Monday, September 9, 2019

Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B

Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B

Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B

Great little machine with good suction. Two tips, when the head starts getting clogged with debre use DAWN dish soap. First put the Dawn on one side while holding it at a angle while the water heats up at your sink. After 3 or 4 minutes flush that side of the nosel from where the suction begins for a few minutes the flush through the hose part that attaches it self to the machine then repeat those steps for the other side. After doing this suction was back to brand new. Lastly simply emptying the dirty tank will not get rid of the smell if you are cleaning up say animal accidents. At the bottom of the dirty tank is a black removable gasket. Remove this and be prepared too be disgusted. There is always a sludge build up in there even just after a few pee pee clean ups. Rinse the gasket itself and the holes it fits into smell is then gone. Make sure to replace the gasket in the right position there is a small cut out on the gasket itself to guide you. Also only use DAWN dish soap others we tried did not work at all. Be careful when cleaning the head not to burn yourself. Hopes this helps

I’m very impressed with this little thing. I bought it because I have an area rug in my living room that my little a-hole rescue dog has had some accidents. It’s gray with a white pattern and the white parts were getting pretty gross. Most stains have come up in one pass. For the grosser ones, I spray them down before I take the pass, and they generally come up pretty easily. A couple of things to note: (1) the clean water/ solution tank and the dirty water tank have openings on opposite sides. The clean tank opens on the bottom. The dirty tank opens on the top. I spilled dirty water the first time because I incorrectly expected symmetry. (2) the fill tank can only hold so much. You can overfill it a bit, but if the water level raises above the handle intentions, it triggers an overflow valve and it will spill everywhere. (3) you’re going to need to order additional solution. The little bottle included will lot get you very far. And speaking of that little bottle: the instructions on the back say to use two capfuls. I have no idea what cap that’s referencing because that would only be a couple drops and you’re not going to get anything clean with that. I go by the “solution” market line on the tank. (4) the included instructions are terrible. The diagrams are not helpful and I pretty much figured it out on my own. That said, it’s not difficult once you just look at it.

Does a great job.

I read a lot of ignorant reviews.

1. Empty between uses.
2. It only gets things as clean as soap and water will.

A friend has had one for years with great results.

Used it to revitalize a sofa.... great

I use this product weekly for pet messes and I find that is does what it is supposed to. I am a bit concerned about how long it will last.
My two issues are that it is extremely loud ( louder than my vacuum cleaner) and that there is no way to clean the area inside the nozzle-

I have a Big Green machine that's probably almost as old as I am, so I was hoping I this more portable version would save me the hassle of taking the big machine out for small jobs.

I'm very impressed by the Little Green's performance , both on small jobs and slightly bigger tasks. It's taken the milk and snack stains out of my carpets in seconds, removed a pet accident completely with no odor or stain remaining, and removed stains from my car's seats and carpets that I couldn't get out no matter when I tried! I've also got all of the dirt/stains out of my microfiber couch and recliner with just a bit of elbow grease. Not bad for stubborn stains more than 4 years old!

The machine is ready to go in under a minute. Seriously, all you need to do is unscrew the formula tank's cap, pour formula to the fill line, add warm water to the second fill line, replace the cap and pop the tank back in. That's it. You're ready to go.

Cleaning the machine out afterward can be a pain. Mostly because you really should rinse everything out between cleanings to prolong the machine's performance and life (as the person who gave me their 20-something-year-old Big Green machine told me) and after cleaning, say, your entire car, the thought of cleaning out the machine afterward is annoying. This is mostly my laziness talking. Rinsing everything out really shouldn't take much more than 5 minutes.

Overall, the Little Green has impressed me with its effectiveness and ease of use. It's small enough to store it easily and doesn't feel like a big chore to pull it out and get it set up.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Compact deep cleaner for small and large clean-ups. 48 ounce dirty tank capacity. Hose Length: 4 feet
  • Strong spray and suction remove tough stains and spills; cleans and helps dry in 1 step
  • Parts made from post-consumer recycled plastic; PVC-free tanks and hose
  • Tough-stain brush attachment included. Power Rating : 3 Amps. Heatwave Technology : No
  • Measures 9-1/10 by 18-4/5 by 13-1/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty

Description

Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Deep Cleaner

Strong spray and suction contains at least 50% recycled plastic. 3 inch stain tool helps you scrub stains away.



Dimensions:13.8 pounds Check for suction at the back of the unit after removing the hose where it attaches to the back of the unit. If there IS suction at the back of the machine with the hose removed, follow these steps: Unplug the unit from the outlet. Check the Pre- and Post-Motor filters for debris. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The Pre-Motor Foam Filter is square. You can find it in a pull-out tray under the Dirt Tank. The Foam Filter may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Reinstall the filter when it’s completely dry. The Multi-Layer Post-Motor Filter is rectangular. It can be found on the side of the machine. *Note: The white Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter isn’t washable. Make sure the Dirt Tank is empty. Check the Upper Tank for build-up or clogs. If it needs to be cleaned, use a short, Phillips-head screwdriver and take off the separator plate with a cloth (can be dampened with water or mild detergent). Replace Dirt Tank. Check for good suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If there’s good suction, make sure the hose is connected firmly to the lower hose on the back of the vacuum. If there’s no suction, check the hose for splits, cracks, or clogs. Make sure the Brush Roll is rotating. If it isn’t, take the access plate off and examine the brush and belt for damage. The access panel can be taken off by lifting the four tabs on the bottom of your machine. Clearing Clogs Detach the Upper Hose from the machine. Insert a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction through. Remove the screw from the left side of the Lower Hose on the back of the unit. Straighten this section of hose by pulling it down or laying the unit on its side with the lower hose towards the top side. Look through the hose for any obstruction. Use a broomstick to unclog the hose. Power Source - Corded



I am absolutely obsessed with this thing. I wish I had more rugs to clean 😂 an OCD cleaner’s DREAM, seriously. And if you have pets this is an absolute must. No spray on carpet cleaner in the world is going to get your carpet/rugs as clean as something that actually sucks the dirt/spills/stains up and out of the material. It really is that simple. This thing is pretty user friendly. I avoid reading instruction manuals at all costs but I did look over the setup on this one to make sure I wasn’t missing anything and it wasn’t a big ordeal at all. Only 2 complaints are about the attachment - 1) there are some spots that are impossible to reach and clean out after using it, so that’s a little annoying, and 2) because the little attachment head thing isn’t clear you can’t easily see while using it when it’s done sucking everything that’s there (in the carpet) up and know it’s time to move on to the next section. I didn’t take any stars off for these because it doesn’t hinder its effectiveness and honestly if it bothers me that much I can probably buy a different attachment for pretty cheap. Overall this thing is amazing and I would (and I have) recommend it to literally everyone.

This spot cleaner works well, but my issues are, that the hose is too short, which requires a lot of bending over, and the other issue is that it has no wheels, making it difficult to move it from one place to another. When the tank is full, it can be too heavy and awkward to carry. A half tank of water and solution is more than enough to clean my apartment, which makes this cleaner reliable for my needs. Good purchase.

This machine did a fantastic job on my living room area rug. I recently paid $100 for a carpet cleaning company to come and clean my 5×9 rug and then my dog continuously peed on it. I definitely think this machine did better than theirs, as the water came out black and it's only been a few months.

With four dogs and a cat, a mini carpet cleaner is a necessity in our house. I have had a few different versions of this cleaner, and have decided this is the best one. The newer version that is taller and rectangle in shape doesn't do the job like this one. I have also had the one that heats the water. I thought that was the cat's meow; love that machine. But after reading a review on Amazon about how it only increased the temperature 5 degrees, my thought was it's not worth the extra money. This little guy is doing our pet family good. We had a puke fest in our living room a few weeks ago and it picked up the entire mess with no problem!

If you are like me, I always read reviews and don't want to get anything complicated. So this machine is simple and works great. My only complaint is that, since it is so small, you have to fill the water tank frequently. As well as the machine works and, as portable as it is, that is a task I don't mind. I originally got it to clean my living room furniture. Let me just say, I have dogs. It was INCREDIBLE the amount of yuck that came out of my couches. Quite embarrassing I would say. I also have fabric seats in my vehicle and that was another satisfying task. I know there was some complaint about a hose. I can't respond on that as I've only had mine a couple of months. However, its already paid for itself so the rest is just bonus in my opinion.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment