Sunday, November 24, 2019

Winsome 92815 Eugene Accent Table, 18.9 inches, Espresso

Winsome 92815 Eugene Accent Table, 18.9 inches, Espresso

Winsome 92815 Eugene Accent Table, 18.9 inches, Espresso

My bed sits of very high, so I was concerned they would stand to short or look small in comparison to the King sized bed. Not the case!

Ordered two espresso color ones for the living room and they really are nice for the price. I don't know why all the haters are giving it one star. It's actually a nice piece of furniture! Everyone compliments them and when I told them how cheap they were, they were surprised. Putting together took about 45 minutes for the first one and 30 minutes for the second (since I knew what I was doing the second time around!
The packing was good and had no chips on it whatsoever. The color is dark espresso, which I can't figure out why they are saying it isn't. its beautiful! Check out my pictures!

So, I purchased two of these little bad boys for my bedroom. I knew the price was right, but I was concerned about the quality. The first one out of the box needed some help. On the underside of the top, the rail that connects the side to the top had come loose because the screws stripped out of the top. No problem, drilled a new hole and rescrewed and it was fine. The hole thing went together very well after that. Feels pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't dance a jig on it, you might fall off or it might collapse under you, either way, don't do it. The second one had no issues. Like them so far.

I'd give it three stars for the quality, but 5 for the ease of putting it together...

UPDATE 07/23/2013:

I still have these two night stands in my bedroom. They are holding up really well. Again, for the money, you can't go wrong. They have been resistant to rings for drinks with no coasters, they have zero scratches on them and have held up my clock radio and a lamp with no problems. Still haven't tried dancing a jig on it, still wouldn't recommend it. I'd buy these again and again if I had the need.

UPDATE 07/17/2014:

Still another year, still holding up well!

UPDATE 04/17/2017:

Well, they are still standing. My side of the bed, they are still in great shape. My wife's side of the bed (sorry hunny-bunny), it has some rough patches on top from condensation running down the side of cups of water. We likely will be replacing these this year due to an overdue bedroom remodel. I'll put them in the yard sale this year and think I could get 10 or 20 bucks for them, if not I'll donate them and someone else can get some use out of them.

Very easy to put together. It arrives with the door already in the front frame. A screwdriver is all you need to put the drawer together and attach the sides to the top. All holes are pre-drilled, which makes it a breeze. Dowels are already inserted. I bought the white one and painted it before assembly. Photos attached. .

That probably sounds like faint praise, and it is. When I first opened the box I was a bit dismayed. You know how the backs of most pieces of cheap furniture are just thin sheets of veneer? That's the sides of this one. Not only that, the pieces were unevenly varnished and splintered in spots. It was a beast to put together, like a wobbly waterlogged 3D jigsaw puzzle. The pieces don't fit together quite perfectly and the wood shrieked ominously half the time I screwed in the screws. However, once it was fully assembled, I was impressed! It's very sound at all the weight-bearing edges, and the drawer and magnetic door open really smoothly. One of the bottom supports is a bit loose and I can jiggle it with my hand (wood split inside maybe?) and if I pick it up and shake it hard, it might come apart. But nightstands aren't really intended to be picked up and shook. My (very picky) husband (who was put off by the price because he doesn't want cheap dorm furniture) loves it and wants to order another. If you are looking for a cheap nightstand that's a bit flimsy but looks beautiful, gets the job done, and holds a lot, I recommend this highly. If you are looking for a museum quality piece of heirloom furniture for a living room, I'd skip this and go look in the $250 section.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Rectangular end/accent table from Winsome Wood for living room or bedside use
  • Beech wood construction with warm espresso finish; slightly tapered legs
  • Equipped with 1 drawer and 1 single-shelf cabinet; round satin nickel knobs on drawer and cabinet door
  • Home assembly required; comes with necessary tools and hardware
  • Upon assembly, measures 19-inch wide by 15-inch deep by 25-inch high

Description

Tuck remote controls and drink coasters inside the drawer of this attractive accent/end table from Winsome Wood. With its clean lines, slightly tapered legs, and uncomplicated design, the table fits easily into traditional and more modern interiors alike. Set the table next to a sofa in the living room, or use as a night stand with a lamp placed on top. The table is crafted out of wood/composite with a warm espresso finish. For storage, the table offers a small drawer and a single-shelf cabinet. Both the drawer and the cabinet door provide a round satin nickel knob for opening and closing; the cabinet’s hinges are pre-installed on the right side of the door to swing open from left to right only. Upon delivery, the table requires home assembly and comes with necessary hardware and tools. The assembled table measures 19 inches wide by 15 inches deep by 25 inches high. This item weighs 21 pounds upon shipping.



PROS & CONS:
Pro - HEIGHT - This turned out MUCH nicer than I expected for such a good price. I love that it's taller than most other similar items I looked at. (Notice the photos and understand that my bed next to this table is a 14" platform frame topped with a 12" mattress.)

Con - ASSEMBLY - The assembly wasn't horrible but was a bit of a nightmare at times. I was overwhelmed when I unboxed all the pieces because there seemed to be so many! The instructions weren't as clear as they could have been about turning the pieces the right way and I ended up watching someone's YouTube video (found under the name of the item) that helped. Also, you absolutely must use a Philips head screwdriver - no using a knife or other substitute!

Pro - APPEARANCE - This is made well and the finish is gorgeous. I did have a couple if nicks along the edge of the top, but I'm letting that slide. This is roomy too. The drawer is very nice and holds a lot of stuff. I like that there is a little latch underneath so that I can lock the drawer from pulling all the way out. The cabinet portion is my favorite part because of how sturdy and roomy it is. I filled that part up with a bunch of filled writing notebooks.

I couldn't be happier that I got this and I might even have to order another one for the other side of the bed just because the table looks so classy at such an affordable price.

After reading some of the reviews I was really hesitant about buying this nightstand but I went with my instinct and got it anyways. Sure it could be better but for the price it was a great find. I bought crystal knobs here on Amazon and it looks beautiful!

This nightstand comes well packaged and needing to be assembled. The directions are clear and it is easy to put together. I’d say about 30 minutes to put it together. While putting it together I was sure it would be a bit shaky when completed. I was wrong. It’s impressively sturdy and exactly what I was looking for. It’s sturdy and even though the drawer just slides on a wooden rail instead of regular drawer hardware it’s still a smooth slide, something I was concerned about. At the price point this little guy is set at, the ease of assembly, and the finished product leads me to the conclusion that I would in fact recommend this product to others as a very good buy.

I have purchased 4 of these tables, and am completely happy with them for the price paid. Really, I consider them a total steal.

I bought a pair of the dark brown/black/espresso colored ones about a year and a half ago to serve as end tables by the couch in my living room. They look nice, and we have had no issues with quality or functionality, so when it was recently decided that new nightstands were needed by a bed, a pair of white tables were ordered.
In both locations, we wanted decent looking but didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars each. End tables and night stands at real furniture stores easily reached up in to the hundreds of dollars per unit range, so we decided to expand our search. We checked the more “quirky” and discount-oriented home goods stores and, to be frank, the offerings looked like junk. There is a Big Blue Emporium Of Swedish-Designed Goods And Meatballs (you know what place I’m talking about) located in our town, so we checked there. We found something acceptable looking and reasonably priced, but still there was a nagging doubt. “Let’s check Amazon” we thought. And so we did. And here we are.

All 4 tables arrived in fine flat-pack condition. Nothing was dinged or damaged, no missing pieces, nothing troubling to report. All pieces are made of real wood, not fiberboard or particle board or cardboard, like products from that other place we had considered. The benefit of having real wood is that it glues up nice, and if you have any scratches, it’s relatively easy to repair. The directions are simple, but sensible and easy to follow. With this sort of furniture, I always glue pieces together in addition to the screws just to add a bit of strength to the whole thing. Everything went together fine, and fit properly. The door was already assembled within the face frame, so no adjustment or fitting was needed.

As for colors/ finishes: We are very happy with the coloring and quality of finish of these. The espresso color is a very deep brown/black that is evenly applied over the whole unit, no “splotchiness”. These tables, despite our best efforts to prevent it, regularly get drinks placed on them without coasters, and there are spills, and we have yet to see any rings or other defect appear in the surface finish. The white tables are a smooth flat-ish white paint (which is what we wanted), not a stained white-wash. I had one spot (about the size of a paper clip) on one of the white tables where the finish was a little marred. It wasn’t a scratch or damage, it just looked like the paint hadn’t been applied quite right. I had some paint on hand that matched just right, and a light touch-up made it disappear.

I’ve only got a couple of things that I would list as “cons” though they aren’t deal-breakers, nor are they enough of a problem to cause me to lower my rating. I mean, let’s be real and recognize that when you’re only spending fifty dollars for a piece of furniture to be delivered to your house, it’s probably not going to have the same quality as a piece that is hundreds of dollars more expensive. You should know going in to the deal that you’re making a compromise somewhere.
Anyhow, my “cons”:
-The bottom of the unit is a thin piece of plywood that is simply laid on the frame. It is not fastened in place, and it “floats” around a bit. Also, it doesn’t strike me as overly-sturdy. It’s not like you’re going to keep your barbells or encyclopedias in there, but it’s a weaker part of the construction that I thought would be helpful to point out to people. If I were worried about it, it could easily be glued/nailed into place, but I haven’t found a practical issue with it.
-The door’s orientation isn’t easily switched. If you want to switch it so that the hinges are on the left instead of the right, you are going to have to do a little wood-work, it’s not a simple flip-flop. This may be a deal-breaker for some people, but it hasn’t really bothered me in use. Again, I thought it would be helpful to point this out to people.

At the end of the day, I can say that I am very happy with these units. I’ve had them long enough that I think I’ve given them a decent real-world trial, and they are something I would buy again (and I have!), and recommend to others.

Cute, perfect for a toddler room. At $47, this is not a sold wood night stand. But honestly, it's even nicer than I expected. A breeze to put together, I held pieces together and my and my 6 year old used our small, not so powerful drill. Straight forward directions. The unit is study, but it is in a toddler room and could tip if she pulled the drawer hard enough, so I will anchor it to the wall. One step not in the directions is a little wood piece below the drawer that after the drawer is in place, it turns upwards to keep the drawer from falling in toes when you pull it out. The packaging was great, nothing was dented or scratched. Keep in mind, these are not full sized for an adult room. These are perfect for a child's room. I switched out the knobs for crystal pink ones I found on Amazon. Happy with my purchase.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment