Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Universal Souvenir Glasses and Sunglasses Repair Kit, Black

Universal Souvenir Glasses and Sunglasses Repair Kit, Black

Universal Souvenir Glasses and Sunglasses Repair Kit, Black

A silly obsession... I have about 30 pair of RX glasses, and three of them needed various small repairs.
Two needed screws only, and one needed a single nosepad.

This kit had everything I needed, I replaced both nosepads using the kit, though I only needed one, so they matched. I easily found screws that exactly matched the original.
For the other two pair, I found screws to 1) re-attach a temple piece and 2) to re-connect a rim around a lens.

I have PLENTY of screws left over for other repairs.

The screwdriver included worked for my repairs, though I understand they might not work for all. It may be best to purchase a very fine screwdriver set online (flat and phillips) if you are concerned. For ~$7, it sure beats a trip to any optical center, which may or may not agree to help you with frames purchased elsewhere.

Definitely recommend!

Some bad reviews for some reason but I had no issues at all. The screws and the scredriver defintely was worth the money for me. I fixed my girlfriend's glasses in two minutes.
Tip: Defintely have tweezers handy when using because the screws are hard to take out of the slots they are in since they are very small. Also the screwdriver has three pasty to it; you have to unscrew the middle part and the flat head and Phillips head are exposed and can then be used. The nut driver is on the hollow end when all the pieces are put together. Perfect for me and happy with the purchase!

I was happy that I received my glass repair kit with multiple screws. The screwdriver is well made for the screws but the only thing is I wished it would of been magnetic if possible. I'm not a jeweler and hands are not that steady especially coming back from the gym. Unfortunately the screw that I needed for my Forster Grant didn't come with it but I still managed to find one that worked. Nose piece was exactly like the same. Over all I'm glad I got this kit. I repaired a couple of other glasses and not life is good again. It's hard to get rid of a good pair of reading glassed especially when they fit well on your nose. Thank you.....

I bought this to repair my glasses that had a cracked nose pad. As my screws were intact, I only needed the screwdriver and the pad. I am nearly blind without my glasses so my husband did the repair for me. The pieces are tiny so it took more than one try to get the screw seated properly, but he was able to do it. A magnifying glass would have helped.

The screwdriver is a flat head on one side and a Phillips head on the other side. It doesn't appear that any of the screws would have fit my glasses but there are several pairs of eyeglasses and sunglasses in the house so they may work for something else.

Since I only needed the tool and the nose pad, this kit was exactly what I needed.

I received my repair kit in good order. It was well packed and the somewhat obvious although probably very helpful reminder to 'open with care because of the small and loose parts' was blatant but not in-the way. The case had a good latch, but was also shrink-wrapped for good measure. A pair of scissors helped me get in. I was slightly disappointed in the size of the nose pads, but had to acknowledge that I hadn't paid attention to any measurements before purchase. Ultimately this was of no consequence -- Once I had them installed, they worked fine. There is *plenty* of redundancy in the kit to handle any regular repair. The one thing that would have been helpful was a pair of tweezers. However, we are blessed enough to have several pairs of these in our home already and it was no great inconvenience to stand up and find one. Do it yourself solution saved my about $35. So far I'm quite pleased.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • IMPORTANT: Please check the measurements of each item before purchasing the product to ensure the size of pieces in the repair kit matches your glasses
  • IMPORTANT: Please check and verify the pictures for more measurements of each pieces included in the repair kit
  • Compact Plastic Black Case Repair Kit Comes with Many Items
  • Spacers Nuts Storage Case Aprox. 38 Piece Kit
  • Please check the size of screwdrivers to check if it matches your glasses. Screwdriver Head Diameters: Slot 1.60mm, Phillips 1.60mm, Plain Round Head 1.89mm

Description

Please check the pictures for the measurements of the pieces included in the repair kit to ensure it matches the needs of your glasses. This handy kit has nose pads, assorted screws and unique screwdriver - both phillips head and flat head styles needed to complete your repair. A necessary item for any household with glasses! Comes in plastic BLACK CASE. Contents may shift during shipment. PLEASE NOTE: kit features many screws with out slots - plain round heads that fit in the end of the screwdriver so no matching of slots is required. These screws tighten with friction fit. Easier to use and a faster repair.



(Please see attached) With the way the the package is made, the felt inlay does not fit flush against the plastic case, causing the screws move around freely. With the wide range of screws and nose pads I could care less though. This kit has enough screws to probably last a life time. The double sided screwdriver is a plus for glasses with odd screws.

I compaired this set with another glasses kit I have. The other one might be easier to use since the body of the screwdriver is longer and it has small plastic tabs to screw the tinyist of screws. I still prefer to keep this set (universal souvenir glasses...) in my work backpack. The hard case is a better material for not getting crushed and I find that it comes in handy when other employees break their glasses, since not all two glasses are the same.

*I have used one nose pad and a screw before taking the picture. This was not missing any pieces.
*The other glasses kit (clear body with blue cap) was a free one I had recieved for purchasing lens wipes.

This kit had the screw that I needed. I just wish there were labels on the compartments to indicate the size of each screw. I happened to know that I needed a 1.4mm x 4mm screw, but to find it, I had to try each size until I found the right one. At least my glasses are fixed now and it didn't cost much. But you'll have to be patient and careful. Even with tweezers, these tiny screws can get away from you. And don't make the mistake I did. My desk is in a carpeted room. When one of these screws falls off the desk, it might as well be gone forever, lost in the carpet fibers. It happened to me twice before I wised up and moved to a work area in a non-carpeted room.

I found this to be an excellent buy. It gives you an excellent array of a few of almost any screw, nose pad, or part you are most likely to need to repair eyeglasses. It also includes a handy combination phillips head, flat blade, and smooth head screw driver that should work on almost any eyeglasses. The price was reasonable, it is well made, it came to me quickly, and it fixed what I needed fixed. Mark me down as a happy camper.

I got tired of going to the eye Dr. to get a nose pad put on. Someone else mentioned the parts are small, well Yeah! That's expected! If you have big fat fingers and no dexterity then you will need to get someone else to do this. I had no problem getting the tiny screw out (and I do have some arthritis in my fingers), removing the remaining plastic piece, then putting in the new pad and screw. I did it over my bed so if the screw fell out it wouldn't bounce. This worked fine. You may or may not use all the little screws, but it's nice to have the selection. This is a nicely put together kit!

It’s a relief to finally be able to fix these glasses I broke last week. Luckily I had extra pairs, but my favorite pair lost a screw. Super worth the money for all the extra pieces most kits don’t have. I only wish the screw drivers were magnetized to grab the screw easier since they’re so small, but I didn’t expect it. I recommend using a pair of tweezers to handle to pieces or you could risk spilling everything.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment