Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz

Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz

Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz

I have really, truly, gone through every single "safe" sunscreen. Many are fine, but even my previous favorites are too greasy (Badger) or separate weirdly (Goddess Garden). This worked so well. Perhaps too well: a week after we got back from the beach, I was still feeling the traces of it and trying to scrub it off. It's not so bad, though: whatever they're using as the base really works to keep you covered. We wore this for an entire week, basically with one or maybe two applications a day for several hours at the beach, including in and out of the water, and none of us got burned. (Granted, we were also sometimes wearing rashguards and hats, but we were without plenty of the time, too.)

It applies easily, it's not greasy at all, and it absorbs really quickly. Best of all, it has a pleasant scent, kind of like peaches or tangerines, but very very light and the smell dissipates quickly. I'm pretty sensitive to scents and I never had any issues.

The pros with this sunscreen are that it's a really, really good deal. 3oz (that you can use for face or body) for just under $10 when I bought it. This is a mineral/physical sunscreen. What that means is that it uses zinc oxide (20%) that sits on top of your skin deflecting UV rays from the sun. Chemical sunscreens will actually absorb into your skin and deflect/reflect UV rays that way. So for a physical sunscreen with that high of a percentage of zinc oxide for that price...? WIN WIN WIN. This is for babies, but adults can use it too. I do. It's super gentle. It leaves a slight white cast on me though that's one of the cons. The other is there's a slight fragrance to it. It's not much, but it's definitely there and sometimes this sunscreen will pill. It's white and thick but spreads easily. Overall, I would recommend and repurchase. I do not mind looking a little white and paste-y if that means preventing wrinkles, sunspots, and pre-mature aging. At this price, I'll take it!

We live in Texas so a good sunscreen for out 20 month old son is an absolute must, especially since his daycare takes them outside to play twice a day. Thinkbaby's sunscreen has worked great for us; there is a clear difference before when we left him at the daycare without the screen vs with the sunscreen. I had initially bought babyganics sunscreen but I had to return is since it was so difficult to spread and was chaky. Thinkbaby's sunscreen is so much easier to apply, has a milder smell and is not chaky. My toddler still hates when I put sunscreen on him, but this is the best one we have tried so far.

This is a wonderful baby sunscreen! Everything about it is great, there are no cons. It smells delightful, like orange blossoms, it is easy to rub in, and my baby has never had a burn while using it. My husband and I have started using it, too, because it is so great. We used to use Neutrogena, which is also great, but the smell of this one is much more pleasant.

As someone with facial eczema and terribly sensitive skin sunscreen is both necessary and annoying. I'm very used to sunscreen burning my face upon contact, but this one went on with zero pain! It doesn't feel oily like other sunscreens, but it is definitely a thicker feeling on the skin. I would use this more so for everyday wear rather than for activities, though.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • First sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements
  • EWG rated "1" since 2010.
  • Mineral-based sunscreen, free of biologically harmful chemicals, no avobenzone, oxybenzone, or UV chemical absorbers
  • Non-nano zinc oxide formulation. Non-oily and applies easily
  • Member of Safe Cosmetics Compact and Sun Safety Coalition
  • More awards than any other sun care line, including Allure's "Best of"
  • No animal testing. Paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free
  • Highest SPF, Water Resistance and Broadspectrum coverage as proposed by the 2012 FDA Guideline
  • First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
  • Top Rated by EWG with a "1" rating in 2010, 2011, and 2012, 2013 - Baby, Beach and Sport
  • First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
  • Top Rated by EWG with a "1" rating in 2010, 2011, and 2012, 2013 - Baby, Beach and Sport
  • Highest SPF 50+ (per FDA 2012 Rules - any sunscreens boasting higher are falsely marketing)
  • Highest level of water resistance (80 minutes) (per FDA 2012 Rules)
  • Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, or UV Chemical absorbers.

Description

At Thinkbaby and Thinksport, we are continually expanding our mission to provide safe products by identifying consumer product categories with known human health issues. Specifically, we target products that contain high levels of hormone disruptors and carcinogens. We then work with leading scientists worldwide to create safe alternatives. The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens. Simply looking at the ingredients you’ll quickly realize you don’t recognize any of them. Many existing sunscreens have been brought to market with little concern for their safety. Not only do ingredients in sunscreen interact with skin, but data shows after application of lotions, some of the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream. Most people wear sunscreen to reduce the chance of developing cancer, so why apply something that could potentially increase this risk? This question has unfortunately left many people moving away from using sunscreen at all. INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% (Non-nano), Inactive Ingredients: PURIFIED WATER (0), ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE (0), CAPRIC CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDES(0), SORBITAN STEARATE (COCONUT BASED) (1), PINE WOOD RESIN (0), VEGETABLE GLYCERIN (0), CETYL DIMETHICONE (0), HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL (0), MAGNESIUM SULFATE (EPSOM SALT) (0), SUNFLOWER OIL, JOJOBA OIL (0), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) (0), TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E) (1), OLIVE OIL (0), RASPBERRY SEED OIL (0), CRANBERRY SEED OIL (0), HYALURONIC ACID (MADE FROM VEGETABLE) (0), GLUCOSE & GLUCOSE OXIDASE AND LACTOPEROXIDASE (0), PAPAYA (0) Animal testing: We do not test on animals. Ever. Period. And we will not work with any entity that does. Period. We fired our website host GoDaddy.com due to the CEO going Elephant hunting.



This is the only sunscreen I trust for my 3 year old to use. There are so many sunscreens out there loaded with chemicals- this one is safe and gives me peace of mind.

This sunscreen works really well. I recently vacationed to the Eastern Caribbean with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We all have fair skin and usually will sunburn at the beginning of the season, even with sunscreen. We were all pasty white because it is the middle of the winter where we are from. Not one of us got burned being outside in the sun for over a week straight. This sunscreen went on kind of thick and white, but quickly rubbed in. It did not leave the bluish hue you sometimes get from sunscreens. It also did not leave any of our skin feeling overly greasy or heavy. The smell of it is sweet and not too overpowering. My only complaint is the price of the product. It works great, it is just very pricey for what you get.

I just used this product for a beach / Disney vacation while 27 weeks pregnant and definitely recommend it! The first day, I used it only on my face and got burnt everywhere else. There were a few spots on my face that got red too, but it's likely user error because I didn't re-apply and I was in the ocean. After that, I used this daily on my entire body and my sunburn, slowly but surely, healed. I didn't experience any further burn throughout the trip. I learned that you do need to apply liberally, and it may take a bit to rub it in fully, but your skin doesn't feel super gross once it's on. I plan to use what's left throughout the rest of summer and on my baby once he's born!

Love Thinkbaby! It's the only thing I've ever used on my VERY sensitive 2.5 year old, that's never resulted in a massive breakout. My 12 month old has eczema, and was also fine using this. Worked beautifully during a recent trip to Turks & Caicos, where the sun is ridiculously strong. Neither kid got burned, although I had to reapply every 90 mins on the dot all week long. Not the easiest task to rub it on a wet, squirmy baby or toddler, but it does what it has to do!

I was getting a lot of sunspots on my face. Was afraid they where going to grow into moles. I decided I needed serious sun screen. It really helped. Its really white when I first put it on so I put it on at min 15mins before going out. The spots actually faded. I stopped using it at one point because the summer with the thick sunscreen was even worse because it coats so I was ridiculously hot and sweating it off.

Then I forgot about it all together and I got sunspots back. So its cooler now and I am back on so those things can stay gone. I would recommend.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment