Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin Plus Padding Roll, 24" x 4 5/8" // All-Day Pain Relief and Protection from Shoe Friction

Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin Plus Padding Roll, 24" x 4 5/8" // All-Day Pain Relief and Protection from Shoe Friction

Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin Plus Padding Roll, 24

I know this product is intended for applying directly to skin where shoes rub, but I instead apply it directly to troublesome areas on shoes and it works great. Undoubtedly I have bought shoes that seem to fit fine until they are worn outside and I am left with a painful blister making me not want to wear the shoes again. I just cut a patch of this to fit on the back heel area of a pair of problem shoes with an annoying seam and voila! This doesn't add bulk since it's relatively thin in comparison to actual heel grips, plus it's pliable making it versatile to put just about anywhere on a shoe. I have also used this on flip flops on the toe bar and the underside of the straps, and on the inside toe area of a pair of problem shoes.

I purchased this item for an alternative purpose...repair of underwire bras. I got tired of having underwires poking through fabric sides on my bra and causing me discomfort. When it happened to a nearly new item, I used darning stitches to repair it. After one wash, it came back through the material. Bras are not cheap and I didn't like having to replace them early or put up with continual discomfort so I looked for a better fix on the internet. This is it! All you have to do is push the underwire back into place and cut a small piece of moleskin over the place it was sticking out of. It's self-adhesive, so you don't need to sew it into place. You can't feel it when wearing your bra and it stays where you put it. The only issue I've had is it can come loose if you machine wash it. When that has happened, I simply put a new piece of moleskin on the bra when it has line dried. It's fast it's easy and you can make a lot of repairs with one box of moleskin.

My new job requires me to wear nice, closed toed shoes. Since I don't like heels, my only option is flats. I bought a great new pair for the job, but the first day I wore them, within 10 minutes my ankles were bleeding. They didn't hurt like this in the store, or I wouldn't have purchased them. I needed the shoes, because I didn't have any others or time to shop for others. I also couldn't return them because I'd already worn them outside a bit. I did some research and saw the suggestion of mole skin. I debated and questioned its ability to stick and/or cushion my ankle, but I needed something so I decided to give it a try. Once I had this moleskin on the inside of the back of my flats by my ankles (sticky side on shoe, soft side touching my skin) I couldn't feel a thing!! I've worn them several times without having to change the moleskin or having it come off. It sticks to the shoe very well and keeps my ankles blister and blood free!!!

(1) ACTUALLY STICKS: I haven't ever found tape that sticks well enough to protect my feet throughout an entire day of wearing heels! Other similar products always fell off after a couple hours, particularly if I sweat at all. However, this tape is able to stick no matter what.

(2) THICK: This product is thick enough to actually protect your feet from blisters, but is thin enough that it doesn't affect your ability to still fit in your shoe. I find that it actually helps my heels fit better since it fills in the extra space in your shoe.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CONS:
(1) CUT TO SIZE: The major negative about this product is that you have to cut adhesive strips to size. However, if you need to apply the tape on a couple different places, its somewhat helpful to not have precut strips since you can make sure that you get the size exactly correct.

(2) COLOR: The tape is somewhat tan. So if you have fair skin, you will need to make sure that you place the tape so that it doesn't stick our of your shoes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
OVERALL: This is an amazing product and I will be ordering it again. It's the only adhesive tape that I have ever found that actually sticks to my feet well enough to product me from blisters and cuts. [Its worth noting that others might find this product sticks too well, because when you pull it off, you will feel some discomfort. However, I wear heels to work and walk about 3/4 of a mile to my office--so that products durability is perfect for me.]

I walk daily for my exercise and as I've increased my walking distance there is a part in the upper back of my running shoe that irritates and hurts the back of my foot. It was not time to buy new running shoes so what was I to do. I had heard of moleskin working but doubted it. When I saw it as an add on at such a reasonable price here on Amazon thought I'd give it a shot. Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus has proven to be a true wonder for me. It comes in a lengthy roll and I cut out the size I need to cover the part of my heel that gets irritated. And voila, the pain is gone! The padding is a very effective thickness without being too thick. It is very easy to pull the adhesive backing off and apply. It never falls off yet is very easy to remove when I want to and leaves no sticky residue. If I forget to take it off and shower it remains on and just as effective. Amazing stuff! Of course this would not be recommended for pain that is caused by something requiring medical attention but for any running shoe, dress shoe etc. this product does indeed provide all day comfort. I can be out for over 12 hours and its effectiveness never goes away. I have already stocked up and purchased 2 more boxes. Highly recommend!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Thin design conforms to the foot and fits in all shoes
  • Designed to stay on all day
  • Cuttable Moleskin can be shaped to any size

Description

We designed Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin Plus Padding Roll specifically for people who suffer from painful shoe friction. The soft cotton flannel padding protects and cushions any part of the foot.



Just hiked the grand canyon. Oh wow! Sore and tired feet but had it not been for the dr scholls moleskin i think my toes would have fallen off. This stuff truly works!! I put it on my sore spots then wrapped sports tape on top. The molsekin didnt move and my feet were singing my praises. This is the only stuff i will use. The molsekin sticks amazingly well and it provides wonderful cushioning to sore and blistered feet. Dont mess around with any other brand. Stick to the dr scholls.

Moleskin. Get enough and you can make a jacket. Just kidding. And the livestock is NOT used to make mole sauce in Spanish/Mexican dishes, haha. (matador's ole, to pronounce mole- its chocolate :) ) . Its for blisters or foot wear. Ladies, does that one new pair of shoes bite the back of your ankle? Don't get a bandaid, put on some moleskin- its the best. The purpose is, if you get a blister or something, you cut a doughnut like hole out of the middle of the moleskin piece, to put around the blister, you don't cover the blister. Instead you use the moleskin to build up the edges around the blister so you can keep walking and not risk its draining. Except if new shows are chewing away at the back of your ankle, then cut a strip and cover the thing- instant relief and stays put, doesn't pull hair like a bandaid. But it does imply some fine-cutting instrument (like small scissors) will be needed to cut the moleskin into shape so bear that in mind for med-kits or return-home bags

I never knew moleskin existed until I was issued some brand new combat boots. Boy, and I thought I was the lucky one!

Although quite pricy, there's plenty in the package and should be enough for many uses. Compared to large-quantity cheaper rolls, this product is softer and much thicker(though not thick enough to cause an issue). Stays on for the entire day, but beware- DO NOT COVER A BLISTER WITH IT! It will come off, and with it will come all of that raw skin underneath it.

It's much easier to prevent blisters than to heal them- slap a little of this on your heels and other trouble spots PRIOR to breaking in boots and shoes and save yourself a lot of unnecessary pain.

Went on a trip to Paris where I expected to do a lot of walking. I always end up with blisters on the back of my ankles when I walk a lot, so I bought moleskin and wore it as prevention this time. Walked until my feet died and my heels were still blister free. Also used it on the sides and tops of my feet when wearing flats and heels and that also did the trick. The only place it doesn’t work is under your feet or in your shoe under your feet. At least not for me. It moves with the heat obviously so what are you gonna do? The only reason I give it 4 stars is because the adhesive irritated my skin. I didn’t wear them more than a day and always used fresh pieces each new day but still irritated my skin a little, not enough to stop wearing it but enough that I put cream in it to soothe the irritation. Still better than blisters. I like the roll because you can cut wherever size you need. And I just keep small pieces in my purse.

I bought these to use skating and skiing. I have a protruding bone in my foot that often bleeds when it it rubs any sort of shoe or boot. I have used these about 10x thus far. It is good because u can cut it to for whatever size you need. They stayed on all day (but came off at the end of the day in the shower) but they worked perfectly and I no longer have blisters and blood after wearing hiking boots, skates or ski boots . I would recommend.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment