Friday, August 2, 2019

Suncast 33 Gallon Outdoor Trash Can for Patio - Resin Outdoor Trash Hideaway with Lid - Use in Backyard, Deck, or Patio - Brown

Suncast 33 Gallon Outdoor Trash Can for Patio - Resin Outdoor Trash Hideaway with Lid - Use in Backyard, Deck, or Patio - Brown

Suncast 33 Gallon Outdoor Trash Can for Patio - Resin Outdoor Trash Hideaway with Lid - Use in Backyard, Deck, or Patio - Brown

Ok I've has this trash can for a couple of months now. I wanted to live with it before I reviewed it. I have this inside, in the kitchen, because it does look that nice, and I like a big trash can that I don't have to empty every 2 days. I love the overall look, the way the lid holds the bag in place, the way the lid locks if you need it. Now this is what I HATE....when I take the full bag out, it's a struggle, and the bag usually rips because the inside is not smooth, it has ridges made into the resin that catch the full bag and rip it as you pull. If they could make the inside smooth, this would be the absolutely perfect trash can. And I know, you could put less trash in it so the bag wouldn't be so full and push against the inside as you try to take it out.....but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a large trash can, doesn't it? You use a large trash can because you want it to hold a lot of trash so you have to empty it less often and use fewer bags. I do have an idea on how to fix this, and I'll be trying it out probably in the next few days. I'm either going to cut 4 pieces of either cardboard or flat plastic, and tape it to the 4 inside walls to make them smooth. It won't change the capacity, and it should make the shredded bag problem go away. But should I have to do this, or should it just be made that way? With just a little more real world testing, it should have been obvious to the company that it tears the bags when the bag is full. Oh well, nothing is perfect.......UPDATE 5/20/14......I have fixed the inside of the trash can so it no longer rips the bags! Here's what you do. I went to wally world, and got a cardboard box, it's in the packing supply section. The size you need is 14 by 14 by 14, it comes folded flat, it's 68 cents. When you open it, it fits almost perfectly down into the inside of the trash can. You do have to wiggle it a bit, as it's not quite exactly the same size, but it fits great when you get it all the way in. Then just trim the top of the box so it's just inside the lid so it will close, and there you go, the bags just slide right out, no matter how full! You're welcome lol!!

These are very sturdy and only took a minute to snap together. I can't say how well they hold up outside, but the quality is far better than I expected for the price. I actually bought these as a creative way to sort laundry. I purchased three of these trash hideaways and some cloth liners off Amazon for $7. I snap the liners in the lid so that the weight of my husband's jeans don't make the liner fall into the bin. The top opening hatch is perfect for my kids to use, as it keeps everything in place during their clumsy sorting. I no longer have to fish out the edges of the hamper lining under a bunch of dirty underwear. Yay!!! That makes this a perfect design for a laundry hamper for any mom (especially with little bed wetters). Standard laundry hampers don't have this feature because they are not built this way. And with stylish design, no one even knows that these are actually trash bins! Everyone who has seen them love them! This idea is cheaper than most "sturdy" full sized laundry hampers and waaaay better because of being able to snap in the he liner and only pull it out when full, but still having access to put clothes in with the use of the top hatch. It's brilliant. I used my label makers and made simple labels for darks, whites, and colors. If your kids can't read yet, perhaps order different colored liners or tape to distinguish each hamper for easy sorting.

I love these storage containers. I have purchased 3 sets of them (6) over the past 2 years. I have 2 by our pool - 1 for trash & 1 for cans/bottles. They stay closed nicely so even if the dog finds a way to tip it over he can't get in it and spread garbage. Two others we use to sort recycles (glass, cans, plastics) for our association at our summer condo. The last set I gave to some friends for their man-cave. They love them! They are very attractive, large and well worth the price! I made signs and laminated them for inside the lids to indicate what goes in them. They stay very dry.

My dog poops roughly 8 times a day. I needed a place to store this poop that wasn't inside my house or inside the garbage cans i keep in the garage. This thing sits on my patio and stores my dog poop until garbage day. It contains the smell; there is no odor around or near it. Of course, when you open it up, it smells like dog poop, but how are you going to stop that. It has like a double lid thing going on which is nice. The main opening allows me to put garbage bags in and take them out and also keeps them securely in place. The smaller lid opens up allowing me to dump dog poop straight from the pooper scooper without messing with the bag or worrying about getting my hands dirty. Also, I have had this thing sitting in the sun for more than a year now and it has held its original color. I expected it to fade, but so far, so good.

The photo I have posted, taken today, is of a 5 year, 4 month old Suncast Outdoor Trash Hideaway, which I purchased from Amazon in April, 2013. Since that time the bin has been sitting on my covered patio in an area that faces the morning sun until at least 11:00 to noon during the long summer months, with temperatures of 90-100 degrees, or higher. Our town requires that all trash be bagged, so we put a 33 gallon trash bag in the bin. Each day we empty the trash bins from the house into the bag in the Suncast bin. When the trash bag is full we take it out to the large containers provided by the town that are stored behind our house, usually twice a week. I am writing this review now because we recently purchased a 2nd Suncast bin when we found that they also come in a lighter (beige?) color, which matches the patio colors, block wall, etc., and blends in better than the dark brown. HOWEVER, our more than 5 year old Suncast bin is STILL in nearly perfect condition. The photo shows that it is kind of dirty/dusty right now because we have had several monsoon dust storms in the last few days, but we normally hose it off once a week and it cleans up like new. It is also almost waterproof. It can be hosed off without water getting into the trash bag. When we have had severe storms where the rain has come down very hard and sideways there have been a couple of times where a little water got into the bag in the bin. The ONLY thing wrong with this bin, which was my fault, is that the plastic/rubber hinges partially broke when I knocked it over while the cover was open. However, it has in no way affected the way it seals the top. While I normally would not write a long review about a product designed to hold trash, I do feel that the quality and design of this product at such a reasonable price deserves to be acknowledged. Because the top provides a pretty good seal we can have the bin near our back door without attracting dozens of flies. We will use the old bin, which will fit neatly into a garage corner, for storing smaller garden items-trimmers, small shovels, etc. I believe this product will be around long after we're gone :)


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • OUTDOOR TRASH CAN WITH LID: Outdoor trash can able to hold 30 to 33 gallons is ideal for backyards, patios, or decks
  • DURABLE: Made with durable resin construction to stay-dry through the rainy season
  • FUNCTIONAL LID: Lid latches on so garbage won't blow out of the can, keeping your backyard area clean
  • DECORATIVE: With a wicker design, this brown trash can will match most outdoor décor
  • IDEAL SIZE: Trash can measures 15.75" x 16" x 31.6"

Description

Trash Receptacle.



Yes it's plastic... But does the job. Very easy to put together too. Took about 15 minutes. I bought an entire Corfu set ( 2 chairs/1 sofa, table) including this trash can, and cooler-table. Looks great on my tiny deck ... No it not wicker but can not beat the price and just as comfy.

This item was shipped extremely fast. I received it the very next day after I ordered it. I love the look of it! We have gotten so many complicates on it. I brought it for our kitchen because my husband likes to have a huge garbage can in the kitchen. The only issue is like other reviews stated getting the garbage bag out without tearing the bag is kind of hard. I gave 4 stars because of that but other than that I love it.

Just received my trash container. Nicely made, good quality as usual from Suncast, but I am having a bear of a time simply attaching the side panels to the bottom! I own several other Suncast products, and have never had a problem assembling the pieces. One last tab to go. I'm sorry to have to give a 3-star rating, but they need to re-think those tiny tabs. I wish they would use bolts instead.

4/14/19: I've decided to give this item an extra star. After successfully horsing the nasty bottom connection tabs into place, the installation went smoothly. This container is sturdy and very attractive. The lid snaps on securely, and the access lid has a locking feature, which so handy. I'm using this container on my front porch as a dog poop receptacle, and there is zero odor when the lid is closed.
Customer service folks are excellent as well!

This garbage can is perfect. I was looking for an outdoor can that would serve only two purposes- hold trash and keep out the raccoons. I don’t even really care that much about asthetics, but honestly this looks pretty nice. It seems to blend in unobtrusively with my deck. I’ve had a long standing battle with the neighborhood raccoons. They’ve consistently raided the garbage no matter where I’ve put it or what type of cover I had on top of the can. I’ve tried keeping the cans in the garage, but they still manage to sneak in and trash my entire garage. This garbage can fit the bill for my needs. It was easy to assemble, blends in well, and most importantly latches shut on top with a sliding top that is effective against even the most nimble raccoon fingers. My husband puts all kinds of delicious raccoon treats inside while he’s grilling outdoors. We probably change the bag about once a week, and even then the can has not been opened, moved, or knocked over. I would buy this garbage can again. In fact I did- now I have two.

I recently switched from weekly trash dumpster pickup to as-needed 30 gallon bag trash pickup and needed somewhere to store my trash bag until pickup day. This Suncast Outdoor Trash Hideway was exactly what I needed! The capacity is approximately 30 gallons, so it holds two of my 13-gallon kitchen trash bags until pickup day. It's awfully cute for a trash can, it seems really sturdy, and it put together very easily.

I rated it 4 stars because the lid is kind of clunky to use. The lid is two parts - the upper top part opens a smaller lid so you can put single items of trash in, and then the whole lid also opens on a hinge. The smaller top part's handle tends to pull right off and doesn't slide very well, but I probably won't be using it very much anyway since I'm using this to store bags and not really as a trash can in the typical sense.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment