Thursday, October 31, 2019

Zinus AZ-GTFT-150T Mattress Topper, Twin

Zinus AZ-GTFT-150T Mattress Topper, Twin

Zinus AZ-GTFT-150T Mattress Topper, Twin

I am naturally a skeptic about reviews, particularly when I see too many good or bad reviews posted close together with ambiguous names/titles attached. This one is real. I have a 20 year old Stearns and Foster mattress. I am likely in need of an upgrade but want to invest some time, energy, and money into a nice upgrade. In the interim, I wanted an inexpensive fix. Found it. For the first time in I can’t say how many years, I was able to sleep flat on my back without moving all night. Foam is great. It really helps reduce movement from other person in bed. Description and positive reviews are on point as far as my experience goes. Really, SO inexpensive @$50, how could one go wrong? You can’t. I also added a $50 “Home Sweet Home” pillow topper (sans bugs, stains, and hair per other reviews) and the “Sleep Restoration” gel pillows (sans mold per some reviews). Look past some of that negativity and take a risk on some great deals and great sleep.

Honestly shocked. I purchased this topper without any expectations.

1. Because it's cheap.
2. Because I've never bought an item like this before and had no idea what to look for, what type to buy, etc.

Like I said above. I'm shocked. I am using this in conjunction with the Beckham luxury plush topper/pad and my bed feels better than it did brand new. I can't believe it. The plush topper is also an incredible value. Definitely recommend buying them both together.

I bought this to put on the mattress that came with the tent camper. I had limited space when the trailer was closed so I didn't go thicker than 1.5". It made a very good improvement over the original mattress! I bought one for each bed. It can be used on top of an air mattress, giving additional comfort. It arrived as promised, on time. It unfolded easily and I followed the instructions for allowing it to air before putting a mattress cover and sheet on it. The grand kids loved the comfort also so it was a winner for us!

Unexpectedly suprised on how awesome this Green Tea Memory Foam topper feels under these old bones. I am 100 percent satisfied! It fits perfectly on a RV short queen bed.

When you get a good one of the Zinus green tea all memory foam topper, it's the best thing EVER. Seriously, it's like floating, best back relief I've ever had.No pressure places, no hot spots, no kinks. Every bone and muscle just relaxes and decompresses. I would recommend a good one of these all memory foam toppers to anyone (and I have often). And yep, it's gonna smell at first, might even be a really strong and chemical like smell. BUT THE SMELL DOES FADE, and eventually it GOES AWAY. Seems to take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to dissipate (depending on how patient you are in letting it air out completely before you put it on your bed and cover it with bedding.)

My experiences with acquiring these particular 1.5" green tea memory foam toppers has not always been great. The first one I received looked torn, used, and even had dirty footprints on it (gross).
The 2nd one was perfect, phenomenal, I didn't (and still don't) ever truly want to sleep on any bed without one.
Then I ordered another one for a friend (who had previously complained about back problems). I just sent it to him directly from amazon in the mail (despite his protests). I told him try it for one month and then if he hated it, he could put it on his guest bed for when I stay over. Of course, it is still on his bed today. He later reluctantly confessed that this topper has spoiled him for all other beds when he travels.
Another friend had suddenly started walking around like a slow moving old man (which he's not), complaining of pain, and trying every under the sun to ease this new back issue. Of course I told him about the 1.5" Zinus green tea topper. He heard me, then ordered it and was blown away how such a simple little product could ease his pain so much. Next time I saw him he was all smiles and thanks.

This week I ordered another for the bed I sleep on now. I ordered the very same 1.5" memory foam topper that I'd had all the above experiences with. But today when my order arrived, they'd not sent me my beloved 1.5" all memory foam topper. Instead, they sent me a 3" dense foam topper with only 1" memory foam (not what I ordered). The feel is quite different than the 1.5" all memory foam (what a difference an extra half inch of memory foam makes). There is just not enough memory foam atop the stiffer regular foam to give the same feel as sleeping on one and a half times as much memory foam. Amazon returns directed me to contact Zinus customer service, and then Zinus told me to contact amazon. Round and round we go in frustrating circle. Too much work (as would be trying to pack up the now expanded 3" topper and carry it to post). I still would recommend (to anyone and everyone, the 1.5" green tea topper), and I still wish that is what I was sent, but I do not want to go through anymore circular conversations and inconvenience in order to get what I had originally ordered. The cost of the topper is not worth the level of inconvenience I've already been put through. I am now instead trying to get used to the feel 3" one (but to me, it is simply not as comfortable as the 1.5"). No more time will be spent on this.

If you can get a good one, those 1.5" all memory foam green tea toppers totally rock. Every human should sleep on one of these for a week, you'll never go back to just a mattress again. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of mattress you have underneath (unless it's really concave), these things make every mattress better. Just get a good one, the 1.5" are great.

IMPORTANT TIP: When you do place it on your bed, make sure to put it right under your fitted sheet (don't put any sort of padding or padded cover over it that will weigh it down). You'll get the most of the lovely memory foam feel if it is right under your bottom sheet. Happy floating and sweet dreams!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rejuvenate your mattress with 1.5 inch memory foam for ideal support and comfort
  • Green tea extract and castor natural seed oil naturally eliminate odor-causing bacteria
  • Only the highest Quality memory foam - memory foam is CertiPUR-US certified for durability, performance, and Content
  • Worry Free 5 year limited Warranty
  • Please allow up to 48 hours for your mattress topper to fully expand and for any potential odor to dissipate

Description

The Zinus green tea memory foam 1.5 inch mattress topper will enhance the comfort your mattress with conforming, supportive memory foam. A cover is not included as our memory foam topper can fit under any standard fitted or deep-pocket fitted sheet. The latest evolution of memory foam, biofoam replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil, and includes natural green tea Extract and all natural active charcoal to help absorb moisture, eliminate odors, and keep your mattress topper fresh. Please open your mattress topper package within 72 hours of receipt and allow 48 hours for your new mattress topper to return to its original, plush shape. Worry free 5 year limited warranty. Another comfort innovation from Zinus.



The 5 star reviews describe our experience with this topper perfectly. King size came in a medium sized box, folded and rolled. Ours popped into shape *immediately* with no creases, tears or odor. If it wasn't a full two inches yet, it was puffed enough to put it into service right away, as my large frame did not sink through. How do I know this? Because we have one of those terrible Sleepy's mattresses where the pillow top collapsed into twin pits, and we hated it, but it was a floor demo so no warranty recourse. We flipped it over to the bottom where it says plainly "NOT A SLEEP SURFACE", yet was better than the other way. Mega firm though - think padded plywood. This topper has been the best possible solution - feels like an expensive firm bed again. The "press the hand" test shows it to be real deal memory foam (unlike an entire foam bed I purchased over the internet once - what a disaster getting that back in the box, it took three people and two vacuum cleaners!). Couldn't be happier at the moment, hopefully we get several years of performance out of it. Like I said, I'm a big dude and I can collapse an inferior product pretty quick, but this looks to be quality material. The vent holes must be working because it is the "dog days" of summer and we haven't noticed any change in bed temperature with the topper.

OMG! This is the best thing in my life! My mattress was causing me to wake up with an aching back and I couldn't stand it anymore. I went on a search and found the Zinus 3 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress Topper on a Lightening Deal. I took the plunge and I am so glad I did! This thing is a dream. No smell or problems with packaging. I will recommend buying a non-skid rug mat The Original GORILLA GRIP Area Rug Pad, Made In USA, Available in Many Sizes, For Hard Floors (2' x 3') and sheet fasteners The Nyche Designs Adjustable Bed Sheet Fasteners Suspenders, Black, Set of 4 to help keep this one the mattress. The first week it kept sliding around by morning but with those two additions it now stays in place.

I got this because my IKEA mattress was too long for the IKEA bed it was supposed to fit. So I needed something 4" thick to sit between the frame slats and the mattress itself. This works really well! Sleeping is very comfortable. Very pleased with the overall performance.

NOTE: you have to be gentle and take care when you move this or lift it. The foam can tear if you're too rough with it, and that's just the nature of the material. Mine was tear free when I first unrolled it, and when I first placed it on the frame. Then when I needed to lift it off and put it back on, it tore slightly in one spot when I gripped it too hard. Just need to be more careful.

Also note: I've had this for a month or more and there is still an odor coming from it. I haven't had it in a super ventilated area so that may be part of the problem. After you unpack it from the shipping box & plastic, if you can leave it in a well ventilated spot for longer than the suggested time I would do it to really allow it to "breathe" and clear out the smell.

 Edit: Just over a month in and I love it! My camera lens is quite damaged so the photos and videos aren't the best quality, but I think they still capture the overall idea. I have noticed that on one side of the topper the green material is separating from the cream material, but it hasn't affected the comfort of using it. I bought it because the mattress I had was too slim to the point where I could feel the bed frame underneath it when I sat on the edge of the bed. Also, the mattress was supposed to be 6 inches, but never quite got reached that height. This mattress topper has been the perfect remedy to those issues! I highly recommend it.
Disclaimer: I've only been sleeping on this mattress topper for a few nights, but thus far, it has been exceptionally comfortable! It seemed to do most of its expanding after several (read: 5-6 hours); I know the package came with a note that indicated that it may not fully expand until it sat out of the box for 72 hours, but I was so excited to try it out that it didn't sit out nearly that long. I did not find that it came with any particularly harsh scents, and there was no damage to the mattress topper (or even the packaging) whatsoever. The only con I have identified at this point is that it is not quite wide enough to cover both sides of the bed completely. It is thankfully long enough, but it is a couple inches short width-wise. I don't consider this a big deal though and am satisfied overall with the product.

bought for motorhome sofa bed. works great you don't feel the center bar in your back/

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment