Sunday, June 23, 2019

BLACK+DECKER Allure Professional Steam Iron, D3030, Blue

BLACK+DECKER Allure Professional Steam Iron, D3030, Blue

BLACK+DECKER Allure Professional Steam Iron, D3030, Blue

I have been using Rowenta "pro" irons for 15 or 20 years. During that time I've had four of them. Because the Rowentas have a poorly designed water tank. Every one of them would develop a leak while the thing was standing on the board, on the heel. The tanks split because the adhesive fails.

Those Rowenta were three times the price of this Black and Decker. The features of this iron are very competitive with my recently-failed Rowenta Pro - identical sole plate size, stainless steel, adjustable steam, nice heft (I prefer a heavier iron), good water capacity, well designed cord strain relief. The Rowenta was 1700 watts. This one is 1600 watts. I just got through my first Shirt Ironing Marathon and the B&D did a super job. Smooth glide, good steam (even on the low setting). The Rowenta has hundreds of steam holes and this has relatively few, but even so this did a great job on my shirts.

So now we'll have to see how this one lasts. My last Rowenta is now 5 years old, use it about twice a month, for 12 or 15 shirts at a time. So basically one person.

Amazing~!! inexpensive with A LOT of hot steam! very very steamy.
I need the steam for my products and my sister has a Rowenta steamer that costs $300+ and my rowenta normal iron just does not steam as much or that easily, I had to keep pressing the button and it hurt my hand after a while.
I read a review on this one about it being very hot and with a lot of steam and then the reviews here, some people dont' like too much steam, I do.

I got it, turn it on, put the highest steam setting and it automatically steams with a lot of heat and steam without needing to press the button, but if you do then you have a shot of even more steam.

LOVE!!!!!!!

I wear white dress shirts with a suit everyday for work. I have struggled with irons staining my shirts as I iron them. This iron hasn't done that to me yet. Opening the box the iron looks well made. It has a nice weight to it and seems sturdier than some of the mostly plastic irons I've had in the past. It heats up quickly stays consistently hot throughout my ironing. I usually try to iron 1-2 weeks worth of shirts for work. The instructions are clear and easy to understand. I was able to set my iron for a good setting for my white shirts. The pour spout for adding water is a nice feature. It makes it really easy to add water without any messes. Speaking of messes, My iron has not leaked or stained my shirt yet. I've had this iron for over two months and haven't had a single problem with it yet. I am extremely happy with this purchase and highly recommend this iron to anyone. Good job black + decker!

I've had three expensive Rowenta irons (I sew some) and each and every one of the has leaked to the point where it had to be trashed. Enough! I read the reviews for this and thought I'd give it a try. (Slight digression... It's shocking how many reviews for irons say they leak. I mean, if we can put a man on the moon you'd think...) Anyway, for $28, this iron kind of rocks. The stainless sole plate is as smooth as Rowenta's and in my first test run on a few shirts and a table cloth, it did a great job. Dare I say that it knocked out the wrinkles on the table cloth better than the most recent Rowenta? I do dare! I agree with some other reviews that the water tank is too dark to see the water level easily and "blue" is well, more gray than blue. But so far, I'm happy with this purchase. I'm fussy about irons, so I'll update this when I've had a chance to break in this shiny new toy. Overall, though, if they're all going to leak, wouldn't you rather replace a $28 iron every year rather than a $100 one? Four star instead of one for the almost opaque water tank... but I'm hoping its performance over the next few months will compel me to bump it to five stars.

This Iron will get a lot of use,I Iron my grandson's school clothes,( I am a GRAND FATHER) my own uniform's,my wife's jean's etc,probably 13+ piece's a week,so it will be well tested,I just retired a Panasonic that was faithful for three years,but it did not produce the heat and level of steam this one does,so far it does a noticeably better job and cut's down on time spent especially on my grandson's school pant's,however I have one complaint that keep's it from getting 5 star's,the water level is almost impossible to see,the level mark is on the side, rather than being on it's heel, to measure,and to fill with water,the iron must be sitting flat,it's .
as if the user will only use one tank of water,I do 3-5 pieces at a time,so I use much more than one tank of water,I have tried to find a level I can see with the iron standing up,but it is still very hard to see,I have resorted to using a flashlight to try and see the water level,for the price range I don't think you could do much better.

Why does a grandfather and husband do the ironing you ask,it is a trait I inherited from my mother,ironing and drinking beer are a great stress reliever.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Stainless Steel Soleplate - The durable, heavy-duty soleplate glides smoothly over all fabric types to press out wrinkles in no time
  • Dynamic Steam Technology - The Allure iron produces over 30% more steam* to quickly cut through wrinkles and create long-lasting, crisp results on clothes, linens, and more*When compared to Shark GI405 and T-Fal FV4476
  • Auto Clean System - Keep the iron at peak performance with the Auto Clean system, which flushes out mineral deposits
  • Variable Temperature and Steam Controls - Independent steam and temperature controls give you the ability to customize each setting separately for the best results across all fabric types
  • Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest

Description

Blast through ironing jobs quickly and effectively with the BLACK+DECKER Allure Professional Steam Iron. Dynamic Steam technology generates 30% more steam* for crisp, professional results in no time. Customize settings according to fabric type with the variable temperature and steam controls. Dual moisture control buttons give you the power to blast tough wrinkles with steam or gently mist fabrics to dampen while ironing. Plus, the vertical steaming feature allows you to steam clothes right on the hanger for quick touchups, or steam drapes and upholstery. From ease of use to the quick, professional results, it’s no wonder the Allure iron is from BLACK+DECKER, the trusted name in clothes irons.

*When compared to Shark GI405 and T-Fal FV4476



Very nice iron. Works great. A cleaning tip. I accidentally ironed a delicate material and it kind of melted to the faceplate. So I saturated a folded washcloth with white vinegar and then just sat the cold faceplate on the washcloth, left it for about an hour. Came back and it came off very easily with a non-abrasive scrubby pad.

Had a Rowenta Focus that started leaking water just after the warranty expired (of course). Contacted Rowenta and was pretty much blown off. Saw the B&D Allure had pretty good ratings so I gave it a try. I love it! It's a bit lighter than the Rowenta; steam is fabulous and irons great. A couple of minor issues kept me from giving it 5 stars. It's difficult to see the numbers on the dial. The dial is grey and the numbers on it are silver. I have to shine a flashlight on it to set the temperature. I also have a hard time seeing how much water I've added when filling the reservoir until I place it on it's heel. I like that it has a 2-year warranty (Rowenta has only one). This iron works as well as, if not better than, the Rowenta I had, has double the warranty and was less than half the price.

Fabulous iron! The best one I have ever used! The days of ironing with a spray bottle in one hand are over. It puts out the perfect amount of steam for each setting. It glides smoothly. It feels balanced in hand. It has a large water reservoir. It is not too heavy or too light--just right!. The only cons I can think of are 1)the settings are unclear. They use numbers instead of "cotton, wool, etc.", so that I have to refer to my booklet to know how to set the heat and the steam for each type of fabric. 2) The setting dial is right under the handle so that I frequently move it by mistake with my fingers when I grasp the handle. It's a hassle to have to keep resetting it to the right number.

My creases stay longer now that I purchase this iron. The only down is I thought once you stop using the iron the auto-shut off would shut the iron off, but the light doesn't stop blinking until I unplugged the iron. The last iron I had was a Sunbeam the only reason I wanted another iron because the buttons were worn out and my husband didn't know how to use the worn out buttons. The sunbeam iron would auto-shut off after not using for @ least 20 minutes That was one of the reasons I wanted the iron. But overall its a great iron. I will keep it and look for another one in a year or so. The steam function lets out a good blast of steam.

Not really sure about what's up with some of the bad reviews? Maybe it's because my Wal-mart iron that I bought years ago finally broke and that is what I was used to. Ironed my clothes in half the time, steam is fantastic, skinny tip on front of iron works great for detailing, feels good in the hand. The only complaint that I read that I understand is the temperature dial is hard to read, but not impossible. I highly recommend.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment