Friday, June 21, 2019

AmazonBasics Reversible Microfiber Comforter - Twin/Twin Extra-Long, Black

AmazonBasics Reversible Microfiber Comforter - Twin/Twin Extra-Long, Black

AmazonBasics Reversible Microfiber Comforter - Twin/Twin Extra-Long, Black

I bought this in 2016, and am going to purchase another one... not to replace, but because I need two. Mr. Comforter Hog keeps rolling himself into a giant, 280 pound burrito, leaving me to freeze.

The comforter has worked out perfectly, despite the comforter thief. He generates more heat than a million suns, but needs to be covered. I, on the other hand, am generally cold. The way this regulates temperature is wonderful. The Burrito doesn't overheat and I don't freeze. This applies to every season of the year... so we have never had to buy seasonal bedding.

It is comfortable, soft and lightweight. It provides me with just enough weight that I feel comfy and protected.

I've washed it weekly for two years. It has retained its color and shape. There are just a few loose threads that are probably due to three cats kneading... they love the comforter too, evidently.

Oh... and it's affordable.

So, I'm back to buy another.

i do like this comforter, i really do, but it has one issue that causes me to only give it four stars. basically you get what you pay for. you can’t expect some luxurious comforter for $25, but it is very soft and fits my queen bed very well. i actually really like this comforter, and as i tend to accidentally damage them every now and then.. id rather not buy a really nice one for my room knowing i'm probably going to either spill something like nail polish on it or accidentally burn it. so this is good for my needs. i would give it 5 stars BUT it has a major flaw in the stitching. the hem around the comforter that holds the top and bottom together and the thin layer of stuffing inside, it only has one single stitch. you can literally pull it apart if you pulled hard enough. i’m not sure how it’s going to hold up in the washing machine, and i’m certainly not going to put it on a rough cycle!! i’m not even sure how long it’s going to hold up with wear and tear. if I had a sowing machine of my own, I would just go around and add another row of stitching.. which is what i suggest bc i suspect i’ll be sowing this by hand at some point. so other than the single row of stitching it’s a really nice blanket for the price

I bought this for my daughter and it is a perfect starter comforter, the material is very soft and the quality feels amazing. I would recommend this comforter to anyone and I hope that Amazon Basics continues to provide amazing products! The picture I added is after I washed and dried it and folded it, you can see how fluffy it is!

This is my 3rd one of these comforters. The price is good, I figured if they only lasted a year it was a great buy. However, I bought the first 2 over 2 years ago in 2015; the black/gray for my oldest grandson, and the orange/brown for my 2nd grandson. They are a med weight comforter, which is great for my hot blooded grandson as well as the cooler grandson. Also my daughter is able to fit both comforters in her washer at once. Some of the thicker comforters would be too crowded and not wash or dry as efficiently. BUT here is the REALLY BIG DEAL about these comforters.. My grandsons are extremely HARD on everything!!! BUT these comforters have truly stood up to all that my grandsons have dished out. For the first few months, one of the comforters was washed several times a week, sometimes daily, due to bedwetting, ALSO my daughter is regular about changing her household beds every other week, so they are still being washed quite frequently and they have absolutely stood the test! They still look and feel great. The colors have not faded, they haven't lost their shape, no shrinkage, the batting is still in great shape, no pilling, or napping. They come out of the dryer wrinkle free. What more can you ask for? And at this price??? So now that grandson number 3 has graduated into a "big boy bed" I was very glad to find that Amazon was still offering these comforters and I have just purchased our 3rd one, this time in the two shades of blue. My daughter couldn't be more pleased. I am thinking about getting 3 more, (1 of each) just to put away for when these finally do wear out. You can't beat the price for this kind of quality!

I love these, they retain warmth well. I have 2 in different colors that I use year round. The stitching has been completely fine for me. I generally dont like a heavy cover and these are perfect for that. Not too heavy, not too hot in summer but they keep you warm. At the the price point you really cant be asking for much more.

Side note, the burgundy appears a little more red online, when arrived looks a bit more burgundy/purplish? Who would have thought...


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Twin/Twin Extra-Long comforter. Measures 63 x 90 inches
  • Reversible; black on one side and grey on the other
  • Diamond stitching helps keep fill in place
  • Easy to care for: machine wash warm on permanent press cycle
  • Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.

Description

An Amazon Brand.



Got this just in time for the brutally cold weather.
With just a sheet and a basket-weave blanket under it, with this little jewel on top, I'm keeping toasty warm in my bed, with the thermostat set at 65 degrees at night.
It's like an oasis of comfort, just snuggling up with this luxurious feeling comforter pulled up around my neck, and with the blanket underneath tucked under the mattress at the bottom of the bed, I can stretch out and luxuriate at my leisure, and feel like a king in my little hot spot, no matter how cold it is outside, or in my bedroom.
But it doesn't get hot - that's the beauty of it - it just stays exactly right, so that I can completely relax, and feel totally rested.
Before I got this, I struggled at night to stay warm, and keep the bedclothes from getting tossed all around.
Now, when I get up, the bed looks almost like it did when I first got in and pulled the covers up over my head.
I love it!
In the meantime - shortly after I got this, I came down with the flu. I mean, sick as a dog.
And, speaking of dogs, I know that a dog is man's best friend, but when you've got the flu, it's hard to feel much worse. And this little comforter beats a dog, hands down, when you're really sick, and wracked by painful coughing, that just to pull the soft comforter up around your head, nothing quite takes the place of this little jewel - even a dog.

I wasn't sure whether or not to get the King or the Full/Queen sized comforter for our Queen sized bed, but I'm glad I opted for the King sized. Very nice quality and I like the fact that it's reversible. It has a weird smell to it when you first take it out of the bag, but if you let it air out, the smell easily goes away. It isn't too heavy, and it does a good job in keeping you warm. I wouldn't mind buying some other colors of the same brand to have variety.

Its a thin blanket, that is reversible... just what I need. My children are little destroyers. I wanted a blanket that I wont lose my mind over if it gets marker on it. I'm hoping to get several years worth of use out of each one. I have not put them out on their beds year and the one of the edges already needs sewn.

As with other microfiber bed products I've owned and reviewed, the material is on the thin side but feels soft to the touch. Modern microfiber seems similar to high thread count cotton in my experience. I already note that the quilting stitches are coming undone in the part of the cover that gets the most sitting traffic on my bed (I spend a good deal of time daily sitting on the bed watching TV or using my computer in the evenings). This does not bode well for longevity. As for utility and appearance, I have no complaints. Warmth as a comforter is acceptable to me, though far less warmth than that of a similar thickness down throw I own. Not an issue for me, bedroom not that cold and I sleep warm anyway.
After I've had it longer and had a chance to wash it more than a couple of times I'll have something more to add concerning longevity/durability.

This comforter is the perfect size and ooooo sooooo soft. It fits perfectly in my duvet cover and out of the cover. Stitching is strong and its the perfect width. Good for summer and winter. I really enjoy the products that Amazon makes. You guys take the time and energy to make quality, time preserved products. Nothing better than buying a great product, for an awesome price, and it last YEARS. Thanks!!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment