Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunbeam Classic 1200 Watt Mid-size Anti-Drip Non-Stick Soleplate Iron with Shot of Steam/Vertical Shot feature and 8' 360-degree Swivel Cord, White/Clear, GCSBCL-317-000

Sunbeam Classic 1200 Watt Mid-size Anti-Drip Non-Stick Soleplate Iron with Shot of Steam/Vertical Shot feature and 8' 360-degree Swivel Cord, White/Clear, GCSBCL-317-000

Sunbeam Classic 1200 Watt Mid-size Anti-Drip Non-Stick Soleplate Iron with Shot of Steam/Vertical Shot feature and 8' 360-degree Swivel Cord, White/Clear, GCSBCL-317-000

Great Iron i just dropped it on my toe and it broke my toe but no damage to the iron! great for ironing and great weapon

Nice basic flat iron- just what I wanted. I use a spray bottle of water for steaming, so I can't comment on how well it generates steam. I've never been one to use the steam feature on any iron. I don't feel like refilling the reservoir.
This iron seems to heat up just fine for my fabrics. I basically use the wool/cotton settings.
I'm not that picky and ironing is just a chore to get over with as quick as possible. If you want the bells and whistles, then no, this isn't the one for you. I like my clothes to be wash and wear for the most part, so if your wardrobe is similar- this is your iron.
I recommend, and the price is right!

Sunbeam Classic 1200 Watt Mid-size Anti-Drip Non-Stick Soleplate Iron with Shot of Steam/Vertical Shot feature and 8' 360-degree Swivel Cord, White/Clear, GCSBCL-317-000

The Sunbeam Classic 1200 Watt Mid-Size Anti-Drip Iron is a good purchase for under $30 and works satisfactorily. Prior to deciding to hunt for a Sunbeam iron, I had purchased two Black and Decker irons - a $40 one which sometimes took a while to heat up and dispense steam yet still did NOT effectively press out wrinkles entirely. So I decided to buy a $15 Black and Decker iron which, unfortunately, dripped more than I could tolerate. Fortunately, I remembered during my travels that every hotel and resort seem to all have inexpensive Sunbeams irons which always worked perfectly. Thus, I researched and happily found what I was looking for on Amazon.com. Plus, I do not think one has to spend over $30 for a good iron!

What I hope is improved though or what I don't like about the iron is the design and placement of the on/off Switch as it's just a cheap lever you move up and down and it's inconveniently located underneath the grip handle. If the lever becomes hard to move up/down or should break, it will be hard to manipulate any part of that lever to turn on or shut off. It would have been better and more easily accessible if a non-cheap, good on/off button or knob had been placed on the front area, top area or even backside of the iron.

Wow, could not be more satisfied. Time spent ironing is less due to iron's efficiency. The iron is of perfect weight, any heavier and I/you would be lifting weights. I am a person who do not like to go out looking like crumbled paper. I iron all outer layer of clothing. This iron remove wrinkles just fine. Set to the proper temp and steam option, all is well. I have every material of clothing in my closet and the iron wrk great on all. Ironing concrete, bricks and rocks, this is not the iron for you.

I loved my previous Sunbeam and was so glad to be able to replace it after more than a decade of use. I sew a lot and needed an iron that was comfortable in the hand, easy to maneuver and heated up fast. I've had others, but the Sunbeam models I've had in the past and now are the best irons I've used.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Shot of Steam Feature offers an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or Vertically steaming hanging clothes or draperies
  • Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any temperature setting to eliminate unwanted drips
  • 30 minute timed Auto-off for safety and peace of mind
  • Self-clean system removes minerals inside the iron for longer lasting steam performance
  • Lifetime soleplate and 3-year limited warranties

Description

Sunbeam 1200 Watt Non-Stick Soleplate Iron w/Anti-Drip System and 30 minute timed Auto-off for safety and peace of mind.



I purchased this iron to use in my sewing room when pressing quilting blocks; it replaces an much older Sunbeam. Be sure to note that this model (GCSBCL-317-000) has a "reset" button on the top; after 30 minutes of use, the light starts flashing before shutting off; just press the reset button and continue--no need to unplug to reset. I am purchasing another one today to use in my sewing area downstairs (also to replace a much older Sunbeam).. Money well spent!

I love this little iron. The best feature is the red on/off button/indicator light. I don't have to tilt the iron to simulate use to turn it on. With this iron you just press the button and it tuns on. (What a novel idea! LOL) Too many times I've had irons that wouldn't turn on, unless I moved them all around and then because of the lack of an indicator light, it wasn't easy to know for sure if it was turn on or not. Then if I took to long to get to it, it might turn off and I wouldn't know it. This iron is simple, solid light means the iron is on. Blinking means it's off. Heats up quickly, plenty of steam. Couldn't find one locally like it, good ole Amazon1

Was skeptical about purchasing this iron due to some of the bad review. I have had a chance to use this brand of iron while staying in hotels and they are fabulous with the steam feature. I have had no problems out of my iron, no water spillage, no white stuff coming out of the iron and it heats really fast.

Best iron I have owned in a very long time. I have gone through my fair share of irons over the years, but even when I was happy with the iron it never lasted more than a few years. I have tons of ironing because I had previously purchased another brand and had to return it immediately. This iron is so fantastic that I ironed and ironed with ease never realizing how many shirts I had done. Didn't get to my pants, I was too tired at that point. Buy this and you will be nothing but happy, it will bring you back to the days before internet when there weren't hundreds and hundreds of irons to choose from and you got them home and they actually worked for years and years. I am hoping this will continue to be as good and last for a few years.

I bought this iron many months ago - and it's still holding up well, despite being knocked over to the floor by my cat. I don't fill it with water - I have a spray bottle for that. This iron replaced one which not only cost more money, but died long before it should've. Although it automatically shuts off after being idle, it reheats quickly when the button to start it up again is pressed. It's lightweight and does the job well. Very pleased with this iron.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment