

I found people coveting my fan. There are cheaper options that we have tried - but nothing beats the O2Cool fan.

Ran for 9 HOURS on batteries !!! I got two of these units for an outdoor event. I brought a bunch of D batteries assuming this thing was just going to blow through them ( no fan could run for 8 hours, right ?! ). I initially did what the directions said and ran both fans on low, but within 30 minutes of turning them on, my wife set them on High. We were under a popup tent for an event, on a concrete street in 95 degrees Florida heat. After a few hours, we just forgot they were running on batteries, and random people were popping in our tent to steal some air from our fan ( ha ha ). Then at the end of the event, I realized we never switched the batteries, and these freaking fans had run non-stop for NINE HOURS. Both of them, without flaw.

Needless to say, these are going with us from now on. I am super impressed, even more so by what happened the next day. So we got these units home and I took the batteries out of them and ended up putting one next to my bed to run at night since they had a nice breeze. I had this fan plugged in.

Around 10 AM the power went out because of a storm, but this fan kept on running for 5 minutes. I was confused since the batteries were out, and I had no idea how the fan could still be running. Turns out the fan is so efficient that it was literally running off the stored charge in the capacitor in the power brick that the unit uses for power.

I honestly can't get over how impressive that is. NO BATTERIES. NO POWER. And the thing still ran for 5 minutes just off the stored charge in the power brick that was plugged into the outlet... even though everything else in my house was dead !!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • BATTERY-OPERATED PORTABLE FAN. With Treva's 10" Battery-Operated Portable Fan, you can cool off wherever you are. Perfectly sized, it is easy to transport with its convenient built-in handle
  • DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. This portable fan is durably crafted using sturdy plastic construction for long-lasting use with a patented fan blade design which extends battery life while maximizing airflow
  • TWO-SPEED OPERATION. Featuring a powerful 10-inch blade, this fan offers high and low speeds to accommodate your needs. Both settings deliver refreshing air with minimal noise to prevent distractions
  • EASY TO USE. Position fan face down, slide out the battery door and insert 6 D batteries following (+/-) marks. To operate fan using AC power (120-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz), use supplied adapter only
  • DUAL POWER SOURCES. For added convenience, the fan runs on 6 D batteries (not included) or plug it in using the included adapter. Inserting the adapter disconnects the batteries from the circuit

Description

Perfect for indoor or outdoor activities, O2COOL's 10-inch Battery-Operated Portable Fan can be used in the office, at school, on a picnic and especially during a power outage. It operates on six D-cell batteries (not included) or can be plugged in with its AC adapter, features high and low speeds, and boasts a patented fan blade design that extends the battery life while maximizing airflow. Cool by Design, this portable fan is also easy to carry with its built-in handle so you can take the cool with you.



I bought this fan because hurricane Irma was due to hit next week and I knew from experience that we would be without electricity for awhile. Living in Florida air conditioning is a must! But with no air I had to have a fan!
I was extremely happy with my purchase. This fan works better than expected. Runs on 6 D-cell batteries (also comes with wall plug). Real quiet and has 2 speeds. Air blows great.
Now that hurricane is passed, my husband uses it in his car, since the AC doesn't work in it.
Only complaint is even though I paid extra for expedited mail. It took almost a week to get here. With that said, I did order during extreme weather conditions (2 major hurricanes) so I really can't hold it against them....

At home we used this fan (I have 3 of them by now) during the blackout for Hurricane Irma and Maria that hit Puerto Rico in September. The breeze is very good, helped a lot to my baby niece and my pregnant sister to not feel a lot the hot while hurricanes passed through the Island. Fans were used during night specially, around 6-8 hours per day, and batteries lasted around 5-6 days. A good tip is that if you have two of these, use them one facing the other, around the bed/tent for example you make a cross breeze in your immediate surroundings. I used these until last Saturday, when energy came back in my area after 46 days of not-power. I highly recommend these fans, and I am looking to buy another couple ones since energy is not stable yet in Puerto Rico.

Based on a recent camping trip with 90 degree weather and 99% humidity and being stuck in a tent for 4 hours with pouring rain, this fan is a must-have on my camping list! The fan is very quiet and keeps a two-person tent comfortable with flowing air.on the low setting. On the high setting, it gives you a nice blast of cool air on those very muggy nights. I kept the fan running on low for about 6 hours a night for two nights with occasional blasts on high. The fan is also nice on the picnic table to cool things down and blow away the bugs. I did buy two fans (one for my husband and I in the tent) but he was fine with the cool air circulating from mine. I was careful to prevent any rain or moisture from getting on the fan or the bottom where the batteries are. You need a small Phillips (four star) head screwdriver for the two screws for on the battery case. I brought it with me in case I needed to change the batteries, but the batteries were fine for the 18 hours I ran the fan. The fan takes 6 D batteries (not included). I bought a 24 pack on Amazon.

Now, that we are home, I am using the AC adapter for one fan in the kitchen and one by my bed.

The face of the fan does not rotate to spread out the air, but these are great fans for when you want to move the air or cool down.

I love this fan. I bought 5. Two for my parents, one for my sister and two for me. Initially, I bought them for a camping trip in hopes for white noisr (we're a family that can't sleep without fans). I wouldn't say it's as loud as I'd like but it's sure better then the white noise apps or machines. I'd highly recommend these. My husband travels a lot in the summer and now he takes one every time. It's small enough to pack and store. It takes 6 D batteries and comes with a cord. It has a little bit more power with the cord but batteries work just fine. I was worried about the battery life but it lasts pretty long. I used them during my 1 year olds two, two hour long naps and at least 8 hours of sleep for two nights and ibdidnt have to change the batteries.

It's a pretty good little fan, and I've got no complaints for the $20 price. A very necessary item for camping or hiking during hot and humid summer days, when you can't always count on a breeze when you want it. Also makes a rather quiet and conveniently sized fan around your home, car, or office (I've often been annoyed that 120V box fans are so loud, even on their LOW setting). And an important bit of emergency preparedness, providing just a little bit of airflow and cooling in event of grid power failing during hot summer days (hope you've got LOTS of fully-charged D batteries lying around, or a spare car battery!).

On LOW it's pretty quiet, about as loud as a ceiling fan (UPDATE: after two years of light use, the motor has become significantly noisier, much like a card in bicycle spokes). If you're sensitive to noise, it might bother you just a little bit trying to sleep in-front of it. But when you really need it, you probably won't complain...
My only objection is the two screws you have to lighten/loosen to change the batteries. A bit of hassle, that could have been avoided. I wish they had used some other method to hold the batteries securely that didn't require the extra time and tools.

I am happy to see that the AC adapter is 12V (which is very common), even though the 6xD batteries will only provide about half that, requiring more circuitry within the fan. It runs noticeably faster and louder on 12V than on batteries, but nothing dramatic. I also love that the outlet/receptacle on the fan accepts BOTH of the two most common type of DC barrel plugs, making a good connection with either, so a couple of car/cig adapters I've already got laying around work just perfectly with this fan.

Specs on AC/DC wall-wart:

Switching Adapter
MODEL:SUN-1200070
INPUT:100-240V~ 50/60Hz 0.05A
OUTPUT:12V --- 0.7A (positive center polarity)

Measured power consumption:
LOW: 5W
HIGH: 9W
PF: .51

The electronics near the plug (presumably the voltage regulator) gets noticeably warm during operation on wall or car power (but not on battery power). But after a several hours, it still seems to be staying only just slightly warm, so no worries, but it might have been a bit more efficient with a different design.

UPDATE: Be careful about ordering this fan. From several user comments, it sounds like the fan might have been significantly redesigned recently, OR perhaps one (or more) of the sellers here could be passing off a different and wrong product. Be aware.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment