Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Zinus Suzanne Metal and Wood Platform Bed with Headboard / Box Spring Optional / Wood Slat Support, Twin

Zinus Suzanne Metal and Wood Platform Bed with Headboard / Box Spring Optional / Wood Slat Support, Twin

Zinus Suzanne Metal and Wood Platform Bed with Headboard / Box Spring Optional / Wood Slat Support, Twin

We're really impressed with this frame.

Got this as a kind of temporary solution until we move out of our apartment and buy a place. Figured it would be decent enough to last a year or so, but didn't have super high expectations for build quality and fit/finish. How good can a king size frame be for around $260, right?

Well it's actually pretty great.

First of all I was struck by how hefty the box was. It weighed a lot more than I expected and that's because the metal components are really solid and the wood panels are a decent size and thickness (and yes they're real wood). The construction of the frame and how it screws together seems well engineered and I was able to assemble the frame by myself in around a half hour. Would have been even faster with a little help, but it was not difficult to do myself. The way it's built, you can take it apart in a few bigger pieces without disassembling the whole bed, so moving it should be pretty straightforward and low hassle. Assembly instructions are very clear and the number of steps is pretty minimal.

Once assembled, the bed has no wobble, does not make any rickety noises, and feels very solid. Vigorous activity does not cause the headboard to smack into the wall, in case you were wondering.

Another plus for me is that with a thick enough mattress, the footboard does not rise nearly as high as it appears to in the photos. We have a Tuft and Needle mattress with a memory foam topper and it is about level with the footboard. I don't really care for high footboards, so that's a win in my book.

So, we got a way better bed frame than we expected and now we're not so sure we'll be looking to replace this one any time soon. It's plenty sturdy and really does look nice. Has kind of a mild industrial look to it without being overly trendy.

I bought this bed frame to furnish my new apartment in preparation for my wedding and this really was a wonderful product.

The instructions were clear and simple, every piece was labeled with a small sticker that clearly marked how the bed frame was supposed to be put together. The construction is very sturdy, I don't have any worries at all that this would be able to take the weight of any size person and mattress that owns it. It's a solid dark, burnished metal frame with well-polished wood trim accents that makes a wonderful addition to our new home.

There's no creaking whenever the mattress moves, because the frame is so solid, and I haven't had to worry about anything breaking or weak pieces or issues with the construction of the bed frame! The bottom of the frame that supports your mattress is a lining of cedar slats that velcro onto the frame, and there's even an added rubber strip down the center line that keeps your mattress from making noise as it moves around. I'm thankful and very satisfied with this purchase, and I know that it'll keep my bed and mattress solid for probably the next many years.

First off: I loved how easy it was to put together. The instructions were large and clear and there were no weird/illegible instructions. They package all the parts nicely and securely. The bolts and the Allen wrench were very orderly and organized in one package, every screw was labeled including the extras, which thankfully were labeled "spare" because otherwise I might have worried.

The look of it is even nicer though, the black metal is brushed so it doesn't cause any weird glares or get fingerprints on them. The wood is a little more orange than I'd have liked but honestly it pops really well. The wood itself is nice and thick, it's not compressed wood, it's actual fitted planks which is really appreciate considering the price. The metal is all hollow, so it isn't heavy, you can move the bed around if you want and it's not a hassle, but it still stays for my in place if you want it to. Sometimes I hit my keys or something on it and it makes that loud metal clink but really it's not a real issue. The metal bars are thick enough in width that my cat can walk on it, but not so thick she can sit on it. The bed does come with some pretty nice slats, they have Velcro to hold them in place and are super easy to take on and off.

I have a six inch mattress and it comes up to about the top of the footboards wood panel, but is lower than the headboard wood panel. If you want no gap under the wood of your headboard you'll need a 12+ inch mattress, which will be about level with the top of the footboard.

Also, keep in mind that it's pretty low to the ground, I personally like it because I've got a small room, but it's not for everyone.

Excellent excellent product! Not only is this bed frame constructed with quality materials, it's easy to assemble (love the numbering system and Velcro connected slats) and looks amazing. And they give you a super cool little ratchet that makes assembly a breeze.

We have a Tuft & Needle King mattress and it fits perfectly on this frame.

If you're looking for a low-slung high-quality modern bed frame with a classy wood and steel appearance, this is it. The price was low enough that normal people can actually afford it (250-ish) and the quality exceeds all expectations. My only complaint is the box weighed like a bazillion pounds. Definitely need two people to lift and carry.

Update: After a little over four months, the bed holds up really well. We learned that it is just the right height for a cat or robot vacuum to fit beneath. Also, I didn't tighten a couple of the screws enough and the headboard started to creak sometimes. When I figured out what was going on, I used the ratchet wrench and voila! No more creak.

Also also, the metal on the headboard is great for attaching a magnetic hygrometer, booklight, or NFC tag.

Exactly as pictured. Super sturdy & quality feeling. Very easy to assemble: it comes with an allen wrench and all the screws needed. You don't need any other tools. The assembly is explained in a very simple way using numbers. This was the easiest piece of furniture I've ever assembled. I did it by myself in about an hour or less. The frame does sit pretty low, but I knew that when I ordered it and prefer a low profile. No box spring needed (although I'm sure you could use one of you wanted). I basically have my mattress on the wooden slats exactly like the picture model. With my 8 inch mattress there is a 3 inch gap between the bottom of the headboard and the mattress. An 8-12 inch mattress seems to fit the bed perfectly. It was my first time ordering Zinus brand and I will definitely do it again. Note: the delivery box was heavy! I needed another person to help me carry into the house. But once I opened the box I could take the pieces out individually by myself. I'm not that strong.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 7 inch high strong Steel frame structure with wood slat support for mattress longevity
  • Wood headboard detail. Distance between wood slats is 2.9 inches
  • Easily assembled in minutes
  • Non-slip tape on the wooden slats prevents your mattress from moving
  • 5 year worry free limited warranty

Description

The new iron line platform bed by Zinus will instantly update any bedroom. With the cherry finished pine wood headboard, sleek metal structure, and wood slats, this platform bed provides great support for your memory foam, latex, or spring mattress while looking great in your bedroom. Use with or without a box spring to personalize your mattress Height, mattress sold separately. Another comfort innovation from Zinus.



This iron and wood bed is very sturdy. It doesn't move at all for us, or make any noises. We are a couple with 4 small kids, and so we know what we have to do to have "alone time"- we have to be QUIET! lol This bed is the answer to all that we needed- previously we had the mattress on the floor because we like the height of the bed low- this bed is 7 inches from the floor and the perfect height. My husband can get on his knees, and the side of the bed comes right to his hips (wink wink) and it has the iron headboard and foot board for sturdy handles to hold on to when moving around if you get my point. It sleeps amazing as well. The bed feels like it is more soft that when it was on the floor- I figure the wood slats help it have some give. We are about 450-500 lbs combined and I cant see it causing indentations at all in the mattress when we lay on it- it holds our weight great. I can see this bed lasting until we are old and gray.

The company sent cute additions with the bed- a few cards to give to friends or family to say hello, and the best little rachet to help build the bed- that thing really helps!!

Building the bed took about 1 hour with 2 people, it was self explanatory with the numbers matching to numbers. 1 fit into 1, 2 fit into 2, and so on. The slats were together and held together with velcro that was easy to apply. Sticky double sided tape for the mattresses on the slats to help it from sliding, which it hasn't done. I would definitely purchase this bed again.

My mattress is a tempurpedic and is around 15 inches high, and it comes to right where the wood on the headboard starts leaving no gaps which is great.

The only bad thing was that we had to wait on the bed for a longer time- Amazon shipped the wrong bed the first time- they shipped a gray bed that was a completely different model. If we had unboxed the bed, we would have never gotten it returned. Once the bed comes out of the box, it is almost impossible to get all of the pieces back into it, so check the box carefully to make sure it is correct before unpacking it.

Also, once we got the correct bed, the box it was in was so damaged and looked so old and beat up- some of the iron bars had dents in them as my picture shows. They also scratched the wood headboard a little during transit.

I paid around US 238 dollars for this bed- wait until it goes on sale!

This bed frame surpassed all of my expectations. The quality seems top notch from the solid steel frame, the Velcro to hold the wooden slats in place, to the soft foam on the center rail to avoid any squeaking or rubbing on the steel. The setup was also incredible painless. There is a clearly labeled instruction manual that shows a picture of each section in order. The picture has a little zoom out so you know what corner of the bed you are actually looking at up close and the bed frame itself is labeled with numbers that all match up. So easy to setup, looks great, build is sturdy, price is exceptional. I was surprised how low it was to the ground but that is a minor nitpick as I clearly didn't read the dimensions close enough before purchase.

I use this bed frame for a Casper queen bed. After reading reviews about Zinus poor quality and even worse customer service I was really hesitant to purchase this bed frame. When reading reviews the Zinus Ironline Metal frame did not have quality issues but a lot of the other frames made by Zinus had manufacturing defects and customers where not getting any response from customer service. That made it difficult to hit the purchase button even though I really liked this bed frame. My bed frame came in good condition and assembly was flawless. Directions are very easy to follow and I did not have any issues at all. The gap between the floor and the bottom of the side frame is 4". The quality of the bed is very good, sturdy and looks very nice. I was worried that at the price I paid it might look a little chintzy but that is not the case at all. I am very happy with this bed frame. I would give it 5 stars but can't justify giving 5 stars to a company with such poor customer service.

I never write reviews, but I do read them before I buy anything. I read the reviews for this frame and felt they were kind of scattered in terms of the problems people were having. Not being a picky person and liking the look of the frame I wasn't going to mind any little dents or chips. My package arrived 3 days early. I was pretty sure I ordered the frame with the foot board (because the one without, the one I actually wanted, said it would take 3-4 months to ship). I received the frame without :) so it was a pleasant mistake for me.
I inspected the metal and the wood pieces and all of it surpassed my quality check. Got to getting out the hardware and found a micro ratchet was included, I've put a lot of furniture together and I have never seen something like that included especially when you're usually lucky to get the wrench that you need at all, thought it was pretty cool and incredibly handy. It still came with the hex, I didn't even pull it out of the package.
The instructions are IDIOT PROOF. Every connection is numbered, screw #1 to #1, #2 to #2, etc. 14 steps, half of which are just doing the other side same as the last. I put this thing together in less than 30 minutes. The metal feels very sturdy at the joints as well as throughout and the wood slats are, in my opinion very good quality. ZERO hiccups, the numbered stickers come off super easy which is a big deal to me, I hate cleaning off adhesive. Just being me, I went through and tightened the bolts that were already in the pieces of the frame just in case. Overall, I don't see this thing crapping out on me any time soon. I will update this review if it goes south though.

I've always been a bargain furniture shopper and this one caught me by surprise, in a great way.

First off, the design is sleek and simple. Second, quality of materials for the price is surprising great - This is noticeably better than IKEA people. Every screw has a matching predrilled metal socket so that you can deassemble and reassemble multiple times without having to worry about losing the tread. I can imagine it traveling well between multiple moves. Third, packaging was great, double boxed and all the styrofoam boxes wrapped in plastic so that you don't end up finding micro styrofoam balls around your place for months to come!

Last but most important of all though is the amount of attention and thought given to the assembly! 2 sheets of paper lay out which pieces are what, and then where/how they should lay so that you don't need find yourself shifting 6ft long planks over and over again. Joints have matching numbers so that you also know exactly which piece fits into which end, only 2 different types of screws needed and spares of each in case you lose one at a later time, and 2 types of ratchets to help ensure you get the tightest fit to make it sturdy.

Bonus, the wooden planks are lined with velcro to the frame so that they won't shift!

Fantastic quality, quickest dumb-proof assembly and great value! Hope they extend their collection to other designs and pieces of furniture, will look here first!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment