Sunday, November 3, 2019

Bentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box - Bento-Styled Lunch Solution Offers Durable, Leak-Proof, On-the-Go Meal and Snack Packing

Bentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box - Bento-Styled Lunch Solution Offers Durable, Leak-Proof, On-the-Go Meal and Snack Packing

Bentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box - Bento-Styled Lunch Solution Offers Durable, Leak-Proof, On-the-Go Meal and Snack Packing

Has a great seal and perfect portion for my 3 year old. The latches are easy to open. People complain about the seal on the upper portion getting moldy or filthy. I just line that with the press and seal plastic wrap. Easy on and easy off. It probably gives it a better seal because I have no liquid crossover.

I’ve bought 5 of these of these lunchboxes over the past two years, two are still in operation. The good: you can pack a lot of variety without dirtying a ton of tupperwares daily. For this reason, a lot of parents at daycare wanted to know where I got it. The bad: moldy seals and broken latches. After a month, at least a few small mold spots would stain the rubber seal. These containers are in heavy rotation and get cleaned quickly. The broken latches are from daycare workers snapping them shut, not rough handling by a child. They always break in the same place, where the latch grabs the lid, not the latch itself. I would also recommend not dishwashing these, I can see a huge difference in how the rubber liner held up with the ones purchased after my dishwasher broke. The ones that I put in the dishwasher not only appear weathered, but also absorb smells so after a while they smelled like a fridge that hasn’t been deodorized in years... not appetizing.

All in all, I still think these are great lunch containers, but with some annoying issues. I might consider still buying them on sale, but not for the full $30. If my review informed you, please click helpful below, thanks!

 I ordered this after doing research for which lunchbox would be best for my 5 year old who will start Kindergarten in August. We are wanting to practice the lunchtime routine early as she has cerebral palsy and receives speech, physical therapy and occupational therapy in preschool and needs a lot more help with things your typical 5 year old would not need as much help with. She is unable to open packages so I like how this one was broken up into sections the main concern I had was if she was as going to be able to get the bentgo box out of her lunch box, open it easily and then pack it back up easily. She is also very picky and chokes easily on food. I have been packing her lunch to eat when she gets home from school in the bentgo box then in a lunchbox just as I would if she were eating at school. So far she has been able to get it out of the lunchbox and open it fairly easily. Closing it is a bit harder as she has trouble remembering to push it down before she clips it closed but she will get this with practice. I have only hand washed it and it seems to stay nice but we have only used it 4 times so far. She also tips it a lot completely ideals when taking it out of her lunchbox and the applesauce has not left its compartment at all which is nice. I would definitely recommend this for kindergarteners or any child that is delayed with fine motor skills.

I've been using this product for my daughter for a year. The first one we had leaked liquid between the compartments (like juice from watermelon chunks, etc) and some mold developed in the seal even though I washed it every evening. I used the company's website to request a replacement and they did so promptly. Our second one has given us no trouble at all. The fit inside the Skip Hop Zoo insulated lunch bag was very snug, but it did work. I could include a few thin ice packs, knife, and fork. These items fit much better inside the Pottery Barn Mackenzie Cold Pack lunch bag. It is the perfect amount of room for my hungry pre-K and now kindergarten student. She prefers to eat a half sandwich and several side options, so the way the cups are arranged and sized has worked well for us. She had to practice opening and closing it when she first got it (right before she turned 4) but now she opens and closes it with no trouble. I find it easiest to wash with a bottle brush bc the little cups are a bit tight.

UPDATE: Bentgo actually made this right by replacing my box after I provided photos. I'm very pleased with their customer service and was reminded when I saw the package our new lunchbox came in, that they are warranted for 2 years. So, good on them. I'm still disappointed it broke, but have changed my review from 2 to 4 stars. Thank you, Bentgo!

Such a great product but not durable at all. Washed outer box in top rack dishwasher once to sanitize after my daughter had been sick (we normally wash by hand) and it warped, even though it says it is dishwasher safe in the top rack. It was still usable, though it took some work to click the inner tray in securely. But then last week the clips that keep the top & bottom of the outer box both broke - the plastic tabs that keep the clip piece in snapped off. For a $30 lunchbox, I would expect it to last more than a couple of months. Very disappointing. And I’m outside the return window so nothing I can do.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • PORTIONED FOR KIDS: 5 practical compartments portioned perfectly for a child's appetite (recommended for ages 3-7). Plus, drop-proof, rubber-coated edges and a sturdy design for active kids.
  • LEAK-PROOF TECHNOLOGY: Keeps meals and snacks fresh and mess-free during transport- Includes two kid-friendly latches that are easy for small hands to open and close.
  • MICROWAVE AND DISHWASHER-SAFE: Removable compartment tray reheats food safely in the microwave and cleans up easily in the dishwasher (hand washing is recommended for the outer shell to preserve the leak-proof seal and extend the longevity of your product).
  • PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE: Bentgo continues to be a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that gives hope and resources for hungry children and families. Since 2017, Bentgo has donated more than $150,000 to help put an end to hunger.
  • WHAT YOU GET: Bentgo Kids compartment lunch box, user manual, industry-leading 2 Year Warranty, and caring customer support.

Description

Bentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box - Bento-Styled Lunch Solution Offers Durable, Leak-Proof, On-the-Go Meal and Snack Packing



I am writing this review after our Bento Box making it through Kindergarten and 1st grade. The first year we followed all instructions and it was only had washed and drip dried. I never sent hot food in the Bentgo and rarely sent any liquids that would have really tested the seals. After a year of use following directions there was some degradation of the seals. At that point I decided I would just start throwing it in the dishwasher and see how much longer it lasted. I didn't notice any huge increase in the wear of the seals from our dishwasher. We continued to use it another year since I didn't send liquids. I did feel that the size was getting a little small by the end of first grade, and I am looking for an alternative for lunchtime next year. I will however be buying a new one for my next kiddo when they start kindergarten. Overall did the job, was very convenient and held up perfectly other than the seals. I loved that I could buy additional trays and pop them in and out to feel like I really got the lunchbox clean. No stinky lunchboxes here.

We love our Bentgo Kids. We purchased two of them. One for my daughter (6yrs) and one for my son (3yrs). We also purchased 2 extra bento inserts. I did this so that I could prep a few lunches on Sunday for the week and stack them in the fridge. They stack really nicely. A major positive to the lunch boxes is that they are air tight and don't leak. The negative to that is that they are a little hard to open at first. Now that she is using it she can open it just fine. It has such a nice sturdy design. I do wish that it was slightly larger so that she could use it longer but since she also doesn't eat a ton in one sitting I think it will be fine. Please make these in adult size. They are great and would make lunch to work so much cleaner and easier. It comes with a free ebook cookbook. That may be my favorite part. The pictures alone help make shopping and packing her lunch a breeze.
UPDATE (may 16,2017): my daughter has been using hers for nearly two years now (2nd grade) and the hinges just broke. Seriously not bad considering how much it's been used. It's never leaked for me. I will be purchasing a new one today. I totally recommend still. We love ours.

My partner is an elementary school teacher and has witnessed many lunchbox tupperware lids get lost throughout the years (the probably end up with the socks lost in the dryer or with my hair ties).. so he had a very specific idea in mind of lunchs when our kid started school... he wanted something that didn't have multiple lids that would get lost, something that contained all the things so dips didn't spill or sandwiches fall apart... I thought he was crazy, but now it all makes sense.
We bought this expensive thing. Actually, we bought two (yikes) we wanted the back up in case one needed to be washed or was left at school.
I am so dang glad we bought this expensive thing (that we bought two!). The top portion of this is a lid (no lost lids here!) so nothing falls out or spills or leaks or anything. AMAZING! Our kiddo loves it and it's easy for her to use (not at first... but she's smart, she figured it out). Everything is nice and contained. The tray that holds the food is easy to take out and clean and easy to place back in.
The age range on the box says 3-7 so you will def. get some use out of it until your kiddo starts eating more.
It is terribly expensive but in the end... worth it right? If you use it 28$ times, it's a dollar each time, right? RIGHT?!

Edit: after writing this review I decided to contact Bentgo directly, I explained what happened and the very next day they said they would send me new ones! So bottom line is it’s a great lunchbox, yes the clips could break, but it was super easy to get replacement boxes so if that doesn’t deserve 5 stars I don’t know what does.
(Original review below)
I LOVE this lunchbox! we have tried several different bento style lunchboxes, but they just weren't the right size or shape and ALL the other ones I tried that boasted "watertight" had the gaskets mold (even with daily thorough washing) EXCEPT this one, has had zero mold issues. I read the reviews on these ones and noticed several people's reviews said the clips broke. I thought "well they must have just been too rough with them" and got two anyways (one for each kid) They are great! Each compartment is a perfect portion and makes packing lunch easy (I get all these teachers and parents at school telling me how great their lunches are and asking where I find the time to pack such cute lunches, and I'm just thinking in my head "uh I threw yesterdays dinner in the box and called it lunch" haha
Anyways I bought these on august 28th, my kids are in preschool and kindergarten so they go to school 3x a week and because of all the reviews I was extra careful not to overload them or handle the clips roughly, but sure enough January 7th the part of the box that the clip "clips" into broke off...and then January 9th, the other box does the same thing. :(
I am continuing to use them, just remembering to not put anything like yogurt or apples sauce in them... I REALLY wanted this lunch box to last at least a school year, but I think I will break down and buy another two just to get them through the full year. It just seems like a waste to have to buy 2 lunchboxes per kid for one school year.
I sincerely hope they fix the clip issue, I really want to keep using this size and style of lunchbox, because everything else about them is perfect.

5 months later: this lunch box went to school everyday. One of the latch catches on the front broke. I contacted the company and within hours heard back. They requested I email pix of the break, as well as my Amazon order number. The next day I received an email telling me to expect a replacement in 5-7 days. It arrived in 2. I have no complaints; customer service was amazing, and now I have 2 inner trays I can use.
I have been sending this to school for a month now and have almost no complaints. The box is leak-proof, easy to clean and maintain and packs more than enough food. My 5 year old has asked for less food. Got it.
My only complaint is more with my 5 year old. After lunch, sometimes she doesn't fully latch the top. There is a resistance point that must be overcome before the two latches will engage. If she does not press past that resistance, the latches still *appear* locked but the box is not actually sealed. Not a problem most days, but there was this one time I sent veggies with ranch dressing, and I got back the remainder of the ranch dressing spread evereywhere. Really more of a problem training the 5 year old, so no stars off for that.
This fits in our standard size freezer lunch bag, with room for a juice box on the side. The colors are great for a 5 yo, but the size would easily accommodate a grown-up's lunch. I was hesitant about the price, but I see this bento box lasting us easily this school year and probably more. Worth the investment.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment