Wednesday, July 17, 2019

FoodSaver 1-Quart BPA-Free Multilayer Construction Vacuum Zipper Bags, 18 Count

FoodSaver 1-Quart BPA-Free Multilayer Construction Vacuum Zipper Bags, 18 Count

FoodSaver 1-Quart BPA-Free Multilayer Construction Vacuum Zipper Bags, 18 Count

I have been using this system and these bags for 2 months now. I love it! I read reviews before I bought it, because I have a tiny kitchen but wasn't sure about this type of setup compared to the larger heat-sealed system. THIS WORKS BETTER THAN I EXPECTED based on reviews.

I place an open sandwich bag inside the vacuum bag (unsealed), seal the vacuum bag and then vacuum. The result is that, so far, every one of my bags is still sealing perfectly (I got the idea from a review). I store cheese, meat, vegetables like cut onions, cucumbers: everything I can think of, I try. It really does keep things fresh much longer. Nice for a person that sometimes forgets things are in the frig until I run across them later. No more mystery yuck! Pretty fun!

I put these bags on Subscribe & Save. So far, I have had to skip 2 months of orders since they are lasting so much longer than I expected.

I do like the way these bags work to vacuum seal up perishable foods tightly. My only complaint is that some foods will cause a micro hole in the bag and therefore not seal tightly even though they appear to at first. The air leaks out slowly. So it depends on what you put in there. For example: Coffee beans work great, but ground coffee doesn't. It seems the slightest speck of the ground coffee gets caught in the sliding seal part and loses it's vacuum over time. I tried to seal
my dog chewies like greenies, or denta sticks but the edges poked a teeny hole in the bag so therefore bag did not seal properly. If you save these chewies type products you know how quickly they get hard and stale.
I also tried to reseal a few bags and some worked and some didn't. I guess they are a one time use product so I will not purchase them again due to the cost. They don't come with the gadget to suck the air out, but I had already had one from years ago and it worked well.
I am still giving a 4 star review because when they work as a one time product, with the right food such as rice, they are great.

I used to use another brand of vacuum seal storage bags for leftovers, but they have been discontinued. I was contemplating buying a vacuum heat-sealing machine from FoodSaver, but when I saw these bags, I decided to forego the expense of the machine, and bought a good supply of these bags. They are heavier and seal better than any other bags I have used. Fortunately, the hand-held vacuum pump from the other brand worked fine. If you don't have one of the other brand's pumps, I recommend buying FoodSaver's FSFRSH0051 FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum pump.

I have used the FoodSaver bags for a couple of years and they always seal well. We get larger quantities of for food and split them up and freeze. The result user the FoodSaver is very pronounced when comparing them to freezer bags with zipper, etc. The food comes out even months later as fresh tasting as it went into the FoodSaver bags.

I paid a small fortune for those Debbie whoever bags from QVC only to find that the first batch of bags worked ok (half of the time they lost suction and I might as well have just put the food in a normal freezer bag) but the second set of bags didn't work at all. I don't know if the hole just didn't line up right or what but it wouldn't even suction any air out. I got these Foodsaver bags after I saw another reviewer said they worked with the Reynolds vac. I didn't have anything to seal yet but I wanted to test it out asap (due to some reviewers saying they lose their hold after a few days) so I grabbed some cookies I had just made and threw them in the bag. I'm happy to report that after several days the cookies are just as air tight as they day I put them in there.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • FRESHNESS THAT LASTS FOR WEEKS, NOT DAYS: BPA-free multilayer design is constructed of durable yet pliable material that creates an airtight barrier around foods, extending freshness and locking in flavors
  • REUSABLE AND RESEALABLE FOR FOOD YOU FREQUENTLY USE: Use it to store deli meats, cheeses, snacks, pantry items, and more
  • SPECIALLY DESIGNED TO WORK WITH FOODSAVER VACUUM SEALING PRODUCTS: Compatible with FoodSaver 4400/4840 series vacuum sealers, FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Sealer, FoodSaver Handheld Sealer Attachment, and FoodSaver Zipper Bag Adapter
  • 1 BAG, MULTIPLE USES: Use it when buying in bulk or on sale and storing the extra for later; camping and picnics; pantry storage; storing leftovers; and more
  • BPA-FREE MATERIAL: Safe for storing raw and cooked foods, it's also freezer, refrigerator, microwave, and boil safe

Description

FoodSaver 1-Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags are reusable and resealable bags and perfect for storing frequently used food items like snacks, deli meats, cheeses, and more. Constructed of the same BPA-free multimaterial as FoodSaver heat-seal bags, the bags also protect their contents from freezer burn and spoilage up to 5 times longer than nonvacuum storage methods.



I bought these to go with the hand held food saver for the refrigerator to give away at a Nutrition conference I'm going to be hosting. I will be talking a lot about the Food Saver line and how wonderful it is in preserving food. Even with the refrigerator bags, you can get such stupendous results as I got with a piece of Swiss cheese I sealed in a refrigerator bag and forgot about for an entire year. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that cheese after a full year in my refrigerator in the food saver bag for the refrigerator. However, don't use these in the freezer. They're not made for the freezer and they don't hold the seal in the freezer. They'll do wonders in your refrigerator but these are not intended for use in the freezer.

Same review I gave for the one gallon bags that I bought at the same time as these... These seem to be of good quality. I use and reuse them all the time and they save me money by not wasting perishables in my fridge. Great for keeping foods like cheese, sandwich meats, etc. lasting longer. I especially use them for sliced fresh mushrooms in the small plastic container. The mushrooms last for days longer than before. I just wish these were more price competitive with say ziplock plastic bags which don't give you the reusability but do work in my vacuum saver machine. The price holds me back from just buying on a regular basis.

I used this constantly to save food. I can buy different types of meats when they go on sale and using the vacuum seal bags I can freeze them for months at a time and not worry about freezer burn. I live alone and love to BBQ. It's a pain to grill sausages or hamburgers for one person, plus a waste of fuel for the grill. I grill a grill full of sausages and using the bags I freeze the cooked meats and defrost them in the microwave and they taste like they just came off the grill.

The bags do not come as pictured. They cone in a brown box with a whit sticker. The bags inside are the genuine food saver bags. These are my absolute favorite size. Pretty much everything can fit in a quart size bag. I freeze chicken breasts individually as well as steaks and 1lb of ground beef. I can buy my meats in bulk and use my food saver bags and be the queen of food saving. I purchased 2 boxes and the product inside are as described. You will not be disappointed.

I love the rolls, you can cut any size you want. I have been using Food Saver for about 20 years. This is my second one the old one just wore out from use. I live alone but can buy in bulk and also freeze meals for myself, like stew and soup. it is wonderful for stuff in the frig because it lasts longer. I do avacados and they last a week or so without turning black. Also strawberries last three or four times as long.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment