Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor - Platinum Series, 5.5" - 8.5" Cuff Size- Batteries Included

Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor - Platinum Series, 5.5" - 8.5" Cuff Size- Batteries Included

Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor - Platinum Series, 5.5

I’m a nurse and have been testing this regularly. If you are laying down on your back flat with palm up and hand relaxed, the reading will be perfect, even better than the arm cuff. While sitting up it is more tricky, need to bend your elbow so that the machine is at the same level as your heart, although keep your hand away from the chest, just need to be at the same level height as heart. If you do that the BP will still be accurate, but laying down on your back with arms at your side on the bed and palms up and relaxed is 100% accurate from what I’ve seen.

I am a large armed younger woman and getting my BP taken at the Dr's really stresses me out. I worry about the cuff popping and the tremendous pressure which really shoots my BP up. This last time my blood pressure was so high the doc prescribed me Clonidine and gave me an order for a BP cuff from a DME company to keep track at home. To purchase a digital machine with a large enough cuff even on Amazon was more than $100 so I chose this wrist cuff instead based on the reviews.

I took this to my Dr's to see if they were calibrated and it is spot on accurate. Even better it doesn't hurt like the arm cuffs do. I'm thankful for this product for the price, the ease of use, and because I was able to show my Dr. I don't actually have high blood pressure which gives us both peace of mind.

I LOVE the Care Touch wrist BP monitor. I rely on it in a busy nursing facility and it gives accurate readouts without fail. I work the night shift so having the backlight is bonus because I don't have to wake patients by turning on the overhead light to read and record the results. Nothing can be done about patients who don't sit still or who continue to talk while I'm trying to get a reading, but that is NOT an issue of the monitor. After purchasing and returning at least 3 other monitors, including a very expensive Omron, I purchased this item as recommended by a colleague. The Care Touch brand is quickly becoming the gold standard in our facility and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

This is an amazing sphygmomanometer. Unlike most sphygmomanometers which increase the cuff pressure above and then slowly go down, this one is very fast because it is able to measure pressure on the way up. That means that as soon as it has inflated the cuff that the pressure reading is available. As a retired medical doctor I have never seen anothert blood pressure measuring cuff that can measure on the way up and thus be very very fast. Accuracy seems excellent. My only thought is that this uses Triple-A batteries instead of double A but it seems to be very efficient and use very little power. This is the best wrist sphygmomanometer that I have found and thus strongly recommended. The price is very competitive also.

My BP is all over the chart, I have trouble with keeping it high enough
that I don't pass out! Every time I feel dizzy I take my BP and when I go
to drs I bring it and he can adjust my meds accordingly!
Easy to you, put it on wrist and press button and wait! Simple


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • LARGE LCD DISPLAY with BACKLIGHT - Easy to read large display. The back-light makes it easy to read even in the dark.
  • IRREGULAR HEARTBEAT INDICATOR - If an irregular heartbeat is detected the irregular heartbeat symbol will show up
  • MEMORY FUNCTION - Memory storage with date and time stamp allows you to review the last 60 readings with a touch of a button.
  • FAST READING - Less than 1 minute response
  • GUARANTEED - We are confident in our product and therefore guarantee it. If for some reason you are unhappy with it we will take it back. (Within 1 year from purchase)

Description

Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor - Platinum Series, 5.5" - 8.5" Cuff Size- Batteries Included



If you want accurate readings, make sure you not only set it correctly, but you follow instructions for accurate measurements. On several occasions, I've compared this product's reading immediately with an EMT's reading of a manual sphygmomanometer and it's accurate. Additionally, make sure when you set it up that you choose the pressure unit that you want - blood pressure is usually measured using mmHg, but there's an option for kPa. Also, make sure it's snug on your wrist about 0.5 to 1 inch up your arm from your wrist - since my wrist is small, I wrap it around the smallest part then slide it up my forearm a bit so that it's nice and snug. Make sure the monitor is on the inside of your wrist, that you've been resting for about 5 minutes, and that you bend your elbow so that your wrist is at the same elevation as your heart (lay your forearm across your chest if you want). These instructions come with the product.

I bought this because every time I go to the doctor or dentist and they check my bp, it's high - either borderline or really high (it's been as high as 160/90) - and I get sent home with a warning about high blood pressure and that I need to exercise, eat healthy and lower stress; maybe consider bp meds etc. The thing is, I do all of these things (except meds), and if I get my EMT friend to check my bp, it's fine - there's nothing to indicate that I'm unhealthy except for these bp readings at the doc office. I've told them that I get anxiety around medical professionals (ie, the proverbial white coat syndrome), but they just kind of roll their eyes like I'm stupid. As it turns out, checking my bp daily with this product, I actually have ideal bp most of the time (typical reading is 100/60) - the only time it's high is when I'm at the doctor/dentist or otherwise under extreme stress. Very small price to pay for peace of mind.

This is neat little gadget. Love the little carry bag also. However, it is a bit too small for my husband's large wrist so the accuracy is off a bit on him. We had a nurse come and show us just how to use it; which made a big difference. If you don't follow directions exactly you could get a misread. It was fairly simple to set up and easy to use. You must turn your wrist up towards the ceiling, and best if you prop your arm at chest (heart) level making sure to keep your wrist turned up. I didn't know this the first time. If you have a rather large wrist, this might not work as well since it can't fit the way it's designed to fit. Therefore, we have to return it for that reason alone.

This blood pressure monitor for the wrist is very easy to use, and extremely accurate. My previous monitor was all over the place for the readings, but this one is spot on! I tried it at the doctor's office following their wall-blood pressure monitor, and it was an exact match. The CareTouch automatically saves the readings in a history. It's comfortable--it doesn't pinch or "smash" your wrist when it's measuring. Also, I have quite a small wrist and it fits just fine. Love the nice storage case too, and the large, easy to read display.

Purchased the wrist bp machine for my husband when he was surprised with the diagnosis of high bp. It arrived promptly; he uses it every day for now so he's much less worried about it. He did say that depending on where he placed it made a difference in readings, so he is now following instructions to the T. The Care Touch Wrist Blood Pressure monitor was very affordable and is of good quality.
I would recommend this product.

This is the best home BP monitor I have used! So much simpler to use than the cuffs that go around the upper arm, and are difficult to position properly by yourself. I bought this because my arm cuff was reading too high compared to my doctor's office as well as the cuffs I would use at the drug store or Walmart, which were all consistent with each other. This one is much closer to those, and gives me peace of mind that my BP meds are working well. It is easy, quick and painless. Just follow the simple directions and make sure the cuff is at the level of your heart--that's easy to do if you rest your elbow on the desk or table in front of you and hold your had with the palm facing you so the cuff is positioned half-way between your elbow and your shoulder. Batteries seem to last a long time--I have had it about a month, am using it daily and am still on the same batteries that came with it. Very, very pleased with this purchase.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment