Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive, Crisp Linen, 90oz

Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive, Crisp Linen, 90oz

Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive, Crisp Linen, 90oz

I have needed something like this for a long time, and am happy to stop using hot water and (hopefully) sanitize my towels, sheets and underwear. The reason for four stars is because of the inconvenience of using it correctly- I have had to watch the washer to catch the rinse cycle and pause it for at least 15 minutes, since, according to the directions, 16 minutes minimum is required for effective use. My fabric softener dispenser is too small to hold the recommended amount as well, and my washer's rinse time is quite short. Many reviewers have indicated that they ignore these directions and use it with detergent in the wash cycle. However, I fail to see how they can know it works, judging only by appearance and scent. I needed to know and contacted the manufacturer: " In response to your inquiry we cannot recommend any deviation from the usage directions as it may interfere with the product's efficacy. This product will provide limited softening effect, so you can dispense the product in your fabric softener dispenser. " So..... if you're not using it in the rinse for 16 minutes, you're throwing your money away. Unless your bacteria is visible . . . I add a little fabric softener before I re-start the rinse cycle. I would switch to an unscented version in a heartbeat, but as a scent sensitive person, I cannot smell this unless I bury my face in the towels. I'm guessing anyone with issues may be using too much. I have also had not skin issues, and have sensitive skin as well.

Dear god, please don’t ever stop making this liquid nectar from the heavens! This is the best invention for laundry since Gain Pods! I’m so happy about this! It makes washing my Dogs beds, blankets, toys, towels, etc. (all three of them) every week so much easier! I looooove it!

If you have kids, pets, a weakened immune system or just enjoy having incredibly clean towels, sheets, or clothes...this stuff is the stuff to do it!

Works wonders on my sons offensively smelly socks and workout clothes. In the past, I've had to soak the socks and clothes in white vinegar to get rid of the smell but this does the trick. I feel like it's getting rid of the smell instead of just masking it. It leaves a mild fresh scent but not an artificial smell. I put it in the fabric softener receptacle of my washing machine and it gets added to the rinse cycle. Highly recommend.

Really like this product. Wish it were a little cheaper than would give it five stars. It brightens and whitens up your laundry as if you used bleach but without the bad effects of bleach. I need to sanitize my husbands bedcoverings and I love how everything is coming out smelling great, bright and soft. I feel using this product will definitely delay the time between buying him new bedcoverings which can get expensive. Even though I use the blue disposable bedpads I really like to keep his bedding clean and fresh. I would recommend this to any caregiver. I will buy again. Update: still keeping everything fresh. I am glad this product was created. Really destroys odors but the smell of this product does not linger on anything for those sensitive to smells like me.

Do I know if it’s working? No not really. I don’t have a way of testing the bacteria on the clothes, but with a baby in the house and tons of poop on clothes, it’s worth it for me. Hubby brings home all sorts of bacteria on his work clothes as well and this product gives me peace of mind. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering. I read another review that said sweating in clothes that have been treated with this product will cause a skin reaction...not true. Hubby sweats a bunch in his work clothes and has no problems. Even the baby has no skin reactions to this product.
Many of the linens in our house do not allow for washing in warm or hot water (which would naturally eliminate more bacteria). This product works wonderfully at eliminating the musty smell and getting a better clean. Examples of these linens: our bathroom towels (weird I know), our mattress protector, the shower curtain, and the memory foam bath mats.
For my he washer, I put to caps filled to the bottom line in the fabric softener dispenser and select the fabric softener setting. This automatically does the additional soaking period for the time required and works on all wash cycles in my machine. Overall, the peace of mind this product offers is enough for me to keep buying it.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Kills 99.9% of bacteria like Staphylococcus Aureus & Klebsiella pneumoniae, simply add to rinse cycle
  • Contains 0% bleach, works even in cold water
  • Gentle on most fabrics including whites & colors
  • Works in all standard & HE machines
  • Suitable for children's clothes, gym clothes, underwear, towels, bedding & delicates

Description

Our clothes are in constant contact with bacteria throughout our day-to-day activities, for example through contact with contaminated surfaces, other people and our own bodies. Bacteria can spread from one fabric to another in the laundry basket, from the washing-machine drum to the next load. Some of these bacteria can survive following the wash cycle. When it comes to certain laundry loads such as children's clothes or sportswear, you want to eliminate bacteria that may cause illnesses and create lingering bad smells. But detergents alone don't actually kill all bacteria. Introducing Lysol Laundry Sanitizer, an additive specially designed to kill 99.9% of bacteria in laundry*. Simply add Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to your rinse cycle. It does not contain any chlorine bleach and even works in cold water so is safe to use on most fabrics including whites, colors and darks.



So I purchased this item simply for sanitizing our family's laundry, was not expecting anything more from the product. However to my amazement I unexpectedly did GET MORE from this product. I had a comforter that unfortunately got bright blue ink on the front of it about 2 inch long, right in the center of the comforter. I attempted several times washing it with numerous different stain removal agents, with no luck. I decided to donate it to our local Goodwill, however wanted to wash it one last time before donating it. Washed it using same laundry soap as I did with the previous washes however wanted it to be sanitized before the final goodbye, so I added some Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive. Washed it then tossed it into the dryer; upon getting it out and folding it up something was different.......the blue ink was completely GONE!!!! I thought I was seeing things so I had my 15 year old daughter come look it over, thinking I must have missed it somewhere. Well she confirmed my eyes were correct it was completely GONE! Needlessly I will not be donating it just yet!

Love this product. Has gotten mildew smells out of towels and long term arm pit odor on t shirts that other products weren't doing a thing for. This price is also MUCH better then what I was paying at the store. I ordered 3 bottles and run in in every loads liquid softner cycle. Highly recommend!

I had read that hot water and soap doesn't disinfect laundry so I was really intrigued when i saw this advertised. I was able to use an online coupon to save $1.00 (major plus) and couldn't wait for it to arrive. It has a strong disinfectant smell to it, so I was worried at first that it may leave that odor on clothes/towels but it did not. One negative is that you pour this into the compartment for fabric softener, this wasn't an issue for me because we use the downy balls but may be an issue for others. Aside from that I absolutely love it and use it every load!

We have all had a load of laundry that looked clean, but the small told us otherwise, right? Most of the time, that funky odor is from germs left in your linens and /or clothes. I'm a retired OR nurse, so I'm a bit of a clean freak. I light knowing that my laundry not only looks clean, but IS clean. And it's not clean if its riddled with microbes. I use this in almost every load, and find that it works equally well on all types of fabric. It has not damaged any fabric, not even my delicates. I'm especially careful to use in my grandson's laundry, as he wrestles, lifts weights, plays football on high school level. Locker rooms and wrestling mats are breeding grounds for microbes. Since using this product, he has had no viral or fungal skin infections ( a frequent problem for athletes ). Highly recommend!

This is a nice addition to my laundry. It makes the clothes smell nice and makes me feel better knowing they are sanitized after wearing them to the gym. My only issue is that it has to go in the rinse cycle for about 15 minutes. The compartment on the high efficiency machine is barely large enough to fit the product along with softener. I also don't know how long my rinse cycle goes for so I don't know if the product sits in it long enough.

I have figured out a way to use the product to sanitize my laundry, however it does use more water. I put only this product in my main wash compartment and put the machine on the Soak Cycle. This soaks and slowly spins the clothes for about 20 minutes. I know that the product stays in there for the time needed for it to sanitize. After the soak cycle is completed, I then wash it like usual on the normal rinse cycle. It isn't much of a hassle anymore now that I do it all the time, but it would be better if there were an easier way to do it.

In my household, I'm the only one who does this extra step because of my dirty gym clothes, but everyone else likes to add it to the wash for the fresher smell. It is cheaper than the scented beads that you can buy for the wash. Overall, it really is a great product that I've been using the past year and will continue to buy in the future.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment