Saturday, July 6, 2019

YnM Weighted Blanket (5 lbs for Kids, 36''x48'') | 2.0 Cool Heavy Blanket | 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads

YnM Weighted Blanket (5 lbs for Kids, 36''x48'') | 2.0 Cool Heavy Blanket | 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads

YnM Weighted Blanket (5 lbs for Kids, 36''x48'') | 2.0 Cool Heavy Blanket | 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads

I am 5'4" and weight 137 lbs. I chose the 15lb blanket based on the recommendation that the blanket should be 10% of your body weight plus 1 to 2 lbs. For several years now I have had trouble sleeping. I tend to wake up at least 6 times a night and it takes me up to an hour to fall asleep even if I'm tired. I find that when I use the weighted blanket I wake up less often and I fall asleep faster. I also tend to have a lot of nightmares for some reason as well, but that has also decreased since using the blanket. I am very sensitive to warm temperatures (can't even sleep under the same blanket as someone else or i get too hot), so I was worried that the blanket would be like a sauna. To my delight, unless i go to bed stressed and riled up, the blanket keeps me at the perfect temperature. I love my blanket! I'll honestly probably end up buying the 25lb one at some point though, because the 15lb is nice but isn't as heavy as I expected it to feel. I want it to be like I am being hugged and squeezed. If this is what you are looking for as well I suggest getting a blanket that is at least 5 lbs heavier than the weight recommended for your body size.

I’d read the great reviews for this and was hopeful it would help increase sleep time and comfort, and wow! Before I received this weighted blanket, according to my Fitbit, I was averaging about 4.5 hours of sleep per night due to pain. My first night with this blanket and I slept over 7 hours!! Same for my second night. This is so comfortable and comforting. I’m recommending this to everyone I know!

I never write reviews but thought I should after buying two of these blankets! I haven’t slept through the night for almost 6 years, thanks to a difficult pregnancy and baby. It trained my body to only sleep a couple hours at a time. I tried everything, and am shocked that a weighted blanket worked so magically! From restless legs, insomnia, anxiety, it is an instant fix! I have it draped over me while I write this and it feels amazing!

Update 9/4/18: Because I love this blanket so much, and did feel I could use more weight, I ordered a 2nd blanket less than two weeks later. The new one is the same excellent quality, but arrived in a different shade of gray, so I've posted a picture so you can see the difference (and that the squares are 6" as stated). The 1st one was a neutral to slightly warm mid-tone gray, the 2nd one is a more blue toned gray (I'm sorry I couldn't capture the exact colors, but you can see the difference). Fortunately I am using them on top of each other, but if I had wanted to use them side by side I would have been disappointed. I'm bringing this up because if you will be using them side by side, I recommend buying them both at the same time since the fabric may come from different dye lots.

I do love the extra weight, and don't find the 30lbs to be too heavy for me, but it definitely makes it warmer, so I have to leave the fan on or turn down the thermostat to stay comfortable in the summer. It will be great for winter!

Original Review:
I have always loved the feeling of heavy blankets and comforters piled on top of me, but it's too hot in the summer to do that. I was thrilled to find that a weighted blanket was actually "a thing", and I can use it in the summer without getting too warm! After looking at many weighted blankets, I chose this one for the great reviews on the quality, the price, and that it had glass beads instead of plastic for the weight.

I originally wanted a 20lb blanket, but due to the price difference, and the fact that I didn't even know if I would like it, and with the idea I could add another blanket for additional weight in the future, I went with the 48"x72" 15lb.

It feels heavy when you handle it, but it is not at all uncomfortable to sleep under. In fact, I think I am sleeping much better, since I often wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, and that hasn't happened since I started using this blanket about a week ago.

The blanket itself is a super soft cotton, and the beads make no noise at all. The weight seems to be evenly distributed and the quality is excellent. It comes in a very nice box that would be a lovely presentation if you are giving this blanket as a gift.

At this point the only con I can see is that it must be dry cleaned, but since I use it on top of a sheet, that shouldn't be a problem. All in all this blanket has been one of the best purchases I have ever made!

This is the BEST purchase I have ever made. I have been an insomniac for years and have never successfully been treated. Even with many doctors appointments and medications. NOTHING worked! On top of that I have RLS (restless Leg Syndrome). I thought I would give this blanket a try since it was "weighted" and when I am in pain with the nerves in my legs and can't sleep for so many reasons I always want weight on my legs and body. This product is not advertised for RLS but it absolutely should be! I have had my blanket for three days and I have been basically sleeping in a coma like state!!! Its is the soundest and best sleep I have ever had in my life. And the comforting weight on my legs and boy just eases those RLS symptoms and drifts me off to a sound sleep!!! It is so hard to describe the feeling of peace and comfort the minute you lay it on your body. I actually ordered the 15 pound blanket for my weight and height because I wanted the extra weight just in case. I decided to go ahead an order a second one if I have an emergency situation and need even more weight on my legs...This product is phenomenal to say the least!!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The original YnM weighted blanket offers great all-natural sleep help for adults and kids by offering the gentle sensation of being held to encourage deep, healthy, restful sleep
  • YnM own the ability to produce a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to comfortably surround your body and form to your shape while you sleep and the MORE glass beads & LESS fiber fill design offers better temperature control
  • Choose the blanket that weighs about 10% of your body weight plus one, 5 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 40 lbs. A weighted blanket is supposed to on the top of the mattress and should not go over the edges of bed; when using with children or seniors, ensure the individual has enough strength to move the blanket off themselves if necessary
  • Each compartment has a glass bead sewn into place to prevent movement and noise while you're resting & provide soft, evenly-distributed weight that gently conforms to your body
  • 100% Customers Satisfaction is guaranteed. In 3 years, if unexpected damage happened to your YnM weighted blanket, we can provide free mending (not include shipping label)

Description

Why YnM:

1,YnM provide the most sizes, weights and colors of the weighted blankets, including classic COTTON, luxury BAMBOO or sensory MINKY weighted blanket and various duvet covers. Optional fabric and the covers make the blanket all the more personal, allow you to choose not only your color or pattern, but also the fabric and feel as well. YnM is customizable to be the precise size and weight you are looking for!

2, We are the pioneer manufacturing company of weighted blanket who bring this amazing thing from institute to everyone who needs better sleep. As experienced and professional manufacturer of weighted blanket, we keep on developing updated manufacturing technology. We keep on developing superior quality weighted blanket at a better price.

3, Customers satisfaction is our first priority. 100% product satisfaction is guaranteed. No hassle return.


The heavy blanket helps relax your body by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged, making you fall asleep faster and sleep better throughout the night..

Note: Please don't use it on pregnant woman or your little ones or people who can't move the heavy blanket themselves



As somebody who finds it difficult to fall asleep at night, or even tends to be overwhelmed with stress and anxiety, you just stumbled across an incredible product and great addition to every cozy situation. One of the best ways to reduce the effects of stress and anxiety is with comfort. In a world with many options and alternatives, finding the perfect product to do this can be difficult. With YnM’s weighted blanket, you’ll be able to feel more relaxed in your own home and get more of yourself back.

Comfort is a key ingredient of the YnM weighted blanket. For many, blankets are a great start and a go-to for comfort. Based on experience and months of use, this blanket is a top of the line product regarding comfort. This product offers breathability, flexibility, and the perfect weight to help you relax. Additionally, it is customizable to be the precise size and weight you are looking for! Because of this, you can be certain no alternatives will match its comfort.

Another great feature of the YnM weighted blanket is the variety of styles. There are styles for any room of the house, or even for on-the-go. Optional covers make the blanket all the more personal, as they allow you to chose not only your color or pattern, but also the fabric and feel as well.

So, the comfort and style are astounding, but what about the quality? YnM has clearly made this with you in mind; aside from being customizable to your style, it also has stood the test of time. The durability of the blanket ranks along side top designer brands. From the day you first open the packaging, you will feel and see the quality and know you made the right choice.

Comfort, style, and quality; these are all things you expect and deserve when purchasing a blanket. While the YnM will give you this, there are other benefits as well that you can’t get with a normal blanket. The weight is very relaxing and stress relieving. You’ll be able to fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and rest more efficiently. For all these reasons and many more, the YnM weighted blanket outweighs the qualities of any other.

In the end, it is up to you to decide what is best for you. In a world with thousands of products, and many more being invented each year, you are constantly changing and so are your standards. This product will not only exceed your standards, but it will also give you one of the greatest benefits in life: peace of mind, stress relief, and the quality product you deserve.

 I absolutely loved both blankets that I got from YnM and I would definitely recommend it for anyone who has a hard time calming down their nervous system and falling asleep. If you have racing thoughts or unease when going to bed, something about the extra weight distributed around your body really helps calm those feels down and adds this interesting feeling of being protected. The blankets are super high quality and I really enjoyed the texture of the glass beads as stuffing instead of poly pellets. Overall these blankets are less expensive than I see with other competitors so I think it is definitely a worthwhile purchase for anyone dealing with symptoms of anxiety, depression, adhd or just people who want to have a better quality of sleep. Would highly recommend!

I have struggled with chronic fatigue for months. After recently being diagnosed with some health issues that cause me to have restless sleep, I felt so hopeless. I emailed the company and chatted with them about shipping times and their product. They were prompt and helpful. The blanket came much faster than expected and is excellent quality. I highly suggest it for anyone who likes sleeping under heavy blankets, has anxiety or sensory issues, PTSD, or restless leg syndrome. It’s awesome! It has little ties to put a cover on, too! Now if only I could get my dog to stop stealing it. Lol!

EDIT: I purchased this blanket in September 2017, it is now January 2019 and the blanket looks like I just took it out of the box yesterday. I have not purchased the duvet cover, and use it pretty much every day. (It is sandwiched between my regular down blanket and my quilt, but still.) I'd definitely purchase this blanket again!

This product arrived exactly as it looks in the company photos here. They did want me to sign for the package though, and wouldn't leave it at my door so I had to get it from the post office. (I personally wish I knew this beforehand, hence why I'm putting it in my review.) They also aren't kidding when they say you shouldn't open the box with scissors, because the blanket is very tightly packed and you will most likely cut it if you use scissors to open the box. (I used cuticle nippers.) Anyway, this blanket is lovely! Last night was my first night using it and while I'm still figuring out exactly how my body likes to use the blanket (for example I found out I don't like having my feet and ankles under it) I really like it so far! My cat is also inexplicably drawn to it and has constantly been sitting on it. It's dry clean only, so I think I'm going to get the duvet cover to protect it as well. The photo I put up makes the color look almost purple, but that's just the lighting. It's a nice dark gray with blue undertones. I have a queen bed and ordered the 60x80 and you can see it almost covers the whole thing, so this would really be perfect for a full size bed. I know it's scary to order something from a third party seller that's this expensive, but the blanket really is perfect and exactly as described. Stop debating and get it!

I bought this blanket at my husband's suggestion. I like the weight of a lot of blankets on me, but not the resulting sauna. This blanket absolutely provides the right weighted feel for me. But it will retain a fair amount of heat; I've woken up a sweaty mess on more than one occasion. I didn't buy a cover, preferring to use it atop a plain sheet. Which is a good thing, because I think it's dry-clean only (picture of tag included, because it made me smile).
I'm overall very pleased with this purchase. But it will retain heat, and you probably should have a sheet or cover with it unless you enjoy the idea of dry cleaning.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment