Sunday, August 25, 2019

WWI Battle Beads® Catholic Military Combat Rosary in Gun Metal

WWI Battle Beads® Catholic Military Combat Rosary in Gun Metal

WWI Battle Beads® Catholic Military Combat Rosary in Gun Metal

I have several different sets of the Battle Beads from Rugged Rosaries made with the Stainless Steel Beads. As soon as I picked them up, I knew I was holding something "made for men" (sorry ladies, no insult intended- I bought my wife the floral battle beads rosary and she absolutely loves it.).
I was hoping for a similar experience with the Battle Beads in Gun Metal. Alas, while they look elegant and are well-made, I could not like the feel of the surface (the patina). To me they felt like plastic. To my wife they felt a little tacky(ie- "sticky"). Again, not making a statement about quality, only about the feel in our hands.
Two points to make out of fairness- 1) It is quite possible that if I had bought the gun metal version first (w/o the stainless steel version to compare it to, I might have liked the gun metal. 2) The day after Thanksgiving, we went to visit a couple who have been old friends for many years. Over the course of the evening, as we discussed their lives, I got a nudge to give the husband the gun metal rosary (which I just "happened" to have in my car).
He took it, held it. Asked me to bless it (I am a Catholic Deacon). And as tears began to flow, he turned to his wife and asked if they could pray the Rosary together...
Bottom line- If I were to base my review on my tactile perception, I would give these a three or a four. However, after watching how they affect my friend, they get a solid five star.

I like the military history behind this. Even though the one I got is not an exact replica of the original (different crucifix, which actually is my favorite--I put it on another rosary about a year ago), the story behind it is appealing to me as a veteran (AF). I got one for my Dad (Navy) and my son (Army). I suppose you could abuse it and break it, but this is so much sturdier than the traditional thin chain rosaries I suspect this is a lifetime rosary with normal handling. Highly recommended!

By the way, the silver version is a more accurate replica of the original, with the original Pardon Crucifix, if that is important to you. I happen to like this "nail" crucifix and the gunmetal color. Both versions are equally rugged, I'm sure.

This rosary is amazing. For some time I've wanted a personal rosary, especially one that wouldn't break or fall apart as easily as the wooden ones. This rosary is perfect. Modern looking, and strong. Just what I was looking for, not only is it made of metal, the details on the cross, and the whole craftsmanship make it a beautiful rosary that I will have with me for a long time. I have since ordered another of this same model as a gift for my brother. And I am planning on getting two more of the other WWI model for some friends.

I don't write many reviews, but I felt I had to do this one. They have beautiful rosaries in their Webpage as well. Waiting for a paracord one I liked to be back in stock. Hope this review was helpful!

Posted some pics, added my zippo in one for size reference.

These WWI Rosary Beads are the best I've ever owned. They are indeed very rugged yet easy to work with in saying the rosary. They are worth every penny and more that you pay for them. I'm a Navy Medical Corpsman that served during the Vietnam War and these Rosary Beads really mean a lot to me. I use them to pray the Holy Rosary almost every day. I would highly recommend these beads to anyone looking for high quality, long lasting, rosary beads.

I have several rosaries, including olive wood ones made in the Holy Land and a nice glass one I was given for my First Communion. However, none of them are able to be carried and used daily without breaking or coming apart due to wear and tear. And as our Blessed Mother requested, we should pray the Rosary daily, and this may require us to carry to carry this spiritual sword on us in our daily travels. I searched for a rugged, masculine set of beads and found these WWI replicas made by Rugged Rosaries.

This is a well-made, sturdy but not heavy, handsome rosary. The rosary itself has an Italian-made crucifix and a gunmetal finish. The chain connecting the beads feels strong and all the beads swivel, which will reduce tangling in your pocket. The beads are distanced perfectly are connected to the Miraculous Medal with key-ring type connectors, which will prevent this rosary from coming apart.

The rosary comes in a carrying case with a screw-on top, and along with it were included a small key ring with a wooden cross on it and several prayer cards. The customer service at Rugged Rosaries is exceptional: they immediately corrected an issue with my order, and I will gladly buy more products from them.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    WWI Battle Beads® Combat Rosary from Rugged Rosaries®

    These strong, durable, pull chain rosaries have several features that set them apart:

    - Historical 1916 WWI Service Combat Rosary design handmade in our studio in California since 2012.
    - New design more closely resembling the actual antique WWI rosaries
    - Slightly larger Our Father beads help to aid in meditative prayer
    - Gunmetal Patina Solid Brass Chain is no-tangle and no-rust.
    - Very Strong 💪Rugged Construction.
    - Finest quality Centerpiece medals and Crucifixes imported from Italy.
    - Beware Chinese components which can have poor finishes, less detail, and misspelled wording.
    - WWI Battle Beads have heavy duty double split ring connectors.
    - Includes a very functional pocket-sized tin for extra protection or storage.
    - We ship extremely fast, often within hours of your order!
    - Check out the 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ reviews for our WWI Battle Beads!

    This compact all metal rosary is rugged, functional, and portable. It has a meaningful history, as it is a replica of the government service combat rosaries issued to soldiers, sailors, and flying aces during WWI and WWII.

    We have closely duplicated the original vintage rosaries. This new design has slightly larger Our Father beads which aids your meditative prayer. They are very durable, do not tangle, and are easy to carry in your pocket. Beads are Solid Brass with high-quality gunmetal coating which do not rust, are non-magnetic, and have no splits or gapes.

    At 21" long, they can be worn under your shirt. WWI Battle Beads have a quality Miraculous Centerpiece and traditional Italian Gunmetal Crucifix.

    Thank you and God Bless.

    WWI Battle Beads is a registered trademark Reg. No. 5,445,339.
    Rugged Rosaries is a registered trademark Reg. No. 4,779,215.
    Copyright Cordbands LLC © 2019



    Perfect beads for whom I wish to give them. They are better up front than online. Handsome, sturdy, well made and that gun medal looks awesome. I have four pairs for family. I make rosaries and I fix them. These; however, I doubt if I will ever need to fix them. I am so pleased. Thank you. God bless you.

    Just received this in the mail, it’s a gift for my brother’s Confirmation. FAST shipping! We ordered it on Monday and didn’t expect to get it in time for his ceremony this Saturday, but the Holy Spririt must have expedited it for us lol! The Rosary is beautiful and feels very well-made. The prayer card and “Rosary cheat sheet” card and key chain cross included are a nice bonus. Thanks again and God Bless!

    As the headline says, this is by far the nicest rosary I've ever owned. They're not kidding when they say these rosaries are tough; I can't imagine how you'd ever manage to accidentally break this thing. On top of being durable enough to lift a car engine, it also doesn't tangle. I've carried it around in my pocket while working (I have a very physical job) and it's not gotten tangled a single time. I bought the gunmetal version, and I love the finish. I've had no problems with it wearing off. I would give this rosary 5 stars just in itself, but it also came with a bunch of cool extras! It came with a nice screw-top storage tin, a Rugged Rosaries sticker, a few various things on cardstock including a rosary "cheat sheet", and even a wood and cord single-decade rosary (which I put on my keychain). I only have two minor complaints, and these both come down to nothing more than personal preference. First, the decade beads feel a bit small because I have big hands, but it's not so bad that it's uncomfortable. Second, I wasn't a fan of the crucifix. Don't get me wrong, it's very high quality, I just didn't like it aesthetically. Luckily I had a St. Benedict crucifix from an older rosary that had broken, so I just swapped the two.

    I would 100% recommend this to anyone. Rugged Rosaries could easily charge twice what they do and you'd still be getting a good deal. If I ever have to buy another rosary, like because of a nuclear blast or a smelting accident, I'll absolutely buy one of these again. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I can't recall ever being this thoroughly satisfied with a purchase.

    Was a little disappointed that it was so light weighted! I didn’t keep it I gave it to someone els that liked it!

    My profession places me around dangerous (and oftentimes evil - in my opinion, of course) individuals. I require a Rosary that will withstand being carried with me at all times (usually in my pocket). Initial reaction to this Rosary is “wow...” Quality appears to be stellar. Just need to have it blessed, and I can find out how sturdy it truly is.

    Get it Now

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment