Friday, August 30, 2019

Zinus 1.5 Inch Gel Memory Foam, Twin Mattress Topper,

Zinus 1.5 Inch Gel Memory Foam, Twin Mattress Topper,

Zinus 1.5 Inch Gel Memory Foam, Twin Mattress Topper,

This is literally the WORST piece of foam I have ever owned and let me tell you why. I had an extremely busy night ahead of me -- I had to wash the car, do the dishes and take the dog to the groomers. This came quickly in the mail (Amazon Prime's prompt and convenient 2 day delivery) and put this topper on my queen size Zinus Extra Firm iCoil mattress. I figured I'd just test it really quick and make sure it's comfortable. What happened next is that I immediately fell into a 4 HOUR SLEEP COMA. It was so comfortable and supportive that I was instantly swept away into a land of dreams and slumber. I was awoken by my irate wife who was loudly asking why the car wasn't washed, the dishes weren't done and the dog was sprinting around the back yard covered in mud and grass clippings. So THANKS A LOT ZINUS for ruining my night and potentially my marriage.

I love this topper. I bought it several months ago to try and relieve my terrible hip pain. I'm a side sleeper and had developed bursitis in both hips. I can thankfully say that after sleeping on it for the first few weeks my pain started to subside. Now many months later I have zero hip pain. What a life changer. Not sure how it will work for you but it did wonders for me!

First off, I've had this topper for about 3 weeks now and it seems to be a good quality product. The memory foam is great and the 2 inches of regular foam (although its the cheap type you find on egg crate toppers) really seems to help. As mentioned previously, there is a chemical smell but I don't find it necessarily disruptive or overbearing and it dissipated quickly. This thing is also heavy for what it is, which made me feel like it was better quality than a previous topper I had. I have a queen mattress and it fits the dimensions perfectly as expected. I also haven't noticed sleeping hotter than usual and I'm a hot sleeper.

This part is more about my mattress than my topper but I want to write it with the hope that it can help someone else in my situation: My bed was a 17 year old hand-me-down. I was sleeping horribly and had back pain (even though I'm only 23) but couldn't afford a new mattress. Mine was simply way to soft and would put me in a hole in the middle. I thought that this topper might help add some support to the middle of the mattress but this was not the case. It simply emphasized the problems I was having. Of course, this isn't the toppers fault and I knew it was a stretch for this to work but I was desperate and had to try. Having a soft mattress made it impossible to roll around or even move with this topper on. Since the bed was soft and slightly sagging, the topper never seemed to lay on top of the mattress correctly.

Eventually, I convinced myself to go to Ikea and buy a cheap foam mattress ($250 for a Queen) that was very firm. I put the topper on and was amazed because with the firm mattress you barely notice the memory foam as compared to my previous soft mattress. I would say that if you have a very firm mattress, you may want a topper with more memory foam. If your mattress is medium or soft, this is perfect and more memory foam would likely be too much. After the first night with this setup my back pain was entirely gone. I'm convinced it's due to the combination of the topper and the firm mattress. I wrote a lot more than I intended on but I hope this helps someone.

I did a lot of research and cross compared about 50 different products at least before choosing this one as being the best for cost for quality. There was no odor, it was not overly heavy and it arrived quickly. This is for the guest room so although I prefer soft I picked this as a medium firmness. I tested it out and I am tempted to get another for my room. The difference to how my back felt in the morning was great.

Night 1: This is the greatest thing ever, with not even a molecule of exaggeration. The mattress I must sleep on is so beaten flat and firm that I was having terrible back pains from sleeping on it every night. It's a futon mattress I don't want to replace, so I got this as a bandaid because the reviews said it was "too soft," which was exactly what I needed.

I hemmed and hawed about getting the 2 or 4 inch model. Also, there were also reviews saying it breathed so poorly that people would wake up in pools of sweat. Ultimately I decided I would get the 2 and if that wasn't enough, or if it was too hot, I'd get a featherbed to throw on top of it for the extra fluff and breathability. I'm happy to say that shouldn't be necessary. 2 inches is all I need to feel like I have a new mattress.

I'm so relieved I don't have to buy a new mattress for a crappy old futon, OR dread getting in bed at night. I'm back to looking forward to it.

UPDATE Night 35 or so: Everything is still good. I should have mentioned the mattress didn't smell like it was radioactive. At this point I have no issues with the mattress, though now that I've had it for a month I'm a little used to it. I don't exactly dream of going to bed, but I can confidently say my problem is still solved. I couldn't ask for more.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rejuvenate your mattress with cool gel memory foam for ideal comfort and support
  • Green tea extract and castor natural seed oil naturally eliminate odor-causing bacteria
  • Only the highest Quality memory foam - memory foam is CertiPUR-US certified for durability, performance, and Content
  • Worry Free 5 year limited Warranty
  • Available in Twin, Full, Queen, King

Description

The Zinus gel memory foam 1.5 inch mattress topper will enhance the comfort your mattress with cooling and comfortable memory foam support. A cover is not included as our memory foam topper can fit under any standard fitted or deep-pocket fitted sheet. Zinus memory foam replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil, and includes natural green tea Extract and all natural active charcoal to help absorb moisture, eliminate odors, and keep your mattress topper fresh. Please open your mattress topper package within 72 hours of receipt and allow 48 hours for your new mattress topper to return to its original, plush shape. Worry free 5 year limited warranty. Another comfort innovation from Zinus.



I'm so, so, so glad we bought this! It makes an old mattress feel new again, and has really helped with my back pain. Highly recommended!

I've been researching memory foam mattresses and toppers for months now, and it seems like all the reviewers either love a product or hate it. I finally just gave up and bought this one. It came in yesterday, but I didn't unpack it until this morning. I figured (from all I'd read) that the stink would be unbearable and at least this way, it could air out all day while I was at work.

Well, I unpacked it, and it immediately assumed the proper shape--no creases, no thin spots, no weirdness. (Granted, mine is only a twin size...it could be that larger pads would be more tightly folded.) And there was absolutely no objectionable odor of any kind!

I put in on the bed, put a fitted sheet over it, and laid down....ahhh! Can't wait to sleep on it tonight. Yeah, so it's a little early to give a five-star review, but I was so prepared for disappointment that I couldn't resist. I'll report back as time goes on...

EDIT: Okay, it's been a month now, and I still love it. I actually sleep at night instead of spending the night tossing and turning and trying to get comfortable. I will say that it's a tad warm to sleep on, especially now that it's summer time. I solved that by laying on top of the comforter...may try putting a mattress pad on it for a more permanent solution.

EDIT: It's been a year now, and I still love it. It does not sag at all, and the two layers are not separating. I don't understand the people with those complaints. All I do is rotate it end-to-end occasionally. Very comfortable!

Super comfortable. It does smell when you first get it. I sprayed it with fabreeze and let it air out for a day and it was fine. It solved my problem. I was having hip and shoulder problems because I am a side sleeper and my mattress is too firm. This has truly helped and I don't think I am tossing and turning so much. I wear a fitbit watch that tracks my sleep and I can see how often I would wake up. The first few nights sleeping on this pad my sleep tracking showed that my times waking up was cut nearly in half. I also stay in deep sleep longer. I was only getting up 34 minutes a night in the deep sleep stage now I am hitting the normal range of deep sleep at about 1.5 hours a night. I am very happy with this mattress topper. I have no idea how long it will last because I have only had it for about a week but I will update this review as time goes on.
Update Ive had this topper for about a year ..... It's still held it's shape and it still feels amazing to sleep on.

I don't always write a review on items I buy but this item has gotten some pretty bad reviews and I almost didn't buy it but honestly I'm glad I did. One there was absolutely no chemical smell at all period , two the layers were not separated and still are not after some 20 days of sleeping on it. The only thing I will agree with is that it does run a little small , but I have a areo air mattress queen size and it does fit it perfectly! I bought the memory topper because if you have ever slept on an air bed you know that it is cold so you do need a topper on it , I could hardly wait for my topper to arrive and to be honest I was a little worried given the bad reviews over the smell and the layers being separated but I was over joyed when there was no smell or layers being separated . It has been extremely comfortable! More comfortable than other mattress toppers I have had , after the first night I was in love with it I don't think I moved all night , no pressure points at all and after 20 days I'm still in love with it. So please don't be afraid to buy this mattress topper it is a great price and what I hoped for.

Made a world of difference. I was given a mattress set that was not very old, but it was also not very high quality and it was not one of the thick , pillow top sets. This pad made all the difference. I sleep much better. There was a slight odor because of the new foam, but opened the pad and let the blue gel side air out first and flipped it over the second day so the more dense foam could air out. Most of the odor was from the white more dense foam. All of the odor was completely gone in 48 hours. I had no problem with the pad. There was no tearing or separation of the layers while I was placing it on the bed. I put it directly on the mattress, then have a mattress pad and then the sheets. Highly recommend.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment