Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit by Balance, Digital BP Meter with Large Display, Upper Arm Cuff, Set Also Comes with Tubing and Device Bag (BP Monitor New)

Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit by Balance, Digital BP Meter with Large Display, Upper Arm Cuff, Set Also Comes with Tubing and Device Bag (BP Monitor New)

Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit by Balance, Digital BP Meter with Large Display, Upper Arm Cuff, Set Also Comes with Tubing and Device Bag (BP Monitor New)

I bought this monitor because I was concerned about my blood pressure, and this unit was a good price. I have waited nearly two weeks to post my review because, frankly, I really hoped it was wrong. After a few days of tracking high numbers, I called my doctor and got an appointment to see her yesterday. I took this monitor with me, so I could see whether it was reading accurately. The nurse took my bp with their equipment, and then I immediately used this monitor, and it was the same. Both the nurse and the doctor were so impressed, they wrote down the brand name to recommend to other patients! Then I was able to show the doctor the readings from the previous week or so (all still saved by the monitor), so she could see the trend and come up with an appropriate plan of action for me. Thank you so much for making a great product for a great price!
(After reading other reviews, I see someone disparaging the glowing reviews as having received the product for free. I just want to go on record that that is absolutely not the case for me. I researched and bought this on my own, and I am leaving this review completely unsolicited, because I am very happy with the product.)

This company really put a lot of thought into this device and has obviously taken many suggestions into account to improve it over time. Because of this some reviews are not valid for the current version of the device. I bought this in 2017 and can give you an update of what's in the box and how it works.

This device comes with dry-cell batteries and an AC adapter so you can try it out immediately. The dry-cells won't leak as quickly as alkalines do so you can leave them in to preserve the time and memory.

The cuff is for a regular adult person with lots of space for heavier and lighter people than I. There's a mark to align with the main artery for more accurate results.

Unlike many other devices, this one will also report your heart rate. It mystifies me that other companies sell automatic blood pressure monitors but don't report the heart rate. Since these other devices are already recording the heart rate, why not report it? This one does.

It comes with a carrying case so you can throw out the cardboard box.

A handy feature is that the measurements are recorded with the time of day. This is an important variable since your heart rate is naturally different depending on the time of day.

Last but not least, the web site for Greater Goods has lots of extra documentation.

I would have given it 5 stars if they have smaller cuffs available. Although, customer service said they're working on it and even asked for my address so if they already have it, they could send me one. Also, I noticed that once you change the battery, it resets to the default date/time which is quite annoying. Performance wise, it's a great machine to take blood pressure. I love the color coding on the side of the monitor that tells you if it's normal or high.

UPDATE-- Aside from having to reset the date/time once you change the batteries, the machine won't work if you plug it on an outlet without batteries. I once ran out of good batteries and had to plug it into an outlet but didn't work :(

Update 10/10/17 - Late post! Received a smaller cuff last August! They really listened to customers suggestions and I really appreciate that they sent me a smaller cuff at no cost at all. Excellent customer service!

I purchased this product because I was tired of having erratic blood pressure readings. At times it was normal (120/80). Other times it was 155/105, 132/100, 118/78, etc. I wanted to be able to take readings at home at proper times and get a better idea of where my blood pressure is so my doctor and I can come to terms about what I need to do. My latest reading at a doctors office was 143/85, and this machine says I’m at an average of 141/85, so I think it’s pretty spot on. For the value of this little device, I highly recommend this to anyone who is wanting to monitor their blood pressure. It’s easy to set up, shows you wear to place the cuff on your arm, and even displays if your blood pressure is good, elevated, or high. It also gives your pulse, and the reading only takes about 15 seconds. I had no discomfort in my arm using this, which I sometimes get at the doctors office when they do a manual reading. If you’re concerned about your health, please get this to help ease your mind and assist you and your doctor in a plan of action!

I purchased this to monitor my daughters b/p, at first I didn't think it was working properly. I was contacted by the seller but didn't follow up due to my work schedule. Well low and behold, my daughter was having HTN problems after given birth, we used the monitor, it was most crucial in her monitoring her pressure. We ended up in the Urgent Care Center with the exact numbers from my machine. The accuracy of the monitor was a life saver. She was given a second medication for her HTN. We had a second visit to the Urgent Care Center a month later due to HTN problems again for my daughter. Again medications where changed due to HTN. Now on 3 blood pressure medications. This device saved my daughters life twice, she lives alone and does not always have symptoms to alert her of her high blood pressure. I have just purchased a second monitor for her to keep with her at all times.
Thank you greater goods!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • THE RIGHT CHOICE: Our blood pressure monitor plus kit comes with everything you need, made easy to use.
  • THE FEATURES YOU NEED: 2 power sources, one-size-fits-most cuff for your blood pressure monitor.
  • BACKED BY REAL SUPPORT: The friendly team at our St. Louis headquarters is here for whatever you need.
  • MADE THE RIGHT WAY: Your blood pressure monitor purchase should have a positive impact on all the people involved.
  • PAY IT FORWARD: A piece of your purchase helps Love146 fight trafficking & care for survivors.

Description

Goods Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit by Balance, Digital BP Meter With Large Display, Upper Arm Cuff, Set also comes with Tubing and Device Bag (BP Monitor New)



The Balance Blood Pressure Monitor kit was impressive from the moment I opened the Amazon box. The product packaging is clean and simple, the product comes with both batteries and a power adapter, the carry case is large enough for everything to easily fit back into. The user interface is also clean and simple - buttons are big and easy to press, the display has good contrast and large numbers, the hose connection is solid and the hose is a reasonable length. The cuff has several inches of adjustment and has placement/adjustment instructions printed right no the cuff. The simplicity reminds me of an Apple product.

A great user experience is nothing if the product does not do what it is supposed to do. I took it to a doctor visit and compared against the BP that the nurse took. It was within a couple of points on both BP and pulse rate.

My only nit pick is about battery usage. I had been running on batteries for a couple of weeks with no indication of low batteries. I was away from home for a couple of days and had not brought the power cord. When I turned on the monitor it showed low batteries and would not take the reading. The nit pick is that there was no indication of low batteries until they were too low to operate.

4/18/2018 - I received this item today along with wrist cuff one (same company). It is small and compact. Love all the features. Despite the reasonable pricing, it is a very good quality product with good construction. Plus, the cute and nice packaging. There is even a small line message on the pull tab to make opening the box a lot more pleasant, "Pull This Tab - You are one of hundreds who will do this today. That adds up to make a big difference. Learn how inside". The reason I have decided to support this company, because of the founder's video message, and the cust-care's attitude when replying back to the customer. I have decided to keep the box, because all the happy messages inside the box.

You can call me a big sucker on packaging and branding. I am an average consumer, but truly value great packaging with sincere marketing. I tried it and it has the same reading as what I have in the past. More updates will follow, if any. The cuff takes a bit of time to adjust. I am surprised my arm is not as big as I thought (hahaha) when using the cuff.

It does come with 4 AAA batteries and a plug for outlet.

I am a physician and have had all kinds of BP monitors over many years. I needed to replace my personal monitor after the previous one died. I looked at the reviews and the information provided before deciding on the Greater Goods BP monitor. One selling point for me was that it can be powered by direct current or batteries, since my previous one died due to a battery spilling inside it. I am very satisfied with the product, it is easy to use and the numbers are easy to read. Thankfully my BP is normal and I was happy when the big numbers read 120/70! It looks like the customer service is good, I have received emails twice offering help if needed.

Cuff length is a little long, (top to bottom, not length) but efficient. I'm a 5' 1/2" F, so the cuff covers my entire upper arm. Upon calibration, Systolic was accurate, Diastolic consistently 10 points high, and HR was accurate. The cuff gets very tight - a heads up to those who hate this and refuse BP's at their doctors offices because of this. If your 150 and under, and you have thin arms, this cuff is too big for you. I'm just above 150 and have chunky upper arms. There are lots of cuff sizes: small adult, regular adult, long adult, large adult and large long adult. I'm a long regular adult. But if you use regular or below, this would be too big for you, therefore you would have an inaccurate reading. Measure your arm first before buying. Overall does what I need it to do.

I'm a Physician with Hypertension. I have been using an Omron 5 Series for >10 years so thought I'd try THIS unit and the new WelchAllyn units. I'm very very very suspicious of BP devices as to take a true BP is not that easy. This unit is incredible, as is the WelchAlly ($99 or so). This unit is small, easy to use, and all 3 units I have been testing now measure within 3-4 mmHg of each other so I deem that to be accurate and valid. What I DO wish this unit would do is: (1.) Take 3 reading automatically then average them. It WILL average the last 3 reads, but, it doesn't re-take or re-read the BP automatically:you must push START again to do so. (2.) Upload all data to a spreadsheet like on an iPhone or an app for saving and / or sending to my doctor. All in all, I am very impressed. Just my two cents.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment