Tuesday, April 2, 2019

T-fal Steam, Ceramic Flat Iron, Scratch Resistant, Anti-Drip and Auto-Off System, 1700 Watt, Blue

T-fal Steam, Ceramic Flat Iron, Scratch Resistant, Anti-Drip and Auto-Off System, 1700 Watt, Blue

T-fal Steam, Ceramic Flat Iron, Scratch Resistant, Anti-Drip and Auto-Off System, 1700 Watt, Blue

I’ve tried a half dozen different brands of steam irons, with little success until I ran across T-fal. Those other brands either produced very little steam, or spit and drained onto the clothes, sometimes leaving stains, and the biggest disappointment was Rowenta, which produced great steam but none of them lastest longer than a year—one quit working after a week!—in spite of being super expensive. Then I got my hands on a T-fal and it’s been a love affair for the last 10+ years. I don’t drain them after using them, I don’t clean them like I should, and yet they perform wonderfully for an average of about five years, and for a very reasonable price. I’ll keep buying them as long as they make them.

I am a quilter. I was right in the middle of a quilt project when my old iron died. As I am housebound I had to order a new iron online and QUICK!
This T-fal is the one I purchased. I don't know anything about them. Had no idea how it would work. It was all a guess on my part.

It arrived within 48 hours of my purchase. THAT thrilled me. Not very much down time for my project. When it arrived, however, it became pretty clear to me that it was a used iron. I had not realized that I had purchased a used iron. The box it came in was taped together all over as if it had been torn apart before and there were no instruction booklets or warranty pages... I was pretty P.O.'d if you want to know the truth. At myself as much as anyone for not paying attention to the fact that it was not new when I bought it.

However, it seemed to be in pretty good condition and I NEEDED IT! Right now! So, I went ahead and decided to keep it. I've only had a few days now. But, I can say, that I love it. It's probably the best iron I've ever had. I'm still worried about not having a warranty...still wish I had the instruction book... etc. I don't usually buy used items. BUT, if it continues to perform as it has over the last few days. I'm good. My favorite part about this iron is the INCREDIBLY long cord. I love being able to move away from the small area I was confined to before with my other iron.

Overall, I'm happy!

Love the lightweight but heavy duty on this iron! I had a Rowenta, and hated it. Got this for a fraction of the price - it's awesome! I piece quilting fabrics so it is always on Hi, and on when I'm sewing. Has an auto shut off that works great. Don't waste your money on other 'name brands' that promise a lot and deliver nothing. And, no - I do not work for T-fal!

This is the second T-Fal iron in the last 5 years, and it is not easy to clean if your tap water is very hard. Here in SoCal, I have to mix 25% tap water with 75% distilled water to avoid calcium deposit build-up. I use only tap water in the first month and that was a mistake. Took me couple of hours to clean with Distilled water and a bit of white vinegar. One last thing, although there is safety switch, do not leave your iron unattended. My previous one caught fire suddenly and glad my wife was near to prevent a disaster!

I have been ironing since my time in the military and have tried numerous types from the supposedly "High End" to the "Ultra High End" steam irons; this iron is, without a doubt, the best of the best of the best!!!! It has all of the outstanding features from the extra long cord (folding no less as the iron is set down), to the ceramic base plate. It glides effortlessly across any type of fabric and makes ironing much less a challenge. It provides superb steam power at the time(s) it is needed whether from a "quick steam" upright to your normal ironing pattern. I was, to say the least, completely taken by surprise with it. It’s just the best of the best that I have ever used; not to mention the superb pricing (unmatched by any other brand or model) through Amazon.com. Even with the manufacturers-only 1-year warranty, I would gladly purchase it again should the unit fail at the end of the warranty period. A great buy even if it unit were double the price! If there is a better, easier unit "out there," I would find it hard to beat! HATS OFF to T-fal for this outstanding, quality-for-the-money steam iron. Thanks! Oh yes, if you are looking to replace your old Ironing Board, the perfect match for this iron is the "Minky Homecare Pro Iron Station" ironing board. I did not find it on Amazon.com but found it at "Hayneedle.com” (Item no. MINK010-1). This is a larger-than-normal board and is, without question, the highest quality, best all-around board I have ever used. It made my search on the net worthwhile in every respect. While on Amazon.com, don't forget to pickup the Brabantia 124662 - 53-by-18 Size-D ironing-board cover with foam insert. Superb pricing to match perfectly this board. In addition while on Amazon.com, pickup a package (2 per package) of the Protective Ironing Scorch-Saving Mesh Pressing Pad #128-2 (Household Essentials). Superb pricing on these items to have available as needed. I hope this review helps.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • CERAMIC SOLEPLATE W/ PRECISION TIP - Consists of an aluminum layer for evenly distributed heat and steam, an enamel layer for easy gliding across different garments, and a precision-point tip for hard-to-reach areas
  • BURST OF STEAM - Ergonomic steam trigger on underside of handle releases powerful burst of steam (80 g/Min.); 1700 W. of power
  • 50% MORE STEAM - Produces up to 50% more steam, making it easy to efficiently remove wrinkles from all types of fabric, including cotton, linen, silk, and wool
  • USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES - Vertical steam for hanging garments; anti-drip system; extra-large water inlet for easy filling; self-cleaning system
  • SAFETY COMES FIRST WITH T-FAL - Automatic shut-off system for safety and peace of mind

Description

The exceptionally powerful Ultraglide FV4017 steam iron from industry-leader T-fal gets ironing quickly moved off your to-do list. With 1700 watts of steam power, the Ultraglide iron uses up to 50% more steam, making it easy to efficiently remove wrinkles from all types of fabric, including cotton, linen, silk, and wool—great for anything from blouses and blazers to work shirts, trousers, and table linen. The innovative iron’s enameled Durilium ceramic soleplate consists of an aluminum layer for evenly distributed heat and steam, an enamel layer for an ultra-superior smooth glide, and a precision-point tip for hard-to-reach areas. Even more, the ergonomic Ultraglide steam iron features an integrated steam trigger located on the underside of the handle, which requires nothing more than a press of the finger to release a powerful burst of steam (80-gram/min). Other highlights include vertical steam for hanging garments or drapes, an anti-drip system to prevent leaks or spitting at lower temperatures, an extra-large water inlet for convenient filling, and a self-cleaning system, as well as automatic shut-off for safety and peace of mind.



I researched a lot of irons to replace my Rowenta Steam iron that I loved. I was not very happy with the reviews for Rowenta for the price, so I decided to go with this one. Every review fpr both irons had several reviewers complaining about leaking soleplates. So far after a month, and I use this iron a LOT, it still works like a dream. Glides, doesn't get gummy, steams perfectly. I loved the Rowenta, but it was old and not sad. This thing has reduced my ironing time by half it works so darn well. Don't let the price fool you. It's a good one.

I have only used this iron a few times since its arrival. There are a few pros and cons that I have already seen from having it such a short time.
Pro: Super light
Uses Regular Tap water
Has extra long 12 foot cord
Stand has the iron tilt back so you feel like it is extra sturdy

Con: Upon the first several uses you get while scaly deposits- probably from manufacture but a buggar for ironing black pants
Since you use tap water you must clean every so often
The push for steam button sure feels flimsy and I am alreay worried it will break as I have to have good creases and this is an essential
There are plenty of buttons on the thing. Why no add one more when it heats to temperature?

So far other than the white speck that have come out of the thing I have not had any trouble thus far. Well, that isn't true. I some probulem wiht it heating the other day. But to be fair my basement flooded and it could have been outlet. It dumped water all ovr my husbands pants but I will try it atagin to make sure it wasn't operator error. H

Updated 1/20-I figured out the on/off switch so I updated/improved my rating by 2 stars. I couldn't find it anywhere in the directions (hence the 4 star review along with some other things below), but if you just tip the iron down like you're going to iron and then place it back up on it's butt again, it turns on. That's it and now that I knew this, it works fantastic for me!!!

Steams so well water shoots out the holes. I tried not to fill it as full and that seems to help, but I can't help but feel like I should be able to fill it all the way to the "max" line and still have it work okay. Love the easycord feature, hate that the dial is so hard to reach. The idea is that it doesn't get bump easily, but I think the dial aspect is the trick for keeping that from happening.
Heats quickly, smooth glide, very nice in the hand, but unless I'm missing something there is no on/off switch. That and the leaking water is the reason for 2 stars or I would have given it a 5. It's annoying, but I won't return it. My husband can add a switch to the cord and the container is large enough that even at half full it has a good life span of steam before needing filling.

at first I liked this iron. But over a short period of time the top part were you fill it keeps coming open, losing steam and spitting water on my clothes. Today I laid it down on its sole and the water leaked all over the place. I do like the fact that it is 1800 watts. and I do like the sole. But now I am on the hunt for an iron.

A little more than a year ago, the old Rowenta iron I got in college longer ago than I want to admit finally died. I looked for a replacement on Amazon and stupidly bought the BLACK+DECKER IR2050 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron, Stainless Steel Soleplate with Vertical Steam & Auto Off because I thought Black & Decker was a reputable brand. That was a huge mistake because that iron took forever to heat, produced no steam but managed to leak like a sieve, and the drips left marks on the clothes so they had to be washed again.

A few weeks ago, I'd just had enough of the Black & Decker. I went to Consumer Reports for their iron reviews so I wouldn't waste my money again. CR recommended this iron so I checked Amazon and saw it for sale at a decent price. I've used it for a few weeks now and have to say it is at least as good as the old Rowenta was in its prime. This iron heats up for cottons and linens in under a minute. It has never dripped. With the steam setting on high, it pumps out steam like a turbine, even without using the manual steam button. The ceramic plate glides over clothes so smoothly that I can finish a week's ironing in no time.

I was skeptical about T-Fal because all I knew about it was a vague recollection of some late-night infomercials for some sketchy-looking cooking products years ago. The only thing that persuaded me to even give this iron a try was the Consumer Reports recommendation, but I'm glad I did. I just hope it lasts as long as that old Rowenta.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment