Monday, July 1, 2019

Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode

Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode

Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode

I purchased this purifier to replace a very large and very loud Honeywell unit. While I suspect the throughput of the Honeywell was greater, the dramatic decrease in noise is a worthy trade off. The Conway's replacement filters are also significantly cheaper. I would purchase again.
The addition of a few carefully placed vinyl stickers also creates the worlds largest iPod Nano (see pic)

I've had this purifier for 2 1/2 years and still absolutely love it. The filters aren't unreasonably expensive nor do I have to replace them too frequently. It's very sensitive and kicks on when I cook, even though it isn't in the kitchen. In fact, it's so sensitive that a dog fart has been known to get it going to filter the air. If that's not a selling point, I don't know what is.

I have two purifiers and this one is far and away the better one... and the other one is terrific.

I have been using this air purifier for three months, and I’m glad I decided to get this one. Before I bought it, I did some research online first since I hadn’t heard of this brand before and was thinking of getting some big common brand names or some cheap ones. I’ll admit I was skeptical till the day I started using it.

How it helps me with my allergies: I’m allergic to dust mites, fine dust and various allergens in the air. Before using it, almost every morning, the first thing that happened to me immediately after I woke up is sneezing. (I had that my entire life.) After I started using it, it solved my problem. As a person that has been bothered by allergies my entire life, this purifier works for me. (To be clear, I’m not saying it cured me.)

Sound level: It’s quiet. I am very sensitive to noise as well. The machine sits in my bedroom and it doesn’t bother me at all when it turns on level 1. At level 1 speed, the fan volume is fairly low. Even level 2 sound is a minimal hum. Only when it’s on level 3, then the fan volume is more audible, but still way quieter than a kitchen fan.

Energy consumption: I leave it on at eco mode all day every day even when I am out at work during the day. Didn't notice any increase in my energy bill. In fact, I used less electricity compared to the same period last year, so I guess when it's at eco mode, it won't consume a lot of electricity.

Oder cleaning: It works really well and surprisingly well. Once my room is filled with burnt food smell because I overcooked some steak in the kitchen. I turned the purifier on to level 3 for a few minutes, and the air was clean again. No more lingering food smell from the kitchen.

Anecdote: My mom also bought one. She said once some wind blew dust from the ceiling fan and somehow the purifier that was sitting below the fan detected the dust. The purifier’s fan kicked in and created a tiny black dust tornado sucking all the dust from the ceiling fan into it. I didn’t see it in person and only heard it from my mom, so I’m offering this as an anecdote.

Suggestion for improvement: The air quality indicator blue light seems bright when I turn off all the light in my bedroom. I cover the light every night before I go to bed. It would be great if they have a night light mode or a setting to turn off the light.

Okay, so I'm a bit over a week in. I've owned many air purifiers, from panel to the Sharper-Image style (even the latest Nectar). I have a decent 2-room apartment that's around what this is rated for in square footage. Unlike the Winix, this sensor takes a bit more in auto-mode to go off (and raise speed), but I think it's more accurate overall. The ion mode doesn't leave the negative ion (ozone) smell like you'd think, at all. The pre-filter is the mesh you want, tiny holes but of such size that it doesn't restrict air and will capture most particulates so I'd imagine the filters behind will last quite some time. I have a cat and wood floors, so as you'd imagine keeping the apartment clean isn't the easiest thing, but this filter is certainly helping with dust and cat hair. Also, I notice when walking into my apartment after a day at work that the air is far more neutral; my cat or previous cooking no longer is a smell I'm walking into, so that's a big plus.

Overall, I'm completely happy with this product. Construction is good, it's got the right features; nothing more nothing less. I'll know more as the time goes by, but as of now perfect. Another thing to note, is for the air it moves, it's very quiet.

 I love this air purifier. While I haven't owned it long enough to notice a reduction in dust (especially since I dust about 4 times a week anyways), I can say that it clears up smells wonderfully. Homemade shrimp Pad Thai, accidental Febreze overdoses, that blown out candle smoke smell, the after the dog park smell, we found the source of the stench in the fridge and had to put it down the garbage disposal smell..... all of it cleared out of the room (moderately sized open floor plan kitchen - living room - dining area) in about five minutes. Yasssss! Oh - there is one funny issue. On the highest setting, the unit vibrates and moves across the hardwood floor, sometimes wrapping itself, until the cord is taught and it is facing some random direction. I posted a video! :)


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
  • 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
  • Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
  • Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
  • Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
  • Filter replacement indicator checks both Pre-filter and HEPA filter respectively to let users be aware of when to wash or replace the filter.
  • 77 W power consumption and quiet operation with noise level ranging from 24.4 dB to 53.8 dB.
  • Limited manufacturer's warranty covers any internal/functional parts for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 3 years. Filters are excluded.
  • Won the Best Air Purifier of 2018 at Wirecutter and ranked 1st place at the TopTenReviews.

Description

The mighty air purifier is compact by design, but is equipped with Cutting edge features to keep your indoor air clean. Equipped with a HEPA efficiency RATING of 99.97percent , it uses a four-stage filtration system to effectively eliminate odors and pollutants. This mighty machine includes an air quality indicator through our particle sensing technology that will kick your air purifier into high gear when needed. And when 30 minutes when pollution is not detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop to save energy. Power Consumption - 4.9~77.8 W CFM 246



When I got this, I ran it for a full day without taking the filters off because I am dumb. The fact that it still works after that abuse is really impressive.

I'm also impressed with how quickly and accurately the indicator light responds to changes in air quality. Any time some smoke or vapor is released in the room, it changes to purple or red within 30 seconds. You can blow an entire breath of smoke/vapor at the front, and nothing will come out the top. Good stuff.

Excellent air purifier. A bit loud on high, but it does the job. I bought one for my elder mom's room at her seniors housing room. It got a bit smelly with the cat and just being warm with urine and other stuff. This purifier cleared that up pronto! It sounds like a small fan when it sense it needs to kick on high. It will turn on high for a short time as it cleans the air, then shut off when it has cycled. The ionizer works pretty well. Air smells like rain when it is finished. I would only use the ioniser when no one is in the room. It is silent so it is easy to forget it on.

Cat smell eliminated, urine smell gone! dust gone. The director of the seniors home thought my mom had gotten rid of her cat. That is how good it is.

I ended up getting one for my basement office area. I have a German Shepherd and the shedding is crazy. Litter box for the cat too. This handles that well.

I've struggled with my asthma for many years, (since I was just a little kid. many years ago, I was put on a stronger maintenance medication to help with the fact that I was struggling to breath well at night. It worked to some degree, but the medication was expensive, for my parents then, and more recently for me. Several months ago, I decided to finally take the plunge and buy this air purifier for my bedroom. Admitedly, it's a bit overkill for such a small room, but I wanted something that would keep the air completely clean and pure day in and day out. since I've started to use this, my allergies and asthma symptoms have reduced drastically, and I am no longer awoken with shortness of breath. Not only that, but this has created a safe space from the Utah winter inversion, which creates air quality so poor a healthy person chokes on it. I may buy 1 or more in the future to purify the whole home in the future.

Do you hear that sound? Nope you don't. Before this beautiful contraption of an air purifier made its way into my heart, I was using a small one on my desk that is quite audible on the 1 setting for fan speed. I just assumed air purifiers were loud. I was wrong, at least for the good ones.

My first thing I recommend when unwrapping this beast is to pop off the front cover, take out the filters, and promptly remove the plastic from the filters. After reading reviews for this product I was already aware of the protective plastic keeping these filters fresh, but some may not know that.

Second, run it on full blast for 4 hours. Go get some coffee, find a book and a nice place to read, and just enjoy yourself. Yes running it full blast is loud but it'll help reduce the dust quickly in your room, apartment, or home. It moves a TON of air on full speed.

Third, read the manual! It tells you how that little LED of air quality works and how to clean it. It also tells you that you can change the sensitivity to more sensitive or less sensitive in case your air purifier runs at medium or full blast for more than a couple hours. Nifty right?

All in all, I'm stupid excited to actually have a less dusty and cleaner apartment, since I live next to the main road in my town. We will see in the coming months how much dust is around when the furnace in the basement kicks on, since 1890's era homes are a wee dusty and drafty.

It's also so much quieter in my home. This pleases me.

Fantastic air cleaner. I got two of them and I can see why so many consumer review organizations gace these their top rating.
As everyone else said, the low speed is truly whisper quiet. The mid speed is what I use the most as you don't really notice it at all even in a quiet room and it moves a decent amount of air.
The high setting is indeed loud but it's moving A LOT of air. That's how it can clean such a large air space for such a small unit. I'd say it's about as loud as a window air-conditioner with only the far portion running.
I set the detectors to "more sensitive" and in auto mode it just does its thing all on its own. It has been VERY helpful for our allergies and we both felt a lot better in the rooms with this Coway by the next day! Kind of a lifesaver if your environment cranks your allergies. We never turn them off.

As for the bad reviews - if yours arrives and it makes any kind of grinding sound or doesn't work according to the directions then it was damaged in shipping so contact Amazon or Coway immediately and they'll get you a new one. Both of mine, ordered a month apart, are flawless.
I will probably buy a third so that the whole house is covered.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment