Monday, July 8, 2019

AmazonBasics Size 312 Hearing Aid Batteries, 60-Pack

AmazonBasics Size 312 Hearing Aid Batteries, 60-Pack

AmazonBasics Size 312 Hearing Aid Batteries, 60-Pack

I have Widex Beyond hearing aids which I stream my music, phone calls, and tv to. I have tried 7 different brands of 312 hearing aid batteries and these Amazon Basics brand of batteries are by far the cheapest and more importantly they are much higher quality than any of the other brands. They last 1-2 more days than any other brand, and my Widex Beyond hearing aids function with no issues at all with these batteries. I’m 38 years old and my hearing aids are my first set but after using many other brands of batteries, I won’t be trying any other brand. I can’t speak for your hearing aids but mine work best with Amazon Basics 312 Hearing Aid batteries. Trust me you won’t regret these.

What a surprise! I wasn't expecting anything more than average battery life. Maybe I got a new, fresh batch? Or maybe they're just this good, but they outlast other brands I've used (unnamed ones from my audiologist, RayOVac Extra, and Power One) by a considerable amount. I am very pleased with their performance and price! (Just a reminder: Remember to take off the little paper tab on each battery, and let it "air out" for at least five minutes before installing it in your hearing aid.) The only negative I can think of is that the protective paper tabs could be larger;I find them a little difficult to remove.)

So far these batteries are excellent and they are made in America. I wear them 12-16 hours a day and they're good for five to six days.

I've waited a few months to write this. I wanted to be sure to be accurate. I'll start by saying these are the best by far of the three brands I've used. I don't recall the brand that came with my Resound 7 hearing Aids, but they would last 5 to 7 days. The 50 pack from Sam's lasted 5-7 days. These started out lasting at about 7 days or better. After reading many reviews about how long to wait after tearing off tabs, I started waiting at least 15 minutes, instead of the 2-5 minutes usually recommended. Now these batteries last at least 10 days. Not occasionally, but every time for the last 15 to 20 changes. I'll be ordering more of these soon as they are the best bargain I've found.

I have worn hearing aids for over half my life. Buying hearing aid (HA) batteries is a never-ending endeavor. I've bought them from my audiologist's office but they are SO expensive, yet I require them in order to interact with my world. I've purchased them from my local drug store before in a pinch, and unless you can catch them on sale, again, SO expensive.

A few months ago my husband bought some regular AmazonBasics batteries (AA, AAA, etc) and they lasted well, so I thought, "Why not?".

My question now is "Why did I wait so long to try these???".

My regular name brand batteries from the drug store or my audiologist last me exactly 7 days - rarely one might last 8 days. I just had to change one of my HA Batteries today. The last time I put one in was 10 days ago.... TEN. That's three days longer than the ones sitting in the drug store or audiologist's office shelves. The other battery (as I wear two aids, one in each ear) seems to still be going for me... but I'm thrilled with 10 days!

These batteries are packaged in a little box that fits in my hand (pictures), and there are 10 packages of 6 (size 312) batteries. Other brands of batteries that are size 312 are color-coded with a brown header on the card holding the 6( or 8 or 12) batteries and peel off tabs on the back of the battery - these are color-coded in exactly the same way.

Note: in case you didn't know, the peel-off tabs must not be removed until you are going to place them in your HA. Once the tab is removed the battery is activated. If you leave your batteries in a hot car, and the adhesive evaporates due to the heat, your batteries could be prematurely activated and go bad before you actually get to use them in your HA! Hearing Aids have an expiration date (these that I purchased recently are good through 11/2020).

Y'all - I paid less than $14 for SIXTY hearing aid batteries. That's less than a QUARTER per battery!!!!! And it was delivered free with Prime! I didn't have to get dressed and drive into town to the store, mess with expiration dates, long lines to check out.... nope, nope, nope!

I have spent as much as a DOLLAR PER BATTERY at the drug store !!!!!! The ones at my audiologist's office were less than that (about 80 cents per battery).

Will I purchase these again?
Ohhhhh, yeah! For sure I will! I'd be crazy not to!

My purpose in reviewing this and other items is only to provide my honest opinion based on my experience with the item. Therefore, the opinions expressed herein are my own, based on my personal experience with this product and my perceived utility of the product as well as its value for the cost. Also, note that I will not downrate a seller because of my personal difficulty using an item unless it is directly related to something they are directly responsible for, such as their instructions, lack thereof, or manufacturing or packaging errors.

If you have any questions regarding my review, please do ask, and if my review is helpful to you, please consider letting me know by using the voting buttons at the end of the review. Have a blessed day!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Long-Lasting Performance Built for Today's Advanced Hearing Devices
  • 1.45V Zinc Air Technology Delivers Clear Sound Throughout the Life of the Battery
  • 4-Year Shelf Life Ensures Powerful Performance for the Entire 60-Pack
  • Mercury-Free Formula Proudly Produced in the USA with US & Global Parts
  • Convenient Packaging Makes Using and Storing These Batteries Easier

Description

AmazonBasics Hearing Aid Batteries are built for today’s advanced hearing devices. Zinc Air Technology features a mercury-free formula that provides clear sound throughout the life of the battery. This 60-pack of size 312 hearing aid batteries provides long-lasting power for your hearing device. You can be confident that they’ll be ready when you need them with a 4-year shelf life.



These work as well as any 312 hearing aid battery I’ve used. However, the tab to remove the seal tape is substantially shorter than any other I’ve encountered, making it difficult to remove the tab. If you are at all lacking manual dexterity I would order something else.

I recently resurrected my Micro-Tech hearing aids I purchased several years ago and after determining they still fit and functioned for my high frequency hearing loss, I thought I would try Amazons 312's. They work great in my old in the ear aid and last several days. The expiration is in 2021, so I expect them to last much longer than I need them to. I too, have read the study regarding leaving the sealing strip off fro longer than the recommended minute for increased life, but can't really tell if that is valid or not, but I do leave it off for at least five minutes anyway. I also notice that relative to the "R" brand of batteries, they seem quieter in my old analog aids, with the background hiss barely noticeable unless it is extremely quiet. Can't seem to find any reason not to make these my permanent batteries from now on. Thanks Amazon.

I live in a really small town and was buying my hearing aid batteries there. The price kept going up until I was paying about $20 for 16 batteries!!! I was skeptical about buying hearing aid batteries online (cuz they're important, you know?) and especially skeptical about what is essentially a store-brand. I'm glad I tried these, tho, because they are really good batteries. Not just okay batteries, but good ones, and I'll continue to buy them. They last longer than the Duracell's I was getting and I like having 60 of them. I think these batteries are lasting me about 8 days. The other batteries were lasting me about 6, but a lot of times I'd get even less than that.

Anyway, if you're on the fence, try these batteries for yourself. This is a really great deal.

I have been using these batteries for about 5 years and keep coming back, is that a testimonial. These aren't the longest lasting batteries however they are very close. At about half the price are much more economical.
I would have given them five stars but they have to add them to Subscribe & Save before they get 5 stares.

I liked that I didn't have to buy 2 years worth of batteries like the power one's that I used to get. The only negative is that the foil sticker on the new battery is harder to remove because it is shorter. But the batteries last as long as any of the others, about a week. I won't know if there are any duds until I've been using them longer.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment