Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bissell CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum, Green, 95957

Bissell CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum, Green, 95957

Bissell CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum, Green, 95957

This won't be a long review. I have a brand new $600 vacuum that I purchased 3 months ago. I thought it was working just fine but the canister was never full. It still seems to be in perfect working order. No clogs or loss of suction. Good, my carpets are clean. But on a hunch I purchased this Bissel after all the reviews. Here is what it pulled from two small rooms of carpet in one pass. Now please keep in mind, I had just vacuumed with my $600 vacuum YESTERDAY. I think the picture says it all. I will never by another expensive vacuum again. Happy shopping.

Holy mother of SUCTION!! I knew my new Bissel One Pass was being delivered today (Amazon Prime) so in preparation, I vacuumed my living room carpet with my 2 year old Eureka Endevor NLS just so I could see if the new Bissel was any better, since my carpet was now *clean* there shouldn't be anything in the new dump can afterwards. Right? Side note: I have a Persian cat so I NEED to vacuum daily. I'll attach a pic of the culprit that leaves my carpet full of baby soft hairs.
I received the vacuum and assembled it quickly. It was very easy. I plugged it in and went to work on an 8'x10' section in the center, where the main traffic area is. It sucked so hard my carpet was lifting off the ground in the area right around the vacuum cleaner. I'll attach a picture of the new dirt, cat hair and ALL the dust it sucked up from my *clean* carpet. Now I'm so disgusted that my carpet was THAT dirty after I vacuumed it with my old Eureka. The one complaint I have is the hose seems a bit short. I use my vacuum cleaner hose to clean all the base boards and corners and this one seems a little shorter than my old one. If you are considering this vacuum I am 100% happy with the $80 +$5 tax I spent on it. I don't know how long it will last. I sure hope it continues to have such powerful suction like it has now. If this changes I will update this review.
UPDATE: (11 MONTHS OF USE)
I still like how well this vacuum cleans. My one and only complaint is the hose. It is still very stiff. It's shorter than I'd like. It doesn't really matter how long the hose is if you can't extend it because the material is so strong. I use the hose often and when I pull it more than 2 feet , the hose is so stiff that it won't stretch out and the vacuum cleaner gets pulled toward me and the falls over and hits me, or anything around me. This drives me insane!! It's always slamming into my side or back when I'm crouched down vacuuming the base boards. And it won't stretch high enough to reach my ceiling fan or AC vents. :( attention manufacturer: can you use a more pliable material for the hose?! Please and thank you.
PS: I added another pic of my cat since there was a request in the comments.

What prompted my purchase was me, hitting rock bottom. ‘Twas Christmas just over 2 months ago, and ‘twas last week, when I was taking down my Christmas decorations, and jamming my artificial tree back into its sad box, that I realized I had no efficient way to remove the pine needles from the carpet in my living room. Down on my hands and knees with purple duct tape, I realized, this was no way to live. 20 minutes later, I had discovered that some 5-star vacuums do not cost $400 as I had naively believed, and I ordered a brand new purple vacuum to be delivered directly to my door a mere 3 days later. That day was today. And today was glorious.

Beware. The vacuum is delivered in pieces. You will need a screwdriver. (Or a tequila sunrise if you prefer.) At first, I felt frustration at the lack of detail in the user’s manual, but I soon forgave Bissell, as I realized one should never start putting a machine together without first realizing there are more instructions as you flip the page. I managed to put the entire vacuum together. By myself. Because I’m an accomplished adult. Who can read.

I am amazed at what this vessel can suck out of the ground on which we walk inside our homes. My life has been forever changed. This Bissell proves that my mother was right. Vacuuming DOES matter. My entire adult life, I believed that vacuuming was a hilarious joke between true adults to keep children busy and quiet for 15 minutes a week. Had I been properly educated in Family and Consumer Science in middle school, I would fully understand the importance of vacuum cleaners instead of how to sew a pillow. I have yet to make another pillow outside of the 7th grade, and I have no plans to spend any free time doing so. I do however, plan to vacuum on a regular basis for the rest of my life.
These pictures should be used to scare kids straight. Like the “Meth Makes You Ugly” campaign. It works because oh my God, look at those pictures. Those are the “halfway done with my room” and the “all the way done with my room” pictures. I now know that waiting a year and a half to vacuum is equivalent to procrastinating for a year and a half on anything that you should definitely do more often, because well, look at those pictures.

I can’t believe I used to make my friends take their shoes off when they came over. I can’t believe I have done yoga on that floor. (Who am I kidding? I can’t believe my friends and I have sat around in a circle drinking and playing Cards Against Humanity on that floor). I have never been so impressed with a product that I put my binge watching of Parks and Recreation on hold, simply to write a review and let the world in on a secret. The secret wonder that is the Bissell.

I even used the hose attachment to vacuum the stairs and it works beautifully. (I will have to find some other product for the mysterious caramel stain, but with my newfound confidence in adulting, I think I can handle it.) With my Rapunzel locks, it was clear that I needed to clean out the now hair-coated brush, and like the champion I now am, I successfully took apart the hose attachment, cleaned out 18 months worth of hair that used to be attached to my head, and put it back together again. Like a world class Humpty Dumpty. Granted, it fell apart on accident while I attempted to remove the hair, but that did not thwart my success in restoring the attachment to its original state.
I am in love with my new vacuum, and I am excited about our blossoming relationship, which I can only hope is just the beginning of a mutually rewarding partnership in life. Just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Thank you Bissell and God Bless America.

Every Vacuum I have owned has been under $50. I own a dog and the vacuum picked up hair and dirt so I figured it was good. Recently my $50 Bissell Vacuum kept getting clogged by hair and I got tired of unclogging it every 2 seconds. So I bought this one. I read the reviews and the most common review is that there is A LOT OF SUCTION. I vacuumed my whole house today and was amazed and disgusted with how much dirt it was picking up. Mainly how much dirt my $50 Bissell Vacuum was missing. I have never owned a Dyson or any top quality Vacuum so I can't compare this one to that. I can tell you if you're a cheap vacuum owner like myself you will be amazed by the quality. I haven't even owned this Vacuum 24 hours so I can't contest as to how long it will last but I bought the $8 three year insurance from amazon so if anything happens I'm set. As for right now it's a must buy. I hope this review helps make your decision.

Better then our $600.00 vacuum! My father asked me where to find a good vacuum. Since he is 82 I told him I would just get him one on Amazon so it can be delivered. It came and I easily put the few pieces on and began to vacuum. I was amazed at the sucking power as well as how light it was. It went from floor to carpet scooping up every crumb. I loved it so much I go myself one even though we already have a vacuum. My husband agrees it’s better then the one we have. Great price great product.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Onepass technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the initial pass* (removes most surface debris based on visual test BTP0221)
  • Powerful, Multi-cyclonic suction system for a Deep clean, Plus a lightweight design that's easy to push and carry
  • Easy empty dirt bin with large capacity so you spend less time emptying
  • Turbo brush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more
  • Pre- and Post-Motor filter system with washable pre-motor filter for easy maintenance

Description

Looking for a more efficient vacuum? Unlike other vacuums that require you to go over the same floor area multiple times before they vacuum up all of the debris, the Bissell CleanView upright vacuum is engineered with OnePass technology that has powerful suction plus an innovative brush design that cleans on the initial pass. With a multi-cyclonic system for powerful, thorough suction plus a lightweight design that's easy to push and carry, the Bissell CleanView is the perfect combination of form and function. Removes most surface debris based on visual test BTP0221.



This vacuum cleaner was bought as a replacement for a 15 + year old Kenmore that died after vacuuming diatomaceous earth (NEVER use a vacuum to do this! It can ruin the motor).

Pros:
1. Really only takes one pass as advertised. Suction is great.
2. Turbo brush attachment is awesome! Perfect for furniture.
3. Lightweight and not difficult to maneuver.
4. Don't need to fiddle with vacuum bags.
5. The post-motor replacement filters are only about $10 on Amazon and are flavored with Febreeze. That's really all you need to buy for maintenance besides drive belts, but if you're careful (i.e. cut hair/threads off the spinner brush, don't vacuum over high carpet at a low height setting) then the drive belt won't need to be replaced often. The pre-motor filter is washable.
6. This may be an older model BUT it has 12 amp motor. During the purchasing process I noticed that the newer model has a 10 amp motor. Not sure how much of a difference this makes in terms of sucking power, but the higher power, older model was cheaper than lower power, newer model.

Cons:
1. Can't get far under furniture (e.g. coffee table). Either you will hit the furniture with the canister or the spinner brush won't make contact with the floor due to the maximum angle between the floor component and upright component.
2. Hose attachment does not stretch very far. Even if you add attachments to make the hose as long as possible, you will still end up pulling on the vacuum itself to get into corners. Can be irritating.
3. Being bag-free is convenient but be careful emptying the canister. Do not just hit the button or else all the debris will fly up into your face. Either slowly empty the can (and get your hands dirty) or do it outside in your trash can.

I am very happy with this purchase for the price I paid. If the cons don't bother you and you want an inexpensive but quality vacuum, then I would recommend this one!

Overview

Just over two months ago I purchased this vacuum for use in a two-bedroom apartment with both carpet and hardwood floors. This product is ideal for home owners or home renters, especially pet owners. You will find that this Bissell will pull up dirt and hair left behind by a similarly priced Shark branded vacuum, even if done immediately after use of the Shark.

Features

The most notable feature of this vacuum is its clear and bag-less dirt tank. This tank lifts off the vacuum with the press of one button and empties from the bottom, allowing you to simply place it over your garbage and press the release lever to get rid of the contents. The tank also contains a washable filter that can be removed and washed for repeat use.
Secondly, this vacuum has five bristle-height options. These five options allow the bristles to either be lowered for maximum contact with carpet or raised to avoid contact with hard surfaces. When raised, the bristles and suction will continue to run, allowing you to utilize the suction to clean hardwoods or tile.

Attachments

This vacuum comes with three attachments that attach to the hose on the back, allowing for use on unique surfaces or hard to reach corners:
• Turbo Brush
• Crevice Tool
• Upholstery Brush

The Turbo Brush is ideal for use on rugs, or any spots that require extra attention. This attachment allows for faster bristles speeds than you normally get with the bottom bristles, making it ideal for cleaning up spills or any other accidents that may occur. The Crevice Tool is a plastic attachment that can extend your reach into hard to access corners. This tool is especially useful for getting behind trash cans, washers, and furniture. The Upholstery Brush allows you to clean furniture with soft brushes, while also providing suction on the surface to pick up any dirt. The Upholstery Brush can also be used to remove dust from a variety of surfaces.
This vacuum performs as advertised, and at a price point below that of comparable products from other brands. If you choose to purchase this vacuum, it will be a great asset to help keep your household spotless for years to come!

Where to start.....I LOVE THIS VACUUM!

We’ve had a Hoover wind tunnel for the last 10 years, and it’s been a decent vacuum, but it finally pooped out, and wasn’t worth the repair costs.

Some of the reviews I’ve seen mention the vacuum doesn’t pick up after 1 sweeping motion, which is not a huge deal, because seriously, how’s many of us actually only expect to run over an area once? Even with a higher end vacuum I have gone over the area more than once, because I’m anal and ocd about getting ever speck/crum. So people giving it 1 star, because you had to vacuum over the same spot twice, that’s just unfair and stupid!

I noticed my carpets were so much cleaner after using this vacuum, because it actually picks up so well. I also use it in my hard wood floors, and it doesn’t blow the crumbs around like other vacuums I have used.

It’s also EXTREMELY quiet!

ONLY ONE MINOR ISSUE: the hose, even with the extensions, are VERY short, so expect the vacuum to be up your crack when using the hose. This wasn’t an issue for me, because I have a shark hand held vacuum and a shop vac for areas that I can’t reach, or where a hose is needed, but this might be a deal breaker for someone who uses the hose attachments a lot.

For the price, you cannot find a better vacuum! I’m extremely pleased, and would recommend this to anyone!

This vacuum literally has blown me away. I have two very expensive vacuum cleaners and one cost me over $1,500. If anyone owns a German Shepherd or any pet that constantly sheds, will know that we have to vacuum constantly. I did not lose any suction whatsoever as the container filled with hair. This is not a noisy vacuum by any means, but the only complaint that I have is that the hose is a little too short to reach into tight areas. I love the power attachment nozzle. It has taken hair completely off my couch. It is very easy to put together, and I've used this about six to seven times already, and I have had no issues with any parts breaking off.
I definitely recommend this vacuum!

This was Amazon's best seller so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Unfortunately I wish I had done a little bit more research. The vacuum isn't bad, but there are definitely some pros and cons.

Pros: 1) The vacuum is powerful. I have piece of mind that it's pulling up every stray piece of hair and crumbs it finds in my carpet. 2) This is my first canister vacuum and physically seeing the dirt with my own eyes is astounding. Emptying it is pretty simple although sometimes it requires pulling out a dust bunny or so by hand. 3) The vacuum isn't necessarily lightweight, but it's comfortable enough to push back and forth.

Cons: 1) I have two fabric rugs from Ikea and the vacuum is a little too powerful for use on them. I feel as though I have to perform acrobatics by stepping on either end of the rug to prevent the entire thing from being sucked up. 2) The handle is smooth and there is no "hook" on the end. That makes it a little less ergonomic to hold and sometimes I feel as though when I push too hard the vacuum could go flying out of my hand. 3) I didn't realize it until after I received it but I wish this model had a light on the front. My previous model had a light and I found it incredibly helpful when I was vacuuming at night or going into the dark corners of my kitchen and closet where lighting wasn't the best. 4) I personally don't think the canister capacity is that great. I live alone and keep a pretty OCD apartment, but yet the canister needs to be cleaned fairly often.

All in all, I think this is a decent vacuum and I have no intentions of returning it. Were I ready to purchase another vacuum, however, I would opt for a completely different model.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment